Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Eriksson/Morrow/Smith/Fraser to BOS for Seguin/Peverley/Button

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Nope, not really. :dunno:

Good to see Reilly finally stick on an NHL roster after failing in Dallas, though. Seems to have finally put it all together in Boston....and his run this year gives B's fans at least one reason not to lynch Chiarelli for this trade considering how well Seguin is doing in Big D.

Chiasson's cooled off a bit but I very much look forward to seeing him as a regular in our top-six. :yo:

Finally stick after failing? Come on he had a rookie season full of scoring chances he didn't capitalize on. I don't consider that to be failing at all. It should have been plenty clear he was going to be a good NHLer in short order.

Chiasson vs Smith will be an interesting thing to follow for me. I like Chiasson more, I think he will likely be a slightly better player, but I thinm it would be fair to argue that Reilly Smith plays more of the style that the Stars are going for than Chiasson does.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I've personally always liked Smith more, I think he will be a better offensive player than Chiasson, but Chiasson will be a better overall player, and in the Stars position of having 3 potential 70+ point players in Seguin, Benn, & Nichushkin already, and losing a guy like Loui, Chiasson fits the Stars better in the long run IMO.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Finally stick after failing? Come on he had a rookie season full of scoring chances he didn't capitalize on. I don't consider that to be failing at all. It should have been plenty clear he was going to be a good NHLer in short order.

Chiasson vs Smith will be an interesting thing to follow for me. I like Chiasson more, I think he will likely be a slightly better player, but I thinm it would be fair to argue that Reilly Smith plays more of the style that the Stars are going for than Chiasson does.

Compared to Chiasson, coming into the league with a rocket up his *** and scoring every game, I barely remember Reilly's stint in Dallas. 3 goals in 37 games last season.

Again I'm happy for him finally taking that next step while getting regular minutes in Boston, and hope he continues doing his thing there. But, like you, I prefer Chiasson and think he'll do just as well if not better with the Stars.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
You have to admit they at least have somewhat of a point on this issue. Exploding for points is nice but a little better consistency would be nicer.

The only consistency I care about is that he plays well, and to this date he has been our best skater more nights than not. Some nights you can have an amazing game and just not get rewarded on the scoresheet. His lack of scoring consistency has obviously been affected by playing on a league worst power play. The Stars aren't going to always have the worst power play in the league over his time here, so this is a "problem" that is going to take care of itself over time.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
The only consistency I care about is that he plays well, and to this date he has been our best skater more nights than not. Some nights you can have an amazing game and just not get rewarded on the scoresheet. His lack of scoring consistency has obviously been affected by playing on a league worst power play. The Stars aren't going to always have the worst power play in the league over his time here, so this is a "problem" that is going to take care of itself over time.

Best skater most nights? I like Seguin a lot and am stoked we've got him on our team for the foreseeable future but Benn has been this team's best player this season (excluding Kari) and it's not even close. They have similar point totals but Benn does bring a lot more to the table.

So I realize it's supposed to be an "us vs them" kind of mentality regarding the generally insufferable Boston sports fan but, it's really starting to cloud the judgment of some here, at least from what I can see. The Boston guy who picked apart Seguin's numbers to prove that he can't hang with the best in the league took it too far, however there is something to be said for getting on the scoreboard against the best teams in the league. This team doesn't have massive firepower and if our big guns aren't putting the puck in the net against the Hawks, Ducks, Kings, etc. then that is a knock on them.

At some point, numbers need to reflect how much you are helping your team win games, and while it's nice to have PPG stats, it is at least somewhat deceiving when you realize that there are games of 4, 4, 5, and 4 points against Winnipeg (twice), Philly, and Calgary. None of those teams are what any reasonable person would call "upper echelon."

I'm not saying to totally discount his numbers this season and I do think he's getting lots of good chances in most of the games he's been scoreless in. But at some point your best guys have to score for you in big games. Same could be said of Benn in some of those games this year but he's been so good in all areas of the game and putting in consistent effort that I can't fault him quite as much.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Not that this should surprise anyone, but Loui's latest concussion appears to be much worse than the original which kept him out 2 weeks. Never good to stack these injuries so close together.

“He hasn’t even come to the rink,” said Claude Julien. “That’s the only thing I can give you right now, which is not a good sign.”

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Lazy, doesn't he know the Bruins way? Just a little brain shake, he should be out on the ice delivering huge hits and exciting fights. :shakehead

Come on, man. After Marc Savard there's not one Bruins fan who'd argue something like that (trying to avoid using the "No true scotsman" fallacy, but it's hard).

Also, most posters on the Bruins board see this trade as something that will probably end up being win-win. Even if Seguin puts up superstar numbers in Dallas there's no guarantee he would have done so in Boston. Not to mention Peverley's huge cap relief, the prospects, etc.

Also, a (friendly) chirp. Dallas were 18th in PP last year, Boston 26th. Now Dallas is 29th and Boston 14th. Whatever happened between these seasons? :sarcasm:
*blatantly disregarding the 2011-12 figures*

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Come on, man. After Marc Savard there's not one Bruins fan who'd argue something like that (trying to avoid using the "No true scotsman" fallacy, but it's hard).

Also, most posters on the Bruins board see this trade as something that will probably end up being win-win. Even if Seguin puts up superstar numbers in Dallas there's no guarantee he would have done so in Boston. Not to mention Peverley's huge cap relief, the prospects, etc.

Also, a (friendly) chirp. Dallas were 18th in PP last year, Boston 26th. Now Dallas is 29th and Boston 14th. Whatever happened between these seasons? :sarcasm:
*blatantly disregarding the 2011-12 figures*

I'm only making fun of a few from your fan base, the people who say "don't poke the bear" and thinks Loui is soft. I think that stuff is hilarious. But not directed at the most off you guys.

But yeah, Seguin is not just a locker room cancer but apparently a Power play murderer. :sarcasm:

And here I was going to take a witty shot at the Bruins but then realized that I cheer for a team that is going to miss the playoffs for the sixth year in a row this year... yeah. :cry:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I'm only making fun of a few from your fan base, the people who say "don't poke the bear" and thinks Loui is soft. I think that stuff is hilarious. But not directed at the most off you guys.

But yeah, Seguin is not just a locker room cancer but apparently a Power play murderer. :sarcasm:

And here I was going to take a witty shot at the Bruins but then realized that I cheer for a team that is going to miss the playoffs for the sixth year in a row this year... yeah. :cry:

I know, I know. There are rotten eggs in all fanbases, the larger they are, the more visible the idiots become, sadly.

We'll see, and even if you don't make the playoffs there'll be plenty of time to judge the trade later (going on about winning it after 32 ½ regular season games and a whooping 0 playoff games is ridiculous). Hoping, and pretty sure, it's going to be win-win. Good luck, guys!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Hey guys just dropping in to ask if any of you ever met Eriksson.

My neighbor is currently roofing his new house somewhere in Mass and I gave him one of my Bruins hats because he said Loui was like the nicest guy he's ever met and he would autograph it for me.

Anyway my neighbor just called and said Loui autographed my hat, gave me one of his t shirts and autographed that too, and a pair of one of his Nike sneakers and autographed that too. He's on his way back from MA to NH now to come drop over and give them to me and I'm so ecstatic.

Just seeing if any of you ever met him in person before and how your experience was. Thanks.

tjcurrie

Aug 4, 2010
Gibbons, Alberta
Hey guys just dropping in to ask if any of you ever met Eriksson.

My neighbor is currently roofing his new house somewhere in Mass and I gave him one of my Bruins hats because he said Loui was like the nicest guy he's ever met and he would autograph it for me.

Anyway my neighbor just called and said Loui autographed my hat, gave me one of his t shirts and autographed that too, and a pair of one of his Nike sneakers and autographed that too. He's on his way back from MA to NH now to come drop over and give them to me and I'm so ecstatic.

Just seeing if any of you ever met him in person before and how your experience was. Thanks.

Couple times up here in Edmonton. He signed any time I was there to get him. Didnt say anything though.

When I was in Dallas for the last two games last season he was at the bar afterwards too. Didn't talk to him there but just going by his mannerisms and what I already kinda gathered he's a quiet guy. Nice though. Doesnt seem like your typical potty mouth rough around the edges hockey player or anything at all.

Brand New Stars

He never skipped out signing at Stars practice. Seemed very quiet but nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad