Dahlin or Heiskanen

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’ve seen a lot of people talking about this in other threads and thought it deserved it’s own thread.

My opinion is that although both are very good players. Heiskanen won’t hold a be close to Dahlin when they’re both in their prime. I just think that Dahlin’s raw talents are too good. Once he gets some seasons under his belt, I think he could explode offensively while being one of the elite shutdown defenders in the league.

Your thoughts?

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
This year Heiskanen due to being more mature (at age 19... lol). If draft-pedigree holds then Dahlin later.

I think both of them are insanely good for rookie D-men and just learning the small rink.

Reactions: MrThomas

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Eventually Dahlin will probably be the better Dman. The best part is, they both will be around +15 years and 10 of them at least are Norris-caliber years.

Add Chabot there and the next big three are there.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Eventually Dahlin will probably be the better Dman. The best part is, they both will be around +15 years and 10 of them at least are Norris-caliber years.

Add Chabot there and the next big three are there.
Dumba :(

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Who would be everyones current top 3 Calder finalists?

to me Pettersson, Heiskanen, Tkachuck with Dahlin a close 4th

Pettersson probably the clear leader, leading all rookies in goals, assists, points, GWG and PPP

Heiskanen leads all rookies in TOI playing as a number 1 d man against opposing top lines each night, is 3rd in points for ALL rookies, leads all defenseman in goals

Tkachuk is 2nd in goals and PPG

Dahlin will probably keep growing and possibly edge his way in, but i have Heiskanens year ahead of him at the moment, and the two forwards slightly better.

Do we think it will be out of those 4? to crack the final 3 finalists

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Heiskanen is a really skilled defenseman and he looks really convincing, but I'll do as the rest and go with the one that is more complete in his game and one year younger.

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
Too early to say. Anyone saying anything else right now is just wrong. :D
Dahlin has more hype, but in terms of performance, they're close.

It pleases me to see that both are blazing fast. :)

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Heiskanen is better now. Hes just more polished and more responsible defensively. Dahlin has more potential and raw skill.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Heiskanen I’ve had my eye on since he was a prospect and seeing him arrive has been a treat. The stars have a style and players around that I think compliments his game.

That being said, I think Dahlin is just more flashy and impressive. He will make mistakes but the good is really good and Is still learning how everything works over here. He’s not a step ahead of him but by next year or the year as soon as maybe even this second half of the season I think he can be. That’s not a shot at Heiskanen that’s just how I feel.

Can't really say but only thing Dahlin is ahead is hype. Button already compared Heiskanen to Lidström so who Dahlin would be compared to? God?

Well I’m glad only you and Craig button have come to this conclusion.

You two are now my prime sources for hockey knowledge.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Surprise, we all know you think Dahlin is generational already :nod:

They are actually pretty close right now. Heiskanen AINEC :popcorn:

Sure they are close Heiskanen is a full year older and on a team with many established stars and vets. Dallas has been a playoff team and know how to win. Buffalo has been a tire fire and Dahlin has come in and become it's #1 D and really solidified the D core. He stopped Risto having to be the guy and allows him to play 2nd fiddle and he is thriving with that role. What he is doing at 18 is basically unheard of.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Dahlin has a higher ceiling I think, he's less physically mature than Heiskanen and it shows at times. I'm sure both are going to be excellent Dmen for a long time to come

Reactions: Kcb12345

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
In the long run, Heiskanen might get more points but I think Dahlin is more entertaining to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad