Post-Game Talk: Dallas 3, Edmonton 2 - "I miss losing to the stars in the playoffs"

blobloblaw

Nov 6, 2014
Earth
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 36s36 seconds ago

Coach Eakins calls line change on second Dallas goal "mind-numbing" adds "this league is too close to give other teams chances like that".

Even Eakins is running out of excuses.

At least having five players out there was a good start.

Where's the tweet about the first goal from 70' out or the last goal on the defensive turnover? He must have missed them.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Garbutt turtles then, if Gazdic even catches him. That's just how it is. I mean how often have you actually seen guys go after rats in this league? It's sad but it protects the rats more than the star players.

Yeah, he probably does turtle, but hopefully Gaz can wreck him with a few shots before the refs and everybody else jumps in. Either way, the message is sent, and at least one guy on the team can not be referred to as gutless.

Who would've thought replacing NHLers with AHLers would be a bad thing.

Everybody who doesn't work for the Oilers. :banghead:

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
P R O C E S S E P T I O N

Waaaaoooooottttt!!!!!!

I haven't heard tell of a better new word since.... TOPPE... nope, can't utter it.

Let's stick with P R O C E S S E P T I O N.... consider me smitten, err.. PROCESSEPTED!

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Garbutt turtles then, if Gazdic even catches him. That's just how it is. I mean how often have you actually seen guys go after rats in this league? It's sad but it protects the rats more than the star players.
You do it in the corner where Garbutt has nowhere to run and the ref is going to take a few seconds to get there. If you've played hockey, you know its not that difficult to pick a spot where you can at least get in a few early shots.
Oilers are losing every game anyway so who cares about the extra two minutes or a misconduct for a fourth liner.
AT THE VERY LEAST this team should be able not get pushed around. Its just embarrassing to be so poor at hockey AND be a pack of wimps to boot. fml.

Who would've thought replacing NHLers with AHLers would be a bad thing.
Apparently the guy right above you. :biglaugh:
But yeah, going with Arcobello as one of your three main centers is the kind of move that just reeks of intention to tank.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Yeah, he probably does turtle, but hopefully Gaz can wreck him with a few shots before the refs and everybody else jumps in. Either way, the message is sent, and at least one guy on the team can not be referred to as gutless.

Everybody who doesn't work for the Oilers. :banghead:

I'd edit if I could, but I should also say, if we're going to employ a badass facepuncher, we should oh, I don't know, use him in that role. Gj Oil.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
I disagree. Gagner would put up more points but is a total disaster at everything else. At best it would be a wash.

Its hard to get a read on anyone, everyone seems to be a former shell of themselves.

Arco should be better, and is certainly no huge downgrade from Gagner, he brings more physicality and wins faceoffs. Gagner kept the ice clean.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I mean how often have you actually seen guys go after rats in this league?
Remember when Peckham went after Claude Lemieux?
Man this team could use a little Theo Peckham right now. What a shame he couldn't keep himself in shape.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Man this team could use a little Theo Peckham right now. What a shame he couldn't keep himself in shape.

Uhh... I think you are talking about Theo Peckman... get it right please. :sarcasm:

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.

That is a coach call, Gazdic should have went out and grabbed Benn or Seguin, I guarantee you Garbit would never do that again against the Oilers.

Eakins job is at stake, the win was more important to him than team or players.

That asshat Eakins preaches stick with it and don't panic. What does he do when we get one goal down, he starts mixing lines steady, only to put panic in the players. The guy is an idiot of monstrous proportions.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
this is so embarrassing. Seguin is a beauty, and in hindsight I think I would have drafted him over Hall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad