Dahlin or Heiskanen

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Ok.... now I’m starting to think you need to relax. His post still had “***** “, as it did in every other post. I don’t live and breathe these boards, so I wasn’t going to go back and quote every post. Just chill dude

Also, I’m not sure what “needle him” means
K chill out there kiddo. Now you're getting all upset with me for no reason.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Heiskanen had 5 takeaways in last game? I have not sen him playing, but is he really that good defensively? Maybe I should watch a game or two of him playing..

Unless you're someone extremely talented and quick like a MacKinnon or McDavid, he is gonna take the puck away from you if you challenge him 1 on 1 just about every time (Sharks tried this a lot). His stick checking is at an elite level. He also had to cover up for Honka's turnovers a lot and had at least 1 takeaway doing that lol

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Stars have drafted well. Klingberg, Lindell, Heiskanen. I 'member when Wild got Brodin... Heck of a young, but matured defenseman when he came. Dumba's grown too. So we're fine.

But Stars look f***ing great too in the near future.

Nashville, damn. Puck moving, agile and physical.

Buffalo's not too shabby either. Took our Marco, had Risto (almost 2nd coming of Pitkänen before this season), then had this Swede. They play in the different conference, so won't watch, won't care if not in the finals together. But Sabres went from laughing stock to a real hockey team, even single Eichel couldn't do that.

In the end, Dahlin vs Miro doesn't matter. It's the quality of the whole blueline. I love modern hockey as much I loved Nate Prosser, the workhorse. But it's different now.

It's better.

Last edited:

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
There are bias posters, some, but would be stupid to make everyone like one.

Nobody should use AINEC on this thread any way.

This is random and I'm not picking on you but I've seen this twice in this thread and it's something I've noticed a lot online the last year or two- People using the word "bias" to indicate someone showing bias instead of "biased." When and why did this change?

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Heiskanen is great and all, but he's not this guy.

Nope, he's not. He's Miro Heiskanen.

Both players are showing some insane potential and making their respective teams' fanbases pretty giddy.

Why not leave it at that? Maybe in ten years we can revisit the debate and see who turned out superior but right now I'd say they're equally awesome.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Heiskanen is very good but Dahlin true elite. The same diff as between Timonen and Lidström

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
That's why I was saying theyve improved a lot in all areas lol. I was saying the Stars are not as good as he thinks and have not been good in a long time.
yeah because heiskanen is bad cause he can't get his team in the playoffs like dahlin thanks for proving my point

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
yeah because heiskanen is bad cause he can't get his team in the playoffs like dahlin thanks for proving my point
So far from Dahlin supporters its been. If Dallas is winning => Lol Heiskanen is playing with established vets who know how to win. If Dallas is losing => lol Heiskanen cant carry his team to the playoffs. Its like some are actively trying to find a reason to diminish him at this point.

They are on the same tier... Like it or not but Heiskanen is similarly talented to Dahlin and unsurprisingly this is a great thing for hockey in general. They will be side by side their entire career and for most of the time it will be 100% reasonable to say you prefer one over the other. Anyone who says AINEC in this thread has not watched both play.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
As y'all know, I hate 'em soft euro fellas. If it was up to me, there would be nothing but good ol' canadian kids in the NHL. But Miro and Rammus are looking solid so far. Can't go wrong with either one.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Heiskanen is very good but Dahlin true elite. The same diff as between Timonen and Lidström

Stylistically, Heiskanen is more similar to Lidstrom. Dahlin skillset compares more to someone like Orr. Of course, both players have a ways to go before they are impacting the game at that level.

That comparison also reflects the idea that despite Heiskanen's ceiling being absurdly high, Dahlin may yet find a way to surpass him.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
Still you gotta admit Dahlin is better than Heiskanen and the gap between 18 and 19 is like a decade when it comes to maturity and NHL abilities for defensemen. Don't get me wrong Heiskanen is dope I'd totally do a typical hf quantity for quality proposal of Burakovsky/Bowey/Djoos/Stephenson/Samsonov/2nd rounder in 2020 for him but don't compare him to Dahlin, you're just asking for it like the Leafs fans comparing Matthews to McDavid.
Not so far this season.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
I love Heiskanen. I think he's absolutely amazing. But Dahlin is from another planet and I think it will become even more evident with time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad