Dahlin or Heiskanen

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
The funny part is using Ekblad as some type of excuse when he's actually a pretty good top pairing D-Man but he certainly wasn't propped up as nearly as Dahlin so I don't really get the comparables and they play almost entirely different.

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
The funny part is using Ekblad as some type of excuse when he's actually a pretty good top pairing D-Man but he certainly wasn't propped up as nearly as Dahlin so I don't really get the comparables and they play almost entirely different.
Agreed. Ekblad hasn't been shattering records or anything but was a solid defenseman out of the gate, he was more of a finished product though, and more physically mature.

krt88nc

Oct 7, 2017
Fayetteville, NC
Dalhin is now 3rd in the NHL in rookie scoring, with 19 points (3-16). He keeps getting better as the games flip by. However, I don't think either teams are unhappy.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Ekblad was probably better in his rookie season. Just good all around.

Nah. Ekblad was a physically mature man-child, but he was sheltered and more or less carried by Campbell in his rookie season. He never had Dahlin's puck skill or hockey IQ.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Did anyone get a chance to see the defnesive play heiskanen made with about 1 min to play in overtime?

Caught up 5 or so strides to stop a breakway, made an around the body poke check without conceding a penalty, stopped the chance and allowed the stars to turn the puck over to evetually get the game winning goal.

Sublime defensive play by a rookie. No assist or anything on the scoresheet...but a play to me that shows this debate between the two rookie defenseman is great one.

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
Did anyone get a chance to see the defnesive play heiskanen made with about 1 min to play in overtime?

Caught up 5 or so strides to stop a breakway, made an around the body poke check without conceding a penalty, stopped the chance and allowed the stars to turn the puck over to evetually get the game winning goal.

Sublime defensive play by a rookie. No assist or anything on the scoresheet...but a play to me that shows this debate between the two rookie defenseman is great one.

isthatso

Jan 20, 2017
I'm sure it has been said before, but both are extremely fun to watch.

I caught almost every Buffalo and Dallas games this year - two teams that I did not follow that much before - because there is something more important than comparing them.

That is to enjoy both of them whenever they play, as much as I can.

I could not care less about "who is better or who will be better". I simply enjoy watching them both. Just as much as any other young up-and-coming talents in the league.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
You realize this is a thread about both Dahlin and Heiskanen right?

Yes, but every dahlin thread has so many Dallas posters proclaiming heis is better then dahlin. I don’t see Sabres fans doing that. It’s getting old. They’re both great, happy we have finally stabilized our d somewhat.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Yes, but every dahlin thread has so many Dallas posters proclaiming heis is better then dahlin. I don’t see Sabres fans doing that. It’s getting old. They’re both great, happy we have finally stabilized our d somewhat.

Most Heiskanen fans on HF are finnish fans since there are not many Stars fans here after the exodus. Therefore I doubt there is many stars fans in those threads. Unless something like three fans are "many" now. I find it far more likely those are finnish fanboys or that you are exaggerating. My impression from reading Dahlin threads is the former but I haven't followed them super closely.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
When it comes to comparing dmen, playing like Dahlin has at age 18 is literally something that has been done twice in the history of the league. Comparing the two this year is not even a fair comparison since Heiskanen is a year older and a year further in development. Compare them fully next year when Dahlin will be 19.

Put it this way, less then halfway through the season and Dahlin is already in the top 10 in league history for D scoring at age 18. He is getting more and more ice time and has picked up his scoring.

I predict if healthy Dahlin will finish with 45 points, around a +10, 21:30-22 atoi along with his positive possession #s.

With Eichel on board there is not a single player I would trade Dahlin for.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014

You just came out of the blue and started complaining about this in a thread about the 2 of them. I think the problem here might be you. Besides the stars fans jumping into Dahlin threads to say Heiskanen is better are few and far between because 1. There are very very few stars fans on this site since the purge and 2. Most Stars fans see the 2 as on the same tier

Reactions: TrillMike

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
. There are very very few stars fans on this site since the purge and 2. Most Stars fans see the 2 as on the same tier
100% accurate. Stars GDTs were some of best on HF. There were probably 20 very active posters and moderators. Since the purge of HF Stars, those posters mostly lurk the main boards or post on other sites.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Man I thought this had finally died off :laugh:

I suppose it may never. I saw Dahlin had a nice goal the other night and Heiskanen some amazing defensive plays. Both are playing at an outstanding level

Man if the Sabres and Stars go to OT in a game this season...Dahlin vs Heiskanen in 3 on 3...

Unfortunately that guy Eichel is pretty good too tho so I'd prefer it to end in regulation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad