Prospect Info: Dallas Stars 2013-14 Prospect Talk Part II: The Playoff Edition

Brand New Stars

Well it is a lot easier to follow NHL stuff than the leagues prospects are in.

aloonda*

what role do you guys see gemel smith playing if/when he ever hits the big club?

Primetimey*

One more period to go, but looks like Desrosiers will go 4-0 with two shutouts after the first round.

aloonda*

3/4 line player like Ryan garbutt. Hopefully with less offensive zone penalties.

so a rooster/garbutt agitator with speed?

hmmm

I know he is short, but he is fast, do his hands/skill equate to any kind of msl or zuccarello kind of player? or am I just wishing?

MetalGodAOD*

so a rooster/garbutt agitator with speed?

hmmm

I know he is short, but he is fast, do his hands/skill equate to any kind of msl or zuccarello kind of player? or am I just wishing?

Zucc and MSL have elite vision and passing abilities. Smith has never been described as that, more of a power guy.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are

You gave me butterflies.

One more period to go, but looks like Desrosiers will go 4-0 with two shutouts after the first round.

Looks like the coach pulled him for the 3rd. With a 5-0 lead after 2, he must have felt comfortable and didn't want to risk an injury.

Philippe had a rocky start with 3 goals in 18 shots still in a win, but dude shut the door the rest of the way. Off the top of my head I believe he faced just under 60 shots in 2 games and 2 periods and allowed 1 goal IIRC to close it out.

He's the anti-Campbell right now, and I don't mean that as an attack on Jack. I love that dude probably more than most and respect who he can become. It's just nice to have a guy dominating juniors rather than having to make excuses. Jack is proving that maybe some of those excuses in the OHL were justified about his teams, but this is much less stressful.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Here are the Round 1 numbers:

4 Games and 4 wins; 220:00 minutes played; 4 Goals Against; 1.09 GAA; 72 shots faced; 0.944 save percentage; 1 shutout

This game should not count as a shutout unfortunately.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Jason Dickinson scores 2 goals and 1 assist in a 7-2 win. Guelph leads the series 3-1, and Dickinson earned the 1st star.

Just like London, the suffered an 8 game suspension to Brock McGinn. Unlike London though, this guy is just a winger, and his impact isn't' close to losing a starting goaltender. Still ... this guy is a 40 goal/80 point player in under 60 games for Guelph.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
He's the anti-Campbell right now, and I don't mean that as an attack on Jack. I love that dude probably more than most and respect who he can become. It's just nice to have a guy dominating juniors rather than having to make excuses. Jack is proving that maybe some of those excuses in the OHL were justified about his teams, but this is much less stressful.

Isn't his team one of the top teams in the QMJHL, while Campbell's wasn't a top team in the OHL during his time there?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
That's exactly my point. He was overwhelming labeled a bust playing behind weak OHL teams with poor defenses for the majority of his time in the league.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Cody Payne and Saginaw lose. They now trail Erie 3-1 in the best of 7 series. Payne has 3 goals and 4 points so far in the series.

Regina loses again. They're down 3-0, and they're blowing a Top 2 regular season finish in the East/WHL. Sinitsyn has no points yet.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Henri Kiviaho also signs 1-year extension with Kalpa. Will backup former Stars (2003) 5th round pick Eero Kilpelainen.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Oh well. Let the Klingberg era begin.

Teravainen's season ended about 10 before he played with Chicago against Dallas.

That's probably a reasonable timetable for Klingberg to get over to the US and settled in with the team before he's game ready.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Rogle lost Game 6 in regulation but they remain in 2nd with 10 points. 1st has 13 points, and the teams below Rogle have 9, 8, 7, and 7 points.

Margin of error is pretty small for Rogle, but 3 of the 4 remaining games at home for them. The next game is at home against the team that just beat them, Djurgårdens, and it's reasonably a must win since that team has 9 points in 3rd place. It would be huge to push them back down.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Faksa has looked great tonight, plenty of scoring chances but the poor guy can't buy a goal. As usual, his defensive play, faceoffs, and penalty killing have been good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad