Prospect Info: Dallas Stars 2013-14 Prospect Talk Part II: The Playoff Edition

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Val-d'Or and Edmonton are wearing each other out in the semi-final game. Their first game went to 2OT ... tonight's game is currently in 2OT. Good thing they have an off day tomorrow.

Winner plays Guelph on Sunday at 4:00 PM Eastern.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Guelph was going to destroy whoever they play anyway. It's going to be one of those teams where you look back and say, "Wait, he was on that team too?"

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Guelph was going to destroy whoever they play anyway.

I was trying to be bit more civil about it but yes that's likely.

Tune in if you'd like BTW. Game is still going on, and it's close to becoming the longest game in Memorial Cup history.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Going to 3OT

Harrison Mooney ‏@HarrisonMooney

You see the longest Memorial Cup game in history. I see a bunch of kids conspiring to stay up past their bedtime. Oh god. I’m old.

:laugh:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Yeah I'll watch the rest. How has Jarry looked? I was interested in the Stars drafting him but obviously no complaints with Desrosiers.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah I'll watch the rest. How has Jarry looked? I was interested in the Stars drafting him but obviously no complaints with Desrosiers.

I finally found a feed right as 2nd OT was ending.

They just ran through some replays, and both goalies look like they've made some above average saves.

The tying goal with 30 seconds to go was a point shot from the FA defenseman through a screen and past Jarry.

Guy's name starts with a G ... sorry can't remember right now. He's a little guy. Looks like he's taken a beating tonight. He's the one the Guelph player kneed and got suspended. Edmonton seems to be playing him hard as well based on the highlights.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Val D'Or relies so heavily on Bibeau holy smokes.

Jarry let in 2 softies tonight. This 6th period is gonna be silly

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Huge goal by a huge prospect.

Curtis Lazar ends it. Tip off a point shot. Val-d'Or turned it over.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I hope they get the tournament fixed next year. London was atrocious. I think North Bay deserved the spot. Only team to even challenge Guelph so far.

I heard that's one of the idea's. Host league gets league winner and runner up. One of the other ideas was host team had to get past 2nd round or they lost the bid. That's good, but not good enough probably.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Ehhh, I'm fine with the format as long as it rotates equally. If you scrap the host city concept, which I think is a mistake, then you can figure out a way to put a different team in the 4th spot.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
The format is fine. It's not like the host is a bottom dwelling team. They can make trades to be competitive for when they host it.

If you host this tournament in Shawinigan or Saskatoon without either of their respective local teams then you're not going to draw half the local interest.

It's been rolling fine in this format since the early 80's. Don't mess with it.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Puck is about to drop on the final junior game of the year. Jason Dickinson and Guelph are playing the Edmonton Oil Kings for the Memorial Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad