Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Eriksson/Morrow/Smith/Fraser to BOS for Seguin/Peverley/Button

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
Retiring should be super reserved.
Like a once in a generation type affair.
Honoring is a bit weird, IMO.
I guess its just a formal way of doing it; i'd hope you could do enough outside of the ceremony/honoring to make it known without those things.
Besides, when a player wears some super historic number and does some dumb **** and kills someone while drunk driving or something, it would be really weird.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Retiring should be super reserved.
Like a once in a generation type affair.
Honoring is a bit weird, IMO.
I guess its just a formal way of doing it; i'd hope you could do enough outside of the ceremony/honoring to make it known without those things.
Besides, when a player wears some super historic number and does some dumb **** and kills someone while drunk driving or something, it would be really weird.
I've been a huge fan of what the Blues do. They have two categories for honoring players. They do retire some select few numbers. They also honor fan favorites with a banner without retiring those numbers.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Maybe it's because of the way it appeared Morrow mailed it in for the last few years but I was nothing but happy to see the page turned and a respected veteran player wearing #10. I would probably feel a little different if it were some rookie or something but generally my feeling is that either a player's number is worthy of being retired or nothing special is needed.

That said, we know when Modano's number is going to be retired, anybody know when Lehts and Zubov will be honored in such fashion? I will be supremely pissed if I see #56 used again in Dallas.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I would give #9 to a kicker for the cowboys tomorrow.
romo-sad.jpg

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Maybe it's because of the way it appeared Morrow mailed it in for the last few years but I was nothing but happy to see the page turned and a respected veteran player wearing #10. I would probably feel a little different if it were some rookie or something but generally my feeling is that either a player's number is worthy of being retired or nothing special is needed.

That said, we know when Modano's number is going to be retired, anybody know when Lehts and Zubov will be honored in such fashion? I will be supremely pissed if I see #56 used again in Dallas.

Yep.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
For one year? I wouldnt mind it, even though Ive never really liked him.

What about Sydor's #5 then? They handed that out super fast.

Or Hatcher's #2. Willie Mitchell picked that up relatively fast following Derian's departure.

Do we not hand out #6 whenever Daley leaves as well?

I mean the most insulting of all was when Souray took Woywitka's #44 the year after he leave. :shakehead:shakehead

joelnmich

Jan 2, 2007
I was beside myself with grief when Daley got the #6 so quickly after Big Game Dan Keczmer left.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Agreed, 43 is pretty bad. Dislike 37 as well.

I don't like any ending in 3 except 33(double #'s always look good, 22,33, 44, 88).

Anything in the 60's looks bad.

My fave has always been 12. I was a quarterback and that's the perfect QB number.

Pretty much every number ending in 1 looks good(so 91 is good).

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
What about Sydor's #5 then? They handed that out super fast.

Or Hatcher's #2. Willie Mitchell picked that up relatively fast following Derian's departure.

Do we not hand out #6 whenever Daley leaves as well?

I mean the most insulting of all was when Souray took Woywitka's #44 the year after he leave. :shakehead:shakehead
Like I said if a guy has played with the team for a decade I think a 1 year break from using the number is appropriate. Hatcher met that, Sydor did not, Daley is nearing it and I actually thought Robidas had but it just feels like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad