Prospect Info: Dallas Stars 2013-14 Prospect Talk Part II: The Playoff Edition

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Is Samuelsson an American hockey player in terms of international play going forward? He's played for USA in past tournaments.

I don't believe he's committed yet. You have to play in an IIHF event to secure your spot.

I know the WJC U-20 locks you in so Oleksiak can only play as a Canadian.

I'm pretty sure the U-18 is IIHF, but I'm not sure if that one in particular locks you in. He did play in the U-18 for the USA the year he played for the USNTDP.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I don't believe he's committed yet. You have to play in an IIHF event to secure your spot.

I know the WJC U-20 locks you in so Oleksiak can only play as a Canadian.

I'm pretty sure the U-18 is IIHF, but I'm not sure if that one in particular locks you in. He did play in the U-18 for the USA the year he played for the USNTDP.

Could be a pretty major guy to get in the red, white, and blue for the future if his pro career pans out anything like his junior career.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Shane Turner is one of two Dallas scouts on Twitter:

Shane Turner ‏@mccovey

“@StarsInsideEdge: Dallas Stars prospect Gemel Smith in Cedar Park to watch first two games of Calder Cup Finals.” Poor man's Dougie Gilmour

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
He must be the one who drafted him :laugh:

I actually don't think so. He's based out of PEI. He's primarily the Q scout along with Alex LePore ... the guy that convinced Vance to go to the Q.

Vance talked about how helpful it was to play in the same town as Turner. He could get immediate feedback as needed.

Jimmy Johnston is typically the guy that talks up and scouts the OHL and OJHL. He's got company now though because the director of amateur scouting McDonnell use to spend quite a bit of time in the OHL as well. I imagine even though he's working for Dallas now, he probably still lives up in the Michigan area to be right in the heart of the propsects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad