Confirmed with Link: [DAL/NYR] Mats Zuccarello (30% Retained) for 2 Conditional Picks

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Guys ... the conditional 3rd goes off the books on July 1st. It's not a big deal. They weren't going to trade that 2020 pick anyway probably before then. Sucks this year's 1st is tied up though, but I get it.

NFKappaB

Mo Money Mo Problems
Jun 29, 2011
Nova Scotia
This is a bad hockey trade,

Best case scenario, we win the cup with Zuc and give up a 1st round pick in 2020 and a 3rd round when he doesnt resign

Semi-realistic scenario, we advance to conference finals and give up a 1st round pick in 2020, lose and Zuc doesnt re sign. Giving up 1st and 3rd round picks

Most realistic scenario, we don't make the playoffs or we make the playoffs but dont win two rounds. We give up 2nd and 3rd round picks when Zuc doesnt re sign.....for playing 20 odd games for us

What am I missing here? How is this a good trade?

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013

Best case scenario, we win the cup with Zuc and give up a 1st round pick in 2020 and a 3rd round when he doesnt resign

Semi-realistic scenario, we advance to conference finals and give up a 1st round pick in 2020, lose and Zuc doesnt re sign. Giving up 1st and 3rd round picks

Most realistic scenario, we don't make the playoffs or we make the playoffs but dont win two rounds. We give up 2nd and 3rd round picks when Zuc doesnt re sign.....for playing 20 odd games for us

No it’s not.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I would assume that will be his last move since the 1sts are gone. Only way to get anyone else would be giving up a roster player (Hintz, Janmark) and a solid prospect. There would have to be term on the player coming back I hope.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Ok nvm deal good again. Lmfaoooo

Poor Rags

Salary retention doesn't mean shit to the Rangers. They're out of it. They don't care.

Coming in peace - you all are going to love Zooks. He can do it all - PP, PK, two way forward that's played with non elite (until Zibanejad took a step forward this year) centers his entire career. Great teammate, brings it every game, and is feisty as hell even though he's 5' 7"

Enjoy it. I know you will. Good luck. Make the WCF's. ;)

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

It's a risk yes because it's very possible the Stars don't even make the playoffs. But Jim in trying to at least get in and AND save his job at the same time.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I would assume that will be his last move since the 1sts are gone. Only way to get anyone else would be giving up a roster player (Hintz, Janmark) and a solid prospect. There would have to be term on the player coming back I hope.

They just got a good playmaker in Zucc. Do they go out and bring Carter in now?

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Making the conference finals is worth the cost considering the post season history around here.

Reactions: Nemeth and Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Nill's interview on this trade will be very interesting...will he say he's happy with where we are at or is he not done yet?

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
With the salary retention on zuccarello I wonder if stars could take all of carters contract or a majority of it and lower the asking price for Carter

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I thought i may have read somewhere that if we sign Zuc after July 1st, it stays a 3rd.

Am i wrong?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad