Post-Game Talk: Dallas 3, Edmonton 2 - "I miss losing to the stars in the playoffs"

ahawowow

Jun 29, 2009
Edmonton
10408582_10100504196673825_6129283113557398224_n.jpg

This is currently the 13th highest post on all of ******. ALL OF IT.

ALL of the millions of people browsing that site right now will see a picture mocking the Edmonton Oilers. We've hit rock bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Negate Katz's deal with the city on the new arena until he promises to clean house. His threats to take this team to Seattle mean absolutely nothing now. Go ahead and take this circus anywhere you want. It's an absolute embarrassment. You're a businessman. Act like one and get your Oilers business in gear, for Christ sakes. Or take this ECHL team to Seattle. I personally couldn't care less. Seems he only bought this team to get a sweetheart deal from the city for his massive real estate plans downtown. He couldn't care less about this team. Well, time to make him think twice about that stance, I say. But not sure if it's possible, and what's been signed. Probably too late. He's hoodwinked us all.

Flame me for it, I also don't care. Anyone putting up excuses for this team anymore is just extremely sad, so it would mean nothing to me.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
This is currently the 13th highest post on all of ******. ALL OF IT.

ALL of the millions of people browsing that site right now will see a picture mocking the Edmonton Oilers. We've hit rock bottom.

We're the biggest joke in all pro sports. Maybe even further.

Last edited by a moderator:

vincent1999

May 5, 2014
3-2 loss

Our Defence Sucks! The biggest problem on this team is how easy the opposition enters our zone. Where the **** is the GAP CONTROL. The Blue Line is given up on EVERY opposition rush. The Defence sits back and lets them enter. How do we not see this as THE consistant problem of the last 4 years. Horrible, horrible, defence.

PETRY IS GARBAGE. WHAT THE **** KIND OF PASS WAS THAT IN THE 3RD PERIOD.
SCHULTZ IS GARBAGE LEAVING THE ICE WHEN SEGUIN IS ALL ALONE.

This defence needs a shakeup. The only defenceman who doesn't suck on a consistent basis is Mark Fayne.

I agree but not 100%. GAP CONTROL is terrible night in and night out, and it is a MAJOR MAJOR CONCERN, but also the "little" passes between the two defensemen AND their passing up to the forwards on the boards is also GOD AWFUL night in and night out as well, and the pinching at the offensive blue-line often is unsuccessful and done as the absolutely worst of moments.

Tonight's game against Dallas, three goals against.

First one a 77 foot hail mary shoot in is a goal against a goaltender with what??? "his thumb up his butt"???, I mean what heck was he doing back there! Terrible.

The Sequin break-away was a sort of half-ass shoot in to the offensive zone, and then a just ridiculous stupid stupid attempt to change on the fly by Schultz for a "gift horse in the mouth" sort of goal. Schultz got not a lot of ice-time tonight, a small measure of accountability from a coach that been loath to use such a tactic for the so-called "big guns" of the Oilers this whole year. Eakins only seems prepared to call out Yakupov and Marincin and pretty much no one else it seems to someone in the peanut gallery.

And the Sequin goal from the slot came after some back and forth by the Oiler D, and then Petry making a bad angle pass back behind the net to Ferrence and it taps off the goal and Ferrence gets his stick at a bad angle and then Ferrence goes brain dead and rather than covering the puck up on the boards, he just peeters in back to an unchecked Dallas player who makes the routine pass to an uncovered Sequin in front of the net, and then Petry does a stand up block move to completely screen Fasth who probably wouldn't have made the save anyways as he was down in a sort of butterfly posture as the puck entered the top of the net.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Defense continues to make mind bogglingly stupid decisions. Eakins benched Schultz for the line change that lead to the Seguin goal (1st one).

It's good that they battled back, but honestly that game could've easily been 4-1 or 5-1, they gave Dallas a bunch of five alarm chances.

Eberle's pass to Hall was diiiiiirty though. What a play.

oiler4ever

Jul 29, 2004
Windsor
I was at the game, let me tell you something the trip was not good at all. Texas big state full of Football fans not hockey fans, but sure they know oilers sucks. After the game got pulled over by Texas Highway Patrol for speeding 10 miiles over. Yeah they do have different speed limits at night. Anyway officer was nice enough not to ticket me because he felt sorry for me for being an oiler fan.

Epoh

Nov 22, 2014
Negate Katz's deal with the city on the new arena until he promises to clean house. His threats to take this team to Seattle mean absolutely nothing now. Go ahead and take this circus anywhere you want. It's an absolute embarrassment. You're a businessman. Act like one and get your Oilers business in gear, for Christ sakes. Or take this ECHL team to Seattle. I personally couldn't care less. Seems he only bought this team to get a sweetheart deal from the city for his massive real estate plans downtown. He couldn't care less about this team. Well, time to make him think twice about that stance, I say. But not sure if it's possible, and what's been signed. Probably too late. He's hoodwinked us all.

Flame me for it, I also don't care. Anyone putting up excuses for this team anymore is just extremely sad, so it would mean nothing to me.

I don't think anybody is putting up excuses, it's just a matter of who they're dismissing as 'innocent', and that's a complicated question because we aren't privileged to everyone's specific duties and influences on the state of the organization. But, I think things have gotten so bad that cleaning house is justified, or at the very least any position 'above' the players is a top priority and then minor shifts in the lineup at this point are acceptable. This isn't the time of year to make big moves, wait till the summer.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I had a root canal today that was more enjoyable than watching this team play hockey. Cost me $1130 and I'm questioning whether or not to spend $50 a month on cable to watch this ****ing mess. Thanks a lot Oilers.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Does 630 CHED replay their stuff during the late hours? I never listen...
Anything on CHED can be heard at your leisure using the audio vault function on the CHED homepage.
Use the player tools to input the date and time of the segment you want to hear.
They used to keep a full month available, now I think its more like ten days.

I heard the Eberle interview. He did sound incredibly defeated. The content was nothing special though.
Just the usual excuses we have heard often enough by now that we can all repeat them in our sleep.

"The game was there for the taking. I'm not sure why we seem to come out with less than the required intensity night after night. Don't know why we can't score the goal we need." And so on.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
16 days since the last Oilers win. I think we know a thing or two about winning, guys

Lowe knows a thing or 2 about tanking , He been practicing for 9 years .

Oilers fan should give up mock drafts and make a mock movie .

Fury-less
staring K Lowe as tank command
Mac T as The Bad Gunner . Always missing the target
Dallas Eakins as the know it all rookie who in over his head but too dumb to know it
:handclap::yo:

Edit : and let not keep our fearless owner out of it .

The Evil German that plans to have a team of all 1sts over all .

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
Was at the game as well. Our defenders is atrocious. We don't stand anyone up and it's a free pass into our zone. *** ferrence and NN. Jesus.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
I truly hope MacT never makes another trade or signing for this organization again. Keep the players that are here, ride out the season, and day 1 after game 82, there should be an announcement that they've decided to go in a new direction and wish Craig MacTavish the best in his future endeavours. Kevin Lowe can subsequently announce something about how he's decided to step away from the game to spend time with family or some other BS to save face. Nicholson hires a new GM who instantly axes the entire current coaching staff and replaces them. Oh, and the current scouting dept. can GTFO as well. Then things can start to move forward.

That is what I wanna do. I will tell ya what. You give them a call and we can be their scouts. I will scout the Quebec league since I live in NS. We can't be worse then this joke. If you want a laugh, go on www.hockeydb.com and look at the Oilers draft record. Don't go back to the Doan year, that would cause massive riots. We don't need another Ferguson on our hands. Go back to the year Gagner was drafted in 07. We had 3 (you heard it 3) 1st round picks. What did we get, garbage. How about 03 in Pouliot. In these cases, both these players played with elite players in Crosby and Kane. I mean cmon, we could have scored on those lines.

What I am getting at is this is beyond pathetic. Call me an arm-chair qb but I watched the 2003 Memorial Cup when London won and Corey Perry was unreal. He was available at #22 in draft, but we went with Pouliot. IN 2007, would Couture, Vorachek, McDonagh, Shattenkirk, Pacioretty, Blum, Subban, Simmonds, etc look better then Gagner, Plante and Nash? I will let you do the math

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
That is what I wanna do. I will tell ya what. You give them a call and we can be their scouts. I will scout the Quebec league since I live in NS. We can't be worse then this joke. If you want a laugh, go on www.hockeydb.com and look at the Oilers draft record. Don't go back to the Doan year, that would cause massive riots. We don't need another Ferguson on our hands. Go back to the year Gagner was drafted in 07. We had 3 (you heard it 3) 1st round picks. What did we get, garbage. How about 03 in Pouliot. In these cases, both these players played with elite players in Crosby and Kane. I mean cmon, we could have scored on those lines.

What I am getting at is this is beyond pathetic. Call me an arm-chair qb but I watched the 2003 Memorial Cup when London won and Corey Perry was unreal. He was available at #22 in draft, but we went with Pouliot. IN 2007, would Couture, Vorachek, McDonagh, Shattenkirk, Pacioretty, Blum, Subban, Simmonds, etc look better then Gagner, Plante and Nash? I will let you do the math

My eyes, they burn! I wish i did not take your suggestion.

Since 1990, They only had a few really good picks in the later rounds that turned out to be good NHL players. Kirk Maltby, Miro Satan, Shawn Horcoff and Mike Comrie. Most of the higher draft picks were total busts except Ryan Smyth, Jason Arnott, Matt Greene, Jarret Stoll, Andrew Cogliano and Jordon Eberle. I did not include the number 1 overall picks for obvious reasons.

That is 24 years of drafting and that is all this organization has to show for it. Not only that but most of those players were dealt before they realized their full potential. So basically the Oilers have always had terrible asset management. I am starting to wonder if Kevin Lowe and Mac T learned everything they know from Glen Sather and upped the suckage to a 10th degree. Glen Sather was horrible at managing this organizations prospects, but at least he knew how to make a trade.

There does not seem to be anything too different with the way this team has drafted and managed their assets for over 20 years now, despite changes in scouts, coaches, managers, presidents and gm's. Does that not scare anyone else? lol. Its like they forgot what decade it is and they are still running the team like its the 80's. I see a lot of small skilled guys that were drafted, and to counter that, a lot of big and slow talentless plugs that contributed nothing. Its either one extreme or another with this team, their scouting is possibly worse then upper management, that is saying a lot.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
My eyes, they burn! I wish i did not take your suggestion.

Since 1990, They only had a few really good picks in the later rounds that turned out to be good NHL players. Kirk Maltby, Miro Satan, Shawn Horcoff and Mike Comrie. Most of the higher draft picks were total busts except Ryan Smyth, Jason Arnott, Matt Greene, Jarret Stoll, Andrew Cogliano and Jordon Eberle. I did not include the number 1 overall picks for obvious reasons.

That is 24 years of drafting and that is all this organization has to show for it. Not only that but most of those players were dealt before they realized their full potential. So basically the Oilers have always had terrible asset management. I am starting to wonder if Kevin Lowe and Mac T learned everything they know from Glen Sather and upped the suckage to a 10th degree. Glen Sather was horrible at managing this organizations prospects, but at least he knew how to make a trade.

There does not seem to be anything too different with the way this team has drafted and managed their assets for over 20 years now, despite changes in scouts, coaches, managers, presidents and gm's. Does that not scare anyone else? lol. Its like they forgot what decade it is and they are still running the team like its the 80's. I see a lot of small skilled guys that were drafted, and to counter that, a lot of big and slow talentless plugs that contributed nothing. Its either one extreme or another with this team, their scouting is possibly worse then upper management, that is saying a lot.

The sad fact is that the Oilers would have been better off firing their entire scouting staff and drafting purely based on one of the scouting services. Which any single poster in this forum could do.

That being said, I'm not sure it's the scouts. If you look at their picks, it seems like the team drafts for specific needs (eg. 2nd round coke machines) and picks the best available player (according to their scouts) that fills that need.

Ogopogo*

I've been an adamant Petry apologist, but he was beyond brutal tonight. If he had stepped up like he can, maybe the Oilers get a few more chances. Nothing but horrible stretch passes, bad pinches, missed assignments all night long.

Petry is garbage but, so is the rest of our defense. You cannot win by icing six third-pair defensemen. MacT needs to stop bringing in crap like Grebeshkov, Belov, Nikitin and Fayne and start getting us some real D. Any trades we make should be to land an actual first-pair NHL-defenseman. Our clown circus is hard to take.

Ogopogo*

Garbutt would just skate away. What reason does he have to engage?

On a play like that, Gazdic should just attack - who cares what Garbutt wants. Pummell him as he turtles, injure him, if you can. What difference does a suspension make - the message is more important.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad