Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Eriksson/Morrow/Smith/Fraser to BOS for Seguin/Peverley/Button

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
No disrespect coming from a Bruins fan. I just hought you guys would get a kick out of this.

ibb8jCs5AUvTxV.gif

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
I always wonder what kind of people they make ESPN Radio for because I don't personally know any. It's those people. There's a reason I don't associate with those kinds of people. :nod:

Personally, if I'm listening to an interview on a radio station of a player...I want the type of interview we heard today. I can go to the Stars website if I wanted just a straight forward interview about only hockey. Actually, I wish the Stars website would do more stuff like the Ticket does in their interviewing ways.

Such uptight people in this world. :shakehead

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Personally, if I'm listening to an interview on a radio station of a player...I want the type of interview we heard today. I can go to the Stars website if I wanted just a straight forward interview about only hockey. Actually, I wish the Stars website would do more stuff like the Ticket does in their interviewing ways.

The way I feel about it is I do sometimes like to see how guys react to the lame-o straight forward interviews. Some you can learn a lot about their personality because they don't give the auto-eject PR nonsense that sounds supremely generic. I go to the Stars official site for that stuff. I go to the Ticket when I want to hear interviews like this one. If NHL.com had a better reporter I'd be all set. Let the Ticket do what they do and the serious journalists do what they do.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site

Yeah. Hockey player interviews tend to be more canned than others. Rarely do the players go beyond the typical politically correct jargon. You can tell that Bob and Dan (and Donovan) do their best to get the guest comfortable and make it more of a natural conversation amongst buddies (to the extent that's allowed on public radio waves). You could tell that Seguin was towing the company line, yet still revealed some of his personal side. Good stuff.

On a bit of a tangent, I couldn't help but notice that one of the first things Seguin mentioned after the trade was that several of the Stars are young and single like him. I blew that statement off at first, but in some other interview/video/article (forget exact source at the moment), someone mentioned that he was the lone single guy amongst a team core of married guys in Boston. This probably helps explain some of his lascivious ways. He'll probably hang out with guys like Benn and Dillon here. Going out with other teammates should let them all keep each other accountable.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I thought the Dora the Explorer joke was really funny. I feel like Seguin had no idea what kind of interview he was going to walk into here so it was just funny having him talk to these guys thinking he'd have a canned hockey interview.

Brand New Stars

If he didn't get any warning about the Ticket guys then that would've been quite the surprise haha.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I thought the Dora the Explorer joke was really funny. I feel like Seguin had no idea what kind of interview he was going to walk into here so it was just funny having him talk to these guys thinking he'd have a canned hockey interview.

Pretty sure a PR guy from the team is in the studio, so if he didn't tell Seguin ahead of time he should be fired.

Primetimey*

Can his parents stop commenting in the media? Holy **** they are annoying.

Boose30

Jun 22, 2010
The Colony
Seguin's Number

Does anyone know what number Seguin is going to be wearing this upcoming season? I think he wore 91 during the press conference but I just wanted to be sure before I put in for a jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad