Dahlin or Heiskanen

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
..No. People who haven't seen both players a good chunk might think Finns are just being homers.

Or from people who’ve noticed all the Finns are great hockey players threads lately, we realize that Finns ARE being homers. It’s ok, you have a right to some pride, but don’t deny the homerism.

They’re both excellent, young players with a lot of upside. It’s good for the league.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
So you are basing you choice of how his coach is deploying him? You say all this as if Dahlin couldn't handle all that.
And how he is producing because of how his coach is using him. So are we going to fault a player who succeeds based off the different scenarios his coach uses him in?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Or from people who’ve noticed all the Finns are great hockey players threads lately, we realize that Finns ARE being homers. It’s ok, you have a right to some pride, but don’t deny the homerism.

They’re both excellent, young players with a lot of upside. It’s good for the league.

There are bias posters, some, but would be stupid to make everyone like one.

Nobody should use AINEC on this thread any way.

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Honest M

May 11, 2012
This guy, but Heiskanen isn't that far behind.

That is ridiculous :DD, and to make plays like that with that confidence at 18, lol Special talent and fun to watch. Heiskanen looks like a great talent and will do good but Dahlin level, no, not close.

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I think they're quite close right now. Dahlin is 9 months younger so I would say he is more likely to be the better player in the long run, but who knows? Anyway, feel free to trade either of them to Vancouver. We'll give you Olli Juolevi in return. Oh, what the heck, we'll be nice and add our second round draft pick (for the next 7 years).

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Flip a coin. Who the hell knows who is going to be better? They are both brilliant already at such a young age, and both are built for the modern game.

Speaking as a biased Sabres fan, it still feels surreal that we have Dahlin. Winning that lottery changed everything for us.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
This guy, but Heiskanen isn't that far behind.

Its funny how pro Dahlin people share these types of clips and bolster how good he is.
How does this clip make Dahlin special??? BTW. Heiskanen wins the skating battle 5 by 5.

Why not share some great goal highlights,share some great passes that directly led to goals
share some great o-zone brilliance, how about some d-zone plays that actually mattered
oh wait....you can't, because those clips/highlights do not exist. #plural

Dahlin looks great, Heiskanen is great.
<at the moment>

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Flip a coin. Who the hell knows who is going to be better? They are both brilliant already at such a young age, and both are built for the modern game.

Speaking as a biased Sabres fan, it still feels surreal that we have Dahlin. Winning that lottery changed everything for us.
There isn't anyone else I'd rather have besides Heiskanen on defense.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Sounds fair

Nothing in the post you quoted seems angry at all.

If it appears to you that he is mad based on that very innocuous post then that is a reflection of the very high likelihood that you need to relax.
Lmao .... there was a series of posts by that guy that made me feel he was getting a little worked up. I’m not worked up though, sorry you misunderstood

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Its funny how pro Dahlin people share these types of clips and bolster how good he is.
How does this clip make Dahlin special??? BTW. Heiskanen wins the skating battle 5 by 5.

Why not share some great goal highlights,share some great passes that directly led to goals
share some great o-zone brilliance, how about some d-zone plays that actually mattered
oh wait....you can't, because those clips/highlights do not exist. #plural

Dahlin looks great, Heiskanen is great.
<at the moment>

Straight line skating, yes. Other than that, no.

tomi2

Mar 1, 2007
Heiskanen for me. I'm not surprised to be in the minority.

I think draft position and hype has a lot to do with it. In reality they are very close and imo Heiskanen is better at the moment. That could change of course. Both elite talents.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I can’t really say as I haven’t seen Dahlin play this season, but Miro has been amazing for Dallas especially with all the injuries to our defence. He’s a rare kind of player that can play a very good offensive game and still not get burnt going the other way. His IQ and skating let him do a lot of interesting things on the ice.

I can see this being an ongoing debate so I’ll have to watch more Dahlin.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
One thing I've noticed a lot of people don't seem to take into account when debating the age difference between these two is the fact that maturity is a highly individual thing especially at a young age. In this case you can't simply look at raw age difference.

From what I have seen both on and off the ice there is a clear gap between Dahlin and Heiskanen. Dahlin looks and acts like he would be maybe a 16 or 17 year old. Dahlin oozes talent and is already undeniably an impact player but I think he still has tons of potential to improve and at times gives off an impression of a very raw player with ups and downs at this point in his development.

Heiskanen on the other hand looks like a finished product already and if I had to guess his age without knowing I'd say probably 20+ years. In terms of development as a player I'd say it seems like Miro is ahead by 2 or 3 years even.

If you want to compare these two right now the difference in age or maturity is most definitely a factor despite what some may say.

It's impossible to predict the future but I'd say the edge has to go to Dahlin based on all the projections and perceived ceiling. It's a small sample size but if I had to pick one of them based on this season so far I'd take Heiskanen. I will readily admit that I'm biased as a Finn and have also seen more of Heiskanen and if he was a Swede and Dahlin a Finn my opinion might be different.

Reactions: deVolt

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Lmao .... there was a series of posts by that guy that made me feel he was getting a little worked up. I’m not worked up though, sorry you misunderstood
Series of posts maybe. You should quote those then

That's why I said "if you were talking about the post you quoted"

The one you quoted was perfectly reasonable. Why would you quote the reasonable post and pretend he's being unreasonable still? Makes it seem obvious you're worked up and trying to needle him b/c you can't get over his previous posts. Let it go next time and you won't be misunderstood lol.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Series of posts maybe. You should quote those then

That's why I said "if you were talking about the post you quoted"

The one you quoted was perfectly reasonable. Why would you quote the reasonable post and pretend he's being unreasonable still? Makes it seem obvious you're worked up and trying to needle him b/c you can't get over his previous posts. Let it go next time and you won't be misunderstood lol.
Ok.... now I’m starting to think you need to relax. His post still had “***** “, as it did in every other post. I don’t live and breathe these boards, so I wasn’t going to go back and quote every post. Just chill dude

Also, I’m not sure what “needle him” means

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Then why isn't he? It's not like Ristolainen is great as a minute muncher and a clear cut 1D. It would make sense to ease Ristolainen's struggling if Dahlin can do all that. Just asking based on TOI/GP, I have only seen like 8 games this season and haven't really paid attention to Risto, so I honestly have no idea how he is doing at the moment.
Maybe because he has been in that role outside of PK? He has been playing heavy minutes for a long time now that he didn't in the first month. Its not like he shows he can't handle the minutes when he has played nearly 30 minutes in a few games. I really don't understand the point of well he's also leading in scoring...well I would hope so playing on average 5 more minutes a game you should be getting more points in that role and its not like Dahlin plays with a great partner.

Last edited:

Rentsi

Jan 15, 2014
Heiskanen had 5 takeaways in last game? I have not sen him playing, but is he really that good defensively? Maybe I should watch a game or two of him playing..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->