Post-Game Talk: Dallas 3, Edmonton 2 - "I miss losing to the stars in the playoffs"

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Solid road game, shame it resulted in another loss. A guy I am really starting to hate is Acro, man so many plays die on his stick. Also Nikitin needs to sit a few.

Fasth was great, we need to run with him, sadly he will probably get hurt soon.

It's almost like Arcobello is an AHLer and doesn't belong here...

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
But...advanced stats say we should be better. :sarcasm:

How many wide open shots from the slot did Dallas have compared to us? Not all shots are equal (I know you're being sarcastic, so this isn't a shot at you at all). I'll take 5 open shots from the slot for the entire game, and only those 5 shots, over 40 shots from the perimeter and the point. With those 5 shots you should get 3 or 4 goals with anyone who has decent hands taking those shots, and most NHLers do these days. 40 shots from the perimeter you're lucky to get 2.

So in that situation you get slaughtered in terms of Corsi. Absolutely slaughtered. Yet you win the game.

Hmmmm...

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Solid road game, shame it resulted in another loss. A guy I am really starting to hate is Acro, man so many plays die on his stick. Also Nikitin needs to sit a few.

Fasth was great, we need to run with him, sadly he will probably get hurt soon.

yeah ..you know, if you exclude that slapper from the red line that cost us the game in the end .. :help:

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
we're out sucking buffalo....BUFFALO. THAT IS TRULY ****ING AMAZING. bravo Lowe, Mact, and Eakins and all the players on this team, you are truly part of something special. I never thought that 5 years into a rebuild we would be still the pinnacle of suck 25% into a season. the utter flawlessness of our suckage will be talked about for decades.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I've been an adamant Petry apologist, but he was beyond brutal tonight. If he had stepped up like he can, maybe the Oilers get a few more chances. Nothing but horrible stretch passes, bad pinches, missed assignments all night long.

That's Petry in a nutshell the last few seasons, not sure why this surprises people anymore.
He's not close to the player he was 3 seasons ago, has been regressing each year since.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Tonight was the only hope of getting one point on this three game road trip. Looks like minimum a ten game losing streak on its way! They might get a point against the Jets but even that's unlikely.. otherwise itsgoig to get pretty ****ing ugly! The losing streak could be as bad as 23 games or worse! :laugh:

We should all place bets!

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
right now, we need losing more than anything else, and not because of McDavid.

a mini winning streak or near .500 hockey would result in: 'the process is working, stay the course'.

extend the losing streak and the house cleaning is coming. (fingers crossed)

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
right now, we need losing more than anything else, and not because of McDavid.

a mini winning streak or near .500 hockey would result in: 'the process is working, stay the course'.

extend the losing streak and the house cleaning is coming. (fingers crossed)

**** that. I want them to lose for McDavid.
The house cleaning won't happen no matter how much they lose but yeah, I agree that a mini winning streak would probably be worse case scenario but looking at the schedule, there is virtually no chance of that happening. A 1 game winning streak would be a surprise in the next week or two.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 36s36 seconds ago

Coach Eakins calls line change on second Dallas goal "mind-numbing" adds "this league is too close to give other teams chances like that".

Even Eakins is running out of excuses.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Brtual, I take that back. I actually missed the first goal. Still he bounced back great.

I'll agree with that. Unfortunately our team is so fragile a goal like that kills us. We keep finding new ways to get behind early *sigh*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad