Prospect Info: Dallas Stars 2013-14 Prospect Talk Part II: The Playoff Edition

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Nick Paul opens the scoring on the powerplay. Exact replica of the goal he scored last game.

Edit: McGinn ties it up almost immediately

Edit #2: Battalion grab the lead back with 59 seconds left in the period. North Bay leads 2-1 after the first.

Last edited:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The announcers were gushing over Paul's shot. Called it an NHL quality shot, quick release.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Dickinson with an assist..... on North Bay's goal.

Puck started bouncing on him at center ice and he lost control, Goodrow stepped up and took it in for a shorthanded breakaway.

Other than the 10-1 loss, North Bay has been the better team this series. Won't be surprised to see this reach game 7.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
What a waste of money. My feed was down for the entire first half of the 2nd period. That's annoying.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Other than the 10-1 loss, North Bay has been the better team this series. Won't be surprised to see this reach game 7.

A week or so ago, saying that exact thing about Dallas/Anaheim gave me comfort. I know realize it doesn't mean jack. All that matters is how you finish, and Guelph played better when it mattered most in Game 1 and 3. The same is true of Anaheim in Game 1 and 2 against Dallas.

Who looked better longer doesn't get the W at the end of the day.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Fabrri's line has a great shift. Finn finishes it off with a goal.

I'm loving Fabrri. You can tell NB has decided to punch him in the mouth every chance they get. He's taking every shot like a chance and giving them as well. If he can play like this and score like he's done all season and in the playoffs ... maybe you do take the chance on the smaller guy.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
That seems more cost prohibitive than wasting money on a black feed.

:laugh:

I remember the Q used to stream games a couple years ago for free... The CHL really overcharges for their feeds.

How sick is Fabbri.... Guelph is coming back to win 6-4 in the 3rd.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Wow ... that last 20 seconds. Can't believe we're not tied. Dickinson had it on his stick but Smith made a desperation save. He collapsed on the ice after the save and horn goes ... almost simultaneously.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
How sick is Fabbri.... Guelph is coming back to win 6-4 in the 3rd.

Seeing him for the first time .... pretty freaking sweet. Kid's got a ton of heart. I've seen him get crosschecked repeatedly and sticks in the face ... and I missed 10 minutes each of the 1st and 2nd. Kid's taking a beating, and it doesn't even phase him.

It's not a given or even likely, but Gemel Smith grew an inch and put on weight so maybe Fabbri could too.

165 pounds is awfully skinny, but he can add weight.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
SN just showed a montage of his punishment ending with the sweet feed to Finn for a goal.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
A week or so ago, saying that exact thing about Dallas/Anaheim gave me comfort. I know realize it doesn't mean jack. All that matters is how you finish, and Guelph played better when it mattered most in Game 1 and 3. The same is true of Anaheim in Game 1 and 2 against Dallas.

Who looked better longer doesn't get the W at the end of the day.

True. Especially a team like Guelph, with so much firepower they almost seem to score when they want at times. Not too often a team can trade away a point per game player (Garlent) and not skip a beat.

Still very impressive North Bay is able to outplay such a stacked team.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
True. Especially a team like Guelph, with so much firepower they almost seem to score when they want at times. Not too often a team can trade away a point per game player (Garlent) and not skip a beat.

Still very impressive North Bay is able to outplay such a stacked team.

For sure. Didn't mean to take away from them out all. They seem to be all heart and just a little talent.

Fabbri lays down to block a shot ... doing everything you could ask of a the number 1 center on the team. Really falling in love with this guy ... which sucks. Dallas never drafts my top guy ... lol. Well ... err .... from 2009 to 2012 ... so the Nieuwy years. Not saying I hated the picks ... just going in definitely had different favorites.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
This Swiss import Pius Suter is pretty impressive too, but he's even smaller than Fabbri. He's also draft eligible.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Fabbri is insane. He's on the ice for all 4 Guelph goals. Assists on the last 3 as they win the OHL Championship.

I don't know how he kept that puck in on the go ahead goal. Just a great game.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Kerby Rychel is a hero in Guelph!!!

What a finish.

Yeah that guy seemed to always be around the net. The announcers called it puck luck the first goal he scored, but he creates those opportunities by constantly driving the net.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Did the crowd start chanting Molly after they called her to the ice to fix the mic for the old guy?

Fabbri wins the MVP award ... draft that kid. He gets the 99 trophy.

Neate Sager ‏@neatebuzzthenet

Fabbri a good pick for #OHL playoff MVP. Third 17-year-old to win in last 6 years after Taylor Hall (2009) and Bo Horvat ('13).

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
In other prospect news, Gemel Smith scored a goal in London's intersquad game according to their twitter. It involved former London knights and non roster players versus the team I believe.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
At this rate there's legit concern Fabbri goes before 14. Kid has been amazing all year and his performance in the playoffs should get everyone's attention.

I'd rather not experience another Faska situation where the guy I want, Grigorenko gets taken just before the Stars pick.

I wouldn't be upset with Scherbak or Barbashev but Fabbri is who I want.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad