Confirmed with Link: [DAL/NYR] Zuccarello (30% retained) for 2019 2nd (Cond 1st*,) & 2020 3rd (Cond 1st**)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
In my ideal world, the Rangers and Zucc would have come to an agreement to return to New York in July -- Zucc being sold on the idea that a playoff run for him elsewhere is good for him and good for the organization. I'm not sure why things went so south, but I'm left feeling that Zucc is being soft here. He's not entitled to the Lundqvist treatment.

If Hank didn't have an NMC, would he still be here? Few, if any, teams would take him at 8.5, but I think there would be several who would be interested at 50%.

Would Gorton have already traded Hank if he didn't require Hank's permission?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If Hank didn't have an NMC, would he still be here? Few, if any, teams would take him at 8.5, but I think there would be several who would be interested at 50%.

Yes.

There’s a reason he was given an out last year. His usage this year (particularly of late) more or less confirms that they’re moving forward with their plan with out assuming that he will be a part of the long term solution/ trying to win one for him.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

I think he would've traded if he has Hank's permission.

I don't think he would've traded him even if he didn't need it. My gut tells me if Hank said no, Gorton wouldn't go against that.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Is this really a big deal? It was obvious for the better part of a year that Zucc wasn't in the long term plans.

Being pushed aside and made to feel unimportant is a pretty big deal for anyone that has given as much as Zucc did for the club. He obviously felt this way. In fact, in any work related or social setting, where you are not included for no apparent reason, that is going to sting, a lot.

And honestly I cant blame him, it's plain weird that he wasnt invited.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
The Norwegian reporter who is close to Zuccarello wrote Zuccarello is annoyed at the Rangers because he wasn’t invited to Sweden to meet with Quinn. If you listened to him talk to MSG when the Rangers were in Dallas, he has moved on from the Rangers.

Webster mentioned this too. Maybe the writer is Webster.

wasn't this Sweden snuff stuff resolved ages ago? Quinn says in an on-camera interview that he made a mistake because his geography is so bad he didn't realize they were so close to each other. Granted, I think anyone on the staff could have helped correct this oversight and Zucc could have been bitter for longer than one might think but he's a professional and I bet if you asked him about (as I'm sure there are follow up interviews asking this precise question) he'd laugh at the idea.

I agree that the Rangers were set to trade him from the beginning. Zuccs been taking discounts his whole career and I hope he can finally go get himself a decent contract. With Dallas.

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
Norwegians (except this reporter obviously) are pretty used to Americans not knowing the geography of Scandinavia. Having heard of Oslo and knowing that it is not a part of Sweden is usually enough to impress us. With that in mind, I have a hard time believing Mats was too upset about this.

On the other hand: Look at the f***ing map, Dave. It's not hard :laugh:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
wasn't this Sweden snuff stuff resolved ages ago? Quinn says in an on-camera interview that he made a mistake because his geography is so bad he didn't realize they were so close to each other. Granted, I think anyone on the staff could have helped correct this oversight and Zucc could have been bitter for longer than one might think but he's a professional and I bet if you asked him about (as I'm sure there are follow up interviews asking this precise question) he'd laugh at the idea.

I agree that the Rangers were set to trade him from the beginning. Zuccs been taking discounts his whole career and I hope he can finally go get himself a decent contract. With Dallas.

While it's relatively close, it't not as if you can drive from Stockholm to Oslo in a few hours. I think the geography challenge works both ways. Some people don't realize it's close, others assume it's so close you can just drive over.

Either way, I don't think this was ever an issue. Quinn visited Lundqvist who is the most important player on the team, unlike Zuccarello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad