Injury Report: Da Beauty League - Brock Boeser (back playing!)

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
I’m not concerned about boeser having a sophomore slump. He has the similar attitude and work ethic as Horvat.. and has more skill than bo.

I see boeser scoring 30-35. Him and petterson are gonna be fun to watch on the pp. but I also don’t count him out to score 40. It’s possible. He will get there at some point.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
I’m not concerned about boeser having a sophomore slump. He has the similar attitude and work ethic as Horvat.. and has more skill than bo.

I see boeser scoring 30-35. Him and petterson are gonna be fun to watch on the pp. but I also don’t count him out to score 40. It’s possible. He will get there at some point.
Health permitting it’s a guarantee he surpasses the 40 goal plateau at some point. Kid is the complete package

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Health permitting it’s a guarantee he surpasses the 40 goal plateau at some point. Kid is the complete package

At some point in his career? Ya, I’d agree with that. Just wouldn’t bet the farm on it being next year.

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
He basically was on pace for 40 last year. Also, 35 is reasonable and 40 is lol? The sky is the limit for this player, especially if he can find chemistry with an elite offensive player like we all hope Pettersson will be on the PP. He made what he did this season look easy, so I don't know why he has any limits.
Honestly, I thought I was being a little too optimistic here. Canucks aren't a good team. If they are good, then it'll be because of guys like Boeser and Pettersson putting up elite production. I'm not expecting that to happen, though I do still expect Boeser to hit at around a 35 goal pace. Is that unreasonable? Only eight players scored 40 last season, and only two of those players were on non-playoff teams (some bum named McDavid and Anders Lee). To go even further, only 16 players even hit 35 goals last season, and only FOUR of those 16 players were on non-playoff teams.

I'm a big Boeser fan, but goals are hard to come by in this league. I'll be ecstatic if he scores 30 on this team.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
If he stays healthy, he can score 40. Boeser has a cheat code for his shot.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
The Canucks are likely going to be a mess this year. They are relying on young players to step up and produce, they don't have a legit 2nd line to take some of the tough match ups away from the 1st line. Unless Hughes decides to go pro, makes the Canucks AND has an immediate impact, the team doesn't have much of a threat from the back end. This is not a well built team for reliable offensive output...at least not yet. If you are writing Boeser down for 40 goals this year, you are an extreme optimist, bordering on delusional...many, many things will need to go right for him to score that many goals, and that is no slight against Boeser, its just a statement about where this team currently is.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
If Brock stays fairly healthy he should lead the team in goals, and probably points. There's not much elite talent on this roster to compete with him.

He just needs to to get stronger and faster. Hopefully that would plug the biggest holes in his game which is winning puck battles.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Looks like another 1g 4a for Boeser today. Just happy to see him back playing hockey. The "stats" in a summer league is an added bonus.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

Better shot than Bo, yes. Every other attribute I am taking Bo over Brock. Ask defenders who they would rather defend against down low, in front of the net etc. Bo is a beast, strong, drives the net.

Brock doesn't drive the net, win board battles, is a much worse skater. All he has is a good shot, and lets see after this surgery

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
During the interview piece they did on him, he said that he was going to work on his skating to be faster and more explosive. If he can get faster this upcoming season, I see 40 goals as achievable.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Better shot than Bo, yes. Every other attribute I am taking Bo over Brock. Ask defenders who they would rather defend against down low, in front of the net etc. Bo is a beast, strong, drives the net.

Brock doesn't drive the net, win board battles, is a much worse skater. All he has is a good shot, and lets see after this surgery
yeh all he does is score

Jimbo57

Jan 28, 2018

lol. sure, he cant see the ice well, pass, or stick handle either.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Being a good player on a bad team means he’ll get lots of ice time and PP time. Last year he sat at the beginning of the year and then got eased into the lineup. This year he’ll be the main offensive guy from day one.
I could see him hitting 35 goals and maybe even 40 if a lot of things go right. He will be the main focus of the opposition for sure but he was that most of last year too so no real change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad