Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
71yytVeOVtL._AC_UX385_.jpg

Ugly.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
This might be a random thought, but I just saw this Esports hockey thing on NBCSN, and it showed some Stars fans completely dressed in Stars merchandise: hats, jerseys, the works. And it just looked offensive. The blue-ish hue on the light green makes it look like a wannabe metallic type green except it's not. It's not rich, it's not a pastel, it's nothing. It's too bright to be so cold, too cold to be so bright. No-one would buy a car, a house, a sweater, an armchair, wallpaper, anything in that color. Maybe it would work with a touch of gold on it, but no, they dropped that for silver which just further accentuates the coldness and complete lack of 'pop' in the color scheme. Oh and that logo, what a crime against humanity. It's like a generic 'make a team' design template on an EA sports game.

Are there any Stars fans who actually prefer this look to the 90s look? I think it's obvious they need to (1) change the tone of green (2) bring back the gold (3) drop the D star logo that looks like the submission of your high school's least creative student to a "design a Dallas Stars logo" competition.
A wall of text.

No pic of the jersey.

Fail, my man.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I know i'm in the minory here but i think the North Stars color sheme was/is absolutely hideous. Green and Yellow doesn't fit together . As a matter of fact yellow is allways bad but i guess thats just me since i absolutely hate anything yellow.

You're not the only one. Welcome to the club.

I look at it and I get that damn $5 footlong song in my head.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I really liked them when they were first revealed but I agree that the color scheme hasn't aged as well as I expected. I liked their prior green, and the gold accent colour was a great compliment.

View attachment 447852
This is for sure the best Stars kit. I think they ditched it for being too "gimmicky" though.

I do like the current uniforms, except for their abysmal reverse retro

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
A wall of text.

No pic of the jersey.

Fail, my man.

They're the current uniforms..I thought on a NHL forum people would have a good idea of what it looks like. Note that half the people didn't even read or understand the thread (i.e. the problem isn't *green* the problem is the *shade* of it). But here is the illustration:

wallpaper

https%3A%2F%2Fblackoutdallas.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1190071986-850x560.jpeg

It's a green tone that reminds me of a pine car freshener. It's bright but doesn't pop, it is an intentionally cold green.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
They're the current uniforms..I thought on a NHL forum people would have a good idea of what it looks like. Note that half the people didn't even read or understand the thread (i.e. the problem isn't *green* the problem is the *shade* of it). But here is the illustration:

wallpaper

https%3A%2F%2Fblackoutdallas.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1190071986-850x560.jpeg

It's a green tone that reminds me of a pine car freshener. It's bright but doesn't pop, it is an intentionally cold green.
Thanks! And extra points for the Wunderbaum reference.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Regarding the shade of green- iirc the owner wanted to move away from green to red white and blue but the fans obviously wanted to stick with green. He wanted to distance the team from the old and create a new identity so the different shade was a sort of compromise.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
This is one of the dumbest threads I've seen in some time. :laugh:

Take it from a fan of a team with some ugly jerseys (the Jackets). Your main Stars jerseys are fugly.

I really liked them when they were first revealed but I agree that the color scheme hasn't aged as well as I expected. I liked their prior green, and the gold accent colour was a great compliment.

View attachment 447852

This looks better than any Stars jersey I've seen, going all the way back to the North Stars. That thick band of gold makes the green work so much better.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
This is for sure the best Stars kit. I think they ditched it for being too "gimmicky" though.

I do like the current uniforms, except for their abysmal reverse retro

To each their own my man, you gotta see the reverse retro in person. I bought a gamer and it's amazing, that silver logo is gorgeous with the current shade or green. Love everything about it and have since the reveal, but I get it's not for everyone. To me it beats the shit out of the Stars blackout neon jersey.

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep

wallpaper

You just don't like green, to say it is cold and doesn't pop doesn't make sense. Pine car freshener is a deeper darker green like the 90s version, and that doesn't pop I'd agree. It's basically the same as the Whalers were and who doesn't love that? Kelly green/victory green same idea.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Their logo is hideous. They kind of look like an AHL team. I think a green, gold and white scheme would look a lot better.

Combine this sweater
adidas-minnesota-north-stars-heroes-of-hockey-jersey-adult-minnesota-north-stars

with this logo:

5719183-1.jpg

Yeah, how about no. The Wild already have that color scheme for their reverse retros.

Dallas can pirate another teams look. Thanks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad