Dallas Stars "Victory Green" - The ugliest color in the NHL

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
This might be a random thought, but I just saw this Esports hockey thing on NBCSN, and it showed some Stars fans completely dressed in Stars merchandise: hats, jerseys, the works. And it just looked offensive. The blue-ish hue on the light green makes it look like a wannabe metallic type green except it's not. It's not rich, it's not a pastel, it's nothing. It's too bright to be so cold, too cold to be so bright. No-one would buy a car, a house, a sweater, an armchair, wallpaper, anything in that color. Maybe it would work with a touch of gold on it, but no, they dropped that for silver which just further accentuates the coldness and complete lack of 'pop' in the color scheme. Oh and that logo, what a crime against humanity. It's like a generic 'make a team' design template on an EA sports game.

Are there any Stars fans who actually prefer this look to the 90s look? I think it's obvious they need to (1) change the tone of green (2) bring back the gold (3) drop the D star logo that looks like the submission of your high school's least creative student to a "design a Dallas Stars logo" competition.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Their logo is hideous. They kind of look like an AHL team. I think a green, gold and white scheme would look a lot better.

Combine this sweater
adidas-minnesota-north-stars-heroes-of-hockey-jersey-adult-minnesota-north-stars

with this logo:

5719183-1.jpg

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
This might be a random thought, but I just saw this Esports hockey thing on NBCSN, and it showed some Stars fans completely dressed in Stars merchandise: hats, jerseys, the works. And it just looked offensive. The blue-ish hue on the light green makes it look like a wannabe metallic type green except it's not. It's not rich, it's not a pastel, it's nothing. It's too bright to be so cold, too cold to be so bright. No-one would buy a car, a house, a sweater, an armchair, wallpaper, anything in that color. Maybe it would work with a touch of gold on it, but no, they dropped that for silver which just further accentuates the coldness and complete lack of 'pop' in the color scheme. Oh and that logo, what a crime against humanity. It's like a generic 'make a team' design template on an EA sports game.

Are there any Stars fans who actually prefer this look to the 90s look? I think it's obvious they need to (1) change the tone of green (2) bring back the gold (3) drop the D star logo that looks like the submission of your high school's least creative student to a "design a Dallas Stars logo" competition.
I love all my Victory Green jerseys. Sorry you don't, but it's working for Dallas.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
DOn't tell that jersey collectors who seem to have some sort of ethereal attraction to the victory green.

Jersey collectors love all the ugly jerseys because those people have basically become decadent hipsters when it comes to hockey jerseys. Everyone can recognize the greatness of the Habs' or Blackhawks' red jersey..and they're household items, but the ugly ones..that's how they show off how special they are.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The only jersey collectors I know to buy the new Stars jerseys are ones that basically collect every jersey, but I guess that's still not as bad as pretending to be European.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Bro the islanders have the worst color scheme in the NHL. Absolutely brutal to watch their ugly jerseys.

Reactions: Jannik Hansen

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
I’d rather have victory green around than another blue, red or black primary jersey.

Ya, on its own, I think Dallas' jersey is decent, nothing amazing or anything (and the logo kind of sucks), but certainly decent. When compared to the rest of the league though, where almost every colour scheme is predominantly blue, red, or black, the green offers up something downright refreshing.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

The color is good, it's that stupid logo with the d is shit.
They need to go back to the old star logo and it'll be perfect

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Their logo is hideous. They kind of look like an AHL team. I think a green, gold and white scheme would look a lot better.

Combine this sweater
adidas-minnesota-north-stars-heroes-of-hockey-jersey-adult-minnesota-north-stars

with this logo:

5719183-1.jpg

I know i'm in the minority here but i think the North Stars color sheme was/is absolutely hideous. Green and Yellow doesn't fit together . As a matter of fact yellow is allways bad but i guess thats just me since i absolutely hate anything yellow.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad