Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Eriksson/Morrow/Smith/Fraser to BOS for Seguin/Peverley/Button

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I don't know how many of you follow Felix Potvin on Twitter ... but this guy constantly trolls this trade. It's quite funny.

Chemmy ‏@felixpotvin

Loui Eriksson has 14pts. RT @reporterchris: Two more goals for Tyler Seguin this afternoon lift his season total to 17.

Chemmy ‏@felixpotvin

“We made a ‘win now’ trade that shipped away a young good player for an old guy who’s worse.”

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
It actually hurts to see Loui get chirped. Loui come on home, we love you here! lol

edit: 6,000 post! wohoo

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
He always fails to acknowledge though he solid Reilly Smith is. That was one guy that was also tough to see go the other way.

He'll always be one of my favorites I think. Watching him so much in college, it's awesome to see him break out this year.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
He overlooks Smith like everyone did when the trade was made. Smith took all of his frustrating near misses from last season and appears to have figured out how to cash in.

I don't think anyone expected Loui to regress to a third liner.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
I really didn't mind losing Smith at all. I really don't think he would've put it all together here in big D. Glad to see he's doing well in Boston.

Wouldn't take Louie back now either.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Eriksson's missed almost a 3rd of the season as well (mostly from concussions, unfortunately). Not really sure you can entirely blame his struggles on him.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
All against the low lifes of the NHL...so it doesn't count. /boston media&fans

And he doesn't score in most of his games. All his goals are from scoring 2-4 goals in a game. If he wasn't doing that he'd have 0 goals in 82 games. He sucks.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
come on you guys, we all know that a real point per game player literally scores a point in every single game that he plays.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
come on you guys, we all know that a real point per game player literally scores a point in every single game that he plays.

One single point per game. 41g 41a. That is true skill and consistency and if you can't do that get out of the freaking league. :rant:

:sarcasm:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
There is an interesting middle ground. The frustrating part of Guerin's one big season was based on this. He seemed to score all of his goals in 2s and 3s. For a guy who did not generate many assists, that big season meant he went something crazy like 40+ games where he produced nothing.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I bet you people regret trading Smith instead of Chiasson

Nope, not really. :dunno:

Good to see Reilly finally stick on an NHL roster after failing in Dallas, though. Seems to have finally put it all together in Boston....and his run this year gives B's fans at least one reason not to lynch Chiarelli for this trade considering how well Seguin is doing in Big D.

Chiasson's cooled off a bit but I very much look forward to seeing him as a regular in our top-six. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad