Confirmed with Link: [DAL/NYR] Zuccarello (30% retained) for 2019 2nd (Cond 1st*,) & 2020 3rd (Cond 1st**)

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Is that 50% condition for just playoff games or all games post-trade?

Artemia

Mar 2, 2011
Zucc is an idiot. Is this the 3rd or 4th time hes broken his hand/arm/wrist now blocking shots? He even broke it in AHL getting it stuck in the plexiglass or whatever.

Not to mention standing in front of the net getting himself almost killed. You dont f***ing do that when youre barely above 5 feet tall and every normal shot will come at your head height.

Its just plain stupid and it seems he will never learn.

Reactions: will1066

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Confirmed broken arm. Yikes.
Honestly, this is the 1st time EVER in my life that something like this happened this way. Ordinarily, my team ACQUIRES a player and shortly afterwards, is injured. Really sucks.
Feel badly for Dallas, they made a nice move to get him, but right now, it HURTS in more ways than one.
Maybe if they didn't "cheap out, knowingly there was a very small chance to have to relinquish either 1st................maybe this Karma wouldn't have happened.
In other words.....if they paid for what they GOT, maybe it wouldn't have turned out this way. They tried to get over, around the system. Now, i really hope they win 2 rounds, and have to ......cough, cough up a 1st. Then, I hope they follow through and keep him.......but at that point, I doubt it. They won't want to be crucified by the press for giving up 2 (two) #1's for "only" a Zuccharello. Lol.
Many would say.......why not NOT gamble, and just give up those picks for someone like Stone, Duchene etc. This deal was a 2 way gamble.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
It hurts really badly. They're in a dogfight for a playoff spot. Small sample size, but Zucc was instantaneously helping them. Now they gotta get in without his services. And after that long absence, who knows how effective he will be in Round 1. That's if Dallas even makes it in.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Not sure if this has been mentioned here.

Rick Carpiniello wrote this on Sunday night after the Capitals game. It was in his game recap blog.

I honestly don’t know what Dallas is doing, but it’s just a bit of a stretch to think the Stars are renting to make a Cup run. But the Rangers think the Stars will make a run at re-signing Zuccarello, with no Texas state income tax. On Sunday in Chicago, Zuccarello said he hadn’t even considered anything beyond this playoff run with the Stars.

Henrik Lundqvist, long the guardian of the gate for the...

The Rangers know Zuccarello's market better than anyone. They know which teams really like Zuccarello. Jeff Gorton spent a full calendar year trying to trade players off his roster. He knows which team likes which player.

Dallas is at the top of the list.

The Stars winning two playoff runs is a long shot. Maybe you can see them playing well and losing in a six or seven game series or maybe winning one round.

The Stars re-signing Zuccarello and the Rangers getting a 1st in 2020 is more realistic than the Stars winning two playoff rounds this season.

Double edged sword. Zuccarello getting hurt doesn't give him enough time to make an impression on the Stars but it also hurts his marketability for other teams. The Stars are big Zuccarello fans already.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Not sure if this has been mentioned here.

Rick Carpiniello wrote this on Sunday night after the Capitals game. It was in his game recap blog.

Henrik Lundqvist, long the guardian of the gate for the...

The Rangers know Zuccarello's market better than anyone. They know which teams really like Zuccarello. Jeff Gorton spent a full calendar year trying to trade players off his roster. He knows which team likes which player.

Dallas is at the top of the list.

The Stars winning two playoff runs is a long shot. Maybe you can see them playing well and losing in a six or seven game series or maybe winning one round.

The Stars re-signing Zuccarello and the Rangers getting a 1st in 2020 is more realistic than the Stars winning two playoff rounds this season.

Double edged sword. Zuccarello getting hurt doesn't give him enough time to make an impression on the Stars but it also hurts his marketability for other teams. The Stars are big Zuccarello fans already.
Pretty much what I’ve been thinking since the trade went down. The Stars are not rebuilding. The other item I had to enlighten a few non-Ranger fans about was that Zuccarello was one of the top-selling jerseys in the league. Don’t think that goes unnoticed by the ownership in Dallas.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Pretty much what I’ve been thinking since the trade went down. The Stars are not rebuilding. The other item I had to enlighten a few non-Ranger fans about was that Zuccarello was one of the top-selling jerseys in the league. Don’t think that goes unnoticed by the ownership in Dallas.
I think people who think he has no shot at resigning don’t realize that while they aren’t really contenders, they certainly aren’t looking at their short term future through the same lens that the Rangers are

Reactions: TheGortonConspiracy

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I think people who think he has no shot at resigning don’t realize that while they aren’t really contenders, they certainly aren’t looking at their short term future through the same lens that the Rangers are

Exactly. Dallas isn’t rebuilding. They have big money tied up in Benn, Radulov, Seguin and Bishop. Paying a 1st for a player like Zuccarello for the next four years, when playoff revenue is needed to pay for the big salaries is not a big outlay.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Because the Rangers rarely develop their own first line talent, I think the fanbase tends to overrate the ones they do. Zucc was a good Ranger but is another Staal/Girardi contract waiting to happen. It was the right time to move on, and they got market value for him at the deadline. The assets plus the cap flexibility are more important for the future of the team in my opinion.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
Zucc is an idiot. Is this the 3rd or 4th time hes broken his hand/arm/wrist now blocking shots? He even broke it in AHL getting it stuck in the plexiglass or whatever.

Not to mention standing in front of the net getting himself almost killed. You dont ****ing do that when youre barely above 5 feet tall and every normal shot will come at your head height.

Its just plain stupid and it seems he will never learn.
This has to be the silliest thing I’ve ever seen just because he is short he shouldn’t do it that’s like telling somebody who is dyslexic don’t bother learning to read because it won’t help you in the long run

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Exactly. Dallas isn’t rebuilding. They have big money tied up in Benn, Radulov, Seguin and Bishop. Paying a 1st for a player like Zuccarello for the next four years, when playoff revenue is needed to pay for the big salaries is not a big outlay.

I would imagine they will be looking to off-load some money this off-season (Hanzal, Nichuskin) so they can add another forward. Io think they really want Zuccarello to stick around but they will need another couple of forwards. Spezza is leaving so that will save some money but they need to re-allocate some funds properly.

I could see them being interested in a guy like Nyquist when he reaches UFA and signing Zuccarello to provide secondary scoring.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I would imagine they will be looking to off-load some money this off-season (Hanzal, Nichuskin) so they can add another forward. Io think they really want Zuccarello to stick around but they will need another couple of forwards. Spezza is leaving so that will save some money but they need to re-allocate some funds properly.

I could see them being interested in a guy like Nyquist when he reaches UFA and signing Zuccarello to provide secondary scoring.

Or perhaps Brassard to fill in the 2nd line center role.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Or perhaps Brassard to fill in the 2nd line center role.

That would be a good move for them on a 1-2 year 'show me' deal. Especially if they can re-sign Zuccarello. If I were Jim Nill, I'd look to sign all 3 guys and look to off-load Hanzal and Nichuskin's salaries which would create ~$7m in cap space between them.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
What is the saying, better a bird in the hand then ten in the sky?

If Zucc does well in Dallas, I think they will keep him. I loved what I saw during the brief time he played. Everyone was so excited to have him on the team, there are plenty of Swedes in Dallas, they liked Zucc. Rads and Zucc and Seguin obviously liked each other. Looked like they were having fun.

Reactions: jas

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
And that 1st from Dallas in 2020 -- if Zucc resigns -- could be nothing, but it could also be huge. I think a vet team might do some danger once in a while, but mostly it will struggle a lot. Like just look at Los Angeles. I think Zucc is a real loyal type. Toss him a cowboy hat and he will ask where he can sign taking a discount.

LA signed Kovalchuk this summer to contend, they have the 2nd worst record in the league. Kova, Kopitar, Doughty and co. Man vet players. Anaheim has the 4th worst record. Getzlaf, Perry, Kesler and co, many good Ds and so forth. Chicago is somewhat vet heavy.

Most likely Dallas is next year at about the same spot they are this year. But if shit hits the fan and they start to struggle, odds are not that we would get the 15th pick, then I think we just as well could get a top 5.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I think Gorton is a guy who has no scruples. If Dallas resigns Zucc I think he will have Dolan hire a busload of p***y trappers and send them to Dallas to break up some marriages. Half-way into next season every marriage in that locker-room will probably have a case number at the court house. Zucc is probably the type who would carry someone else's suitcase across customs, would anyone be surprised if Zucc is stuck in some prison in Thailand or whatever facing smuggling charges before the summer ends? Would anyone be surprised if Khudobin mid season cries out in the press for it being so hard to focus when Chechen guerilla have kidnapped every relative you have back home without even asking for a ransom?

Maybe I am exaggerating a little bit, but I just think that Gorton comes across as someone you rather have on your side than on the opposite side if you get what I mean. What do you guys think?

Reactions: Placid and Kendo

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I think Gorton is a guy who has no scruples. If Dallas resigns Zucc I think he will have Dolan hire a busload of ***** trappers and send them to Dallas to break up some marriages. Half-way into next season every marriage in that locker-room will probably have a case number at the court house. Zucc is probably the type who would carry someone else's suitcase across customs, would anyone be surprised if Zucc is stuck in some prison in Thailand or whatever facing smuggling charges before the summer ends? Would anyone be surprised if Khudobin mid season cries out in the press for it being so hard to focus when Chechen guerilla have kidnapped every relative you have back home without even asking for a ransom?

Maybe I am exaggerating a little bit, but I just think that Gorton comes across as someone you rather have on your side than on the opposite side if you get what I mean. What do you guys think?

Ola, if nothing else, you are entertaining.

Reactions: Ola and Sarge13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad