Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Eriksson/Morrow/Smith/Fraser to BOS for Seguin/Peverley/Button

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Huge trade in the works. Boston and Dallas close on a deal sending Tyler Seguin to Stars for Loui Eriksson. Other parts involved as well.

Wow ... wow .... wow

Update:

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod

As @DarrenDreger first broke, Bruins/Stars have monster trade involving Seguin, Eriksson & more. Told players are being notified now.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Trade is bigger than Seguin for Eriksson. Draft picks to Boston? Prospects? Working on details.

It's important to note that hip disorders are common among hockey players. Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli estimated that 70 percent of his players have hip issues and that it is "nothing to be alarmed about." Chiarelli insisted Seguin's condition is not serious.

"I'm not going to comment whether it's congenital or not," Chiarelli said. "I don't want to get into details what we think it is or isn't and I don't want any alarm bells going off. Like I said, you can go through our roster and there are probably 12 or 13 guys with something similar or the same thing.
http://espn.go.com/boston/nhl/story/_/id/7161154/sources-boston-bruins-tyler-seguin-predisposed-hip-injury

Last edited by a moderator:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm terrified of this deal getting done because I love Eriksson ... but you got to believe Dallas has the chance to win this big if Seguin comes here, plays center, and becomes a legitimate top line center.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Not straight up ..... says other parts included. That also makes me nervous.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Unreal!

Other pieces involved too.

This is a YOUNG #1 center we need.

Unreal if this happens!

If true ... July 4th will be no longer celebrate the birth of a nation, but now forever known as the re-birth of an organization!!!!

:sarcasm:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
It's a no brainer if you look at the move as a 1st line winger for a 1st line center .... problem is ... is that really what's going on here? What's being added by Dallas?

MetalGodAOD*

Not a fan. It's questionable whether Seguin can play Center at the NHL level. He's pure talent but he has maturing to do. He's like the exact opposite of Loui.

I hope this falls through :(

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
In hindsight, this probably wasn't my smartest purchase.
BOWU0ZsCAAEnpgy.jpg

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Not a fan. It's questionable whether Seguin can play Center at the NHL level. He's pure talent but he has maturing to do. He's like the exact opposite of Loui.

I hope this falls through :(

Let's say that's accurate ... because it's my fear as well.

As far as RW's go ... don't you take the 21 year old with uber talent over the 28 year old?

Even if this turns into a lateral move for Dallas ... it could be good for them.

I just don't know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->