Prospect Info: Dallas Stars 2013-14 Prospect Talk Part II: The Playoff Edition

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
At this rate there's legit concern Fabbri goes before 14. Kid has been amazing all year and his performance in the playoffs should get everyone's attention.

I'd rather not experience another Faska situation where the guy I want, Grigorenko gets taken just before the Stars pick.

I wouldn't be upset with Scherbak or Barbashev but Fabbri is who I want.

Well, being optimistic it's a good thing if someone pushes himself up the rankings. Fabbri being more impressive than some may have thought doesn't change how good the players ranked in front of him are.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Just a reminder that today is the kickoff of the Memorial Cup. It is on the NHL network in the USA (I think anyways) and Sportsnet in Canada. Tonight is Val D'or facing the most wonderful team in the universe, the London Knights ;) Good time for you guys to see some quality prospects in game. People to watch: Anthony Mantha 'cause he's awesome, Christian Dvorak 'cause he's draft eligible and going in the early rounds, Zach Bell 'cause he's a UFA defenceman prospect (hard hitting, defensive and right handed http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45395), and Mitch Marner 'cause he's the most exciting prospect to come through London since Pat Kane.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I would sign Bell for the beard he's got!

Dear lord it's a thing of beauty.

lk_7_zach_bell_ep.jpg

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
London outplayed them so badly :( My biggest gripe with this Knight's iteration is their laziness. Particularly Zadorov. The guy is so lackadaisical. Sloppy breakout, weak back check, bad pinches and blind passes all the time. Him as our #1 defenceman leaves a lot to be desired.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Guelph is playing Edmonton right now ... Game 2 of the Memorial Cup.

Pretty physical start.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Dickinson had a nice steal in neutral ice to turn the puck back into EDM's zone. Pushed the puck behind the net and got a lick on an Oil King.

This looks like it could be a damn good, hard hitting game. They already seem to have some anger behind the hits and after the play.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Oh my .... Sautner probably loses an eye if he's no wearing a visor. Fabbri had a beautiful rush to the net where he just missed. His skate came up, clipped the visor, and then appears to have cut him in the cheek.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Rychel again ... clinches the OHL title for them and he opens the scoring on the PP with 5 seconds remaining in the 1st period.

CLB has a good one in that guy. Someone is going to get a great guy in Fabbri. He's very entertaining to watch.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Guelph has a terrible start ... 2 goals in 27 seconds.

The first goal was just one of the weaker a goalie could give up, but the 2nd was a great pass from Lazar to a breaking Sautner. Now EDM is on the PP.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Late in shift on the PK, Dickinson strips Reinhart at the point, he's too gassed to catch up for a breakaway, but then he steals the puck back right behind the net and stuffs it in on Jarry as he and the net get pushed on top of the goalie.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Late in shift on the PK, Dickinson strips Reinhart at the point, he's too gassed to catch up for a breakaway, but then he steals the puck back right behind the net and stuffs it in on Jarry as he and the net get pushed on top of the goalie.

Great play, but yeah he would have had a breakaway if wasn't gassed

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
In the two games I've watched ... OHL Finals Game 5 and this one ... he's far less flashy than Fabbri, but I don't think he's made a single mistake. He's been great on the PK though. It's the difference in the game right now.

The announcers are right though ... when it's called for he can fly, and he's more physical than I would have imagined.

Compared to Shore who I've seen a handful of times, Dickinson is the better skater and overall player. That's saying something because Shore is a great, two-way player, but I think he takes the edge in offensive flash and creativity. Shore is also a year older though so it'll be interesting to see how much Dickinson moves forward next year.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

It's pronounced ahhh around here in the commercials ... like stick out your tongue and say ahh. M-ahh-zda.

On every commercial during the Memorial Cup on my Sportsnet feed they were saying it like "Ma" in Massachusetts.

NFKappaB

Mo Money Mo Problems
Jun 29, 2011
Nova Scotia
It's pronounced ahhh around here in the commercials ... like stick out your tongue and say ahh. M-ahh-zda.

On every commercial during the Memorial Cup on my Sportsnet feed they were saying it like "Ma" in Massachusetts.

Can confirm, I say "Ma"zda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad