Post-Game Talk: Dallas 3, Edmonton 2 - "I miss losing to the stars in the playoffs"

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
I never thought this team would have a shot at McDavid or Eichel. We'll get one of them. Wow.

Then, time to move along ANYONE from this roster to solidify the defense and goal tending.

I'd actually move RNH for a more established C if the opportunity were there.

Big picture:

Lowe is much like Milbury in his last days with the Islanders. Much as a General needs to take the fall for a horrible defeat, or a CEO has to step aside or be removed after successive horrible quarterly results - so too must the head of the Oilers organization exit the scene.

Team is flailing. Franchise is in dire straights. The "head" has to go.

NugeFan

Jul 5, 2013
I never thought this team would have a shot at McDavid or Eichel. We'll get one of them. Wow.

Then, time to move along ANYONE from this roster to solidify the defense and goal tending.

Big picture:

Lowe is much like Milbury in his last days with the Islanders. Much as a General needs to take the fall for a horrible defeat, or a CEO has to step aside or be removed after successive horrible quarterly results - so too must the head of the Oilers organization exit the scene.

Wo Wo Wo! Calm down there big papa. Nuge is off limits. I feel your pain but let's stop drinking the silly juice. Hall on the other hand? ship his ass out...can barely stay on his skates...not a true franchise player...never will be...time to move on:help:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
So, the entire west is just leaving us in the dust. 7 points back of 2nd last in the West. That is worse than last year, at least the flames were at the bottom with us then. We look like we barely belong in the NHL this season.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
this is so embarrassing. Seguin is a beauty, and in hindsight I think I would have drafted him over Hall.

I don't think that if Seguin had been "developed" by the Oilers and Hall by the Bruins do you think they'd be the same players they are now.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth

Big picture:

He will hang on with all he has, because that is all he knows. Too weak to admit his failure; which is more confirmation of his arrogance. What a pathetic man.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
MacT knew he was rolling the dice huge on Draisatl and Arco as 2 and 3 center. That predictably failed. He has also gambled huge on Nikitin on a monster contract and on the Scrivens/Fasth goalie combo. Both gambles blew up in his face. Factor in an ongoing issue of the mix of forwards being wrong, manifesting in a total lack of traffic in the slot and net presence. Teddy Purcell was not going to fix that. We even have a cap crunch coming, as shocking as that is. And somehow seeing fit to sign Petry to a one- year deal destroying any chance of signing him to a reasonable deal or getting ANY value for him on trade boggles the mind. There are so many issues that it's hard to even think about solutions. The first step though is for MacT to realize the season is lost and that making a bad deal now would be a further disastrous step. Suck it up and ride out the season. Draft Eichel or MCdavid. Make trades in the off season. I fully expect MacT will get desperate and stupid and will trade good assets like Eberle for peanuts to one of a long line of opposing GMs just drooling over the chance to fleece him. In the mean time, I am not even gonna watch anymore. It's just too painful.

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
They're both elite talent.. Drafting Hall was the right play. This is the only season thus far in their careers in which Seguin is ahead in points per game.

We can all pretend Seguin was playing lights out like this throughout his career, but lets not forget how relatively little he went for when traded from Boston. If the Oilers really wanted him, they could have probably had him for Eberle. And Jamie Benn has been a corsi monster for a long time, so having him on as his linemate is obviously going to help out considerably.

Playa Hejda

Oct 9, 2013
#yeg
They're both elite talent.. Drafting Hall was the right play. This is the only season thus far in their careers in which Seguin is ahead in points per game.

We can all pretend Seguin was playing lights out like this throughout his career, but lets not forget how relatively little he went for when traded from Boston. If the Oilers really wanted him, they could have probably had him for Eberle. And Jamie Benn has been a corsi monster for a long time, so having him on as his linemate is obviously going to help out considerably.

...and Seguin was developed by the Bruins, not the Oilers.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
In hindsight we should have loaned Hall to the Bruins to be developed and then taken him back after three years. We should do that with McDavid when we get him.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

Big picture:

When Hall was 16 I remember thinking that I would love him on the Oilers but thought that it would be impossible since we'll never draft 1st overall. Well look at us now...

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I truly hope MacT never makes another trade or signing for this organization again. Keep the players that are here, ride out the season, and day 1 after game 82, there should be an announcement that they've decided to go in a new direction and wish Craig MacTavish the best in his future endeavours. Kevin Lowe can subsequently announce something about how he's decided to step away from the game to spend time with family or some other BS to save face. Nicholson hires a new GM who instantly axes the entire current coaching staff and replaces them. Oh, and the current scouting dept. can GTFO as well. Then things can start to move forward.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I truly hope MacT never makes another trade or signing for this organization again. Keep the players that are here, ride out the season, and day 1 after game 82, there should be an announcement that they've decided to go in a new direction and wish Craig MacTavish the best in his future endeavours. Kevin Lowe can subsequently announce something about how he's decided to step away from the game to spend time with family or some other BS to save face. Nicholson hires a new GM who instantly axes the entire current coaching staff and replaces them. Oh, and the current scouting dept. can GTFO as well. Then things can start to move forward.
This is where I sit now. The season is lost and I'm afraid the players may be too. There aren't any good deals out there this time of year. Whatever deals he makes will just hurt the team down the road. I really hope Katz sees this too and puts a roster freeze on him for the rest of the year. Clean house from top to bottom in April and let the new people decide what to do with these players. I wouldn't even bother tiring Eakins before the rest of the year either. Just ride it out, get the top 2 pick and start all over this off season.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
10408582_10100504196673825_6129283113557398224_n.jpg

Freudian slips

Dec 6, 2003
dogville
Visit site

This is EXACTLY what I am hoping for at this point...Kevin Lowe get out.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
I don't really find it funny. I feel for the players. Most of them didn't choose to play here wasting prime years playing for idiots.

Trade requests are coming, if not already made. They are all wasting their lives playing for a team which has a system of giving up five alarm chances.

******* corsi and advanced stats when opposing players are left wide open in the slot as you defend worthless area on the boards.

And as for seguin. He was always talented but didnt play bruin hockey. He shyed away from the danger zone and you cant do that on a team where every other player, your peers, pays the price.
Eberle does NOT equal Reilly Smith(instantly was second to Iginla in goal scoring, LE who is two way responsible and great hands, and Morrow and draft pick.)
Its not like the Bruins didnt know Seguin was going to be good. They are quite happy with another blue chip in their wealth of d prospects. They are quite hapoy with Reilly, and quite happy with LE.
That was probably the purest hockey trade ive ever seen and both teams got what they needed.

Btw, if you dont know i am a bruin fan.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
We'd be a better team if we had Gagner instead of Arcobello

lol How'd that work out the last few years? We'd be in the exact same spot with Gagner or Arco. Our problems run much deeper than 2/3 line centres.

Like Anisimov will come here and solve all our problems. This team sucks. It's not a matter of a player here or there. You could change over half this roster (like we just did) and this team will still suck as long as the current coaching/managment group is in place

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Our Defence Sucks! The biggest problem on this team is how easy the opposition enters our zone. Where the **** is the GAP CONTROL. The Blue Line is given up on EVERY opposition rush. The Defence sits back and lets them enter. How do we not see this as THE consistant problem of the last 4 years. Horrible, horrible, defence.

PETRY IS GARBAGE. WHAT THE **** KIND OF PASS WAS THAT IN THE 3RD PERIOD.
SCHULTZ IS GARBAGE LEAVING THE ICE WHEN SEGUIN IS ALL ALONE.

This defence needs a shakeup. The only defenceman who doesn't suck on a consistent basis is Mark Fayne.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad