Confirmed with Link: [DAL/NYR] Mats Zuccarello (30% Retained) for 2 Conditional Picks

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Nill better be lying.

Hopefully like when he acquired Seguin and said he liked the center depth and then a few hours later acquired Horcoff because he didn't like the center depth.

anofsti

May 14, 2011
You guys need to take good care of our sweet hobbit prince. He's a great guy and there are a lot of people with tears in their eyes today, even though everyone is reconciled with it happening. Hope you'll learn to love him as much as we do - and that he'll help you win the Stanley Cup (I know, I know - can still hope right?)
20100718_211144_Mats_Zuccarello-Aasen_0.jpg

Reactions: Kcb12345

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
The trade for a rental Zucc isn't bad, but ... the Stars still don't have a second line center.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
That's honestly ridiculous. Why would he even come out and say that? A day and a half until the deadline and you are done already despite not even adding a legitimate goal scorer yet?

I mean he goes from saying he's open to anything and looking to add to our forward group to acquiring 1 guy and thinking that has fixed everything

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Nill better be lying.

Hopefully like when he acquired Seguin and said he liked the center depth and then a few hours later acquired Horcoff because he didn't like the center depth.

When they say they're done at the deadline, they're done.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I guess it's better than not adding anything. We'll have to see just how much of an impact Zuccarello has.

I think the cap is becoming prohibitive now as well.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So what Honka is gonna stick around as well? Really hope he changes his mind on this...maybe a loss tomorrow will do the trick?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Who would Zucc play with v Chicago tomorrow, out of curiosity?

We'll probably have to wait to see the line rushes in warm-ups (I don't think there will be a morning skate for a 3PM game).

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
To not try to at least listen the last two days is foolish. There are still upgrades there and I could see a few change of scenery ideas, like Honka. Hoping that was a misquote and he meant “happy for now” or “nothing imminent.”

Zuccarello wasn’t my first choice, but he plays with heart and puts up a lot of points. If he can get the Stars even one goal more a game on average, they’ll be tougher.

I’m not sure what to make of the return. It’s probably a reasonable price, but Nill has put a lot of picks out there for a shot this year.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
You guys got a tremendous player. Rooting for you guys to do serious damage. Just wait until the playoffs you will love him

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
You guys got a tremendous player. Rooting for you guys to do serious damage. Just wait until the playoffs you will love him

If we make it :/ Nill is done now and idk if this team is good enough to get in

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
who do you think he will play with?

Not entirely sure really to be honest.

Either:
Hintz-Seguin-Zuccarello
Benn-Spezza/Faksa-Radulov

Or

Hintz-Seguin-Radulov
Benn-Faksa/Spezza-Zuccarello

We badly need a 2C. Wish we could get Brassard and play Zucc with him but Nill is apparently done so I guess that's not happening at all

Reactions: bl02

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
I LOVE this trade by Nill! I always wanted Zuccarello on Dallas. I don’t mind the cost. Hopefully Nill’s not done. I know what he said, but Honka has no spot. He has to be traded. I’d like to get Jeff Carter also. We’ll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad