Injury Report: Da Beauty League - Brock Boeser (back playing!)

BassMason

Dec 1, 2006
I’m surprised this is a thing. Is it low contact hockey? I can’t imagine the optics would be good if an NHL star had a career ending injury playing in a different league.

I know teams put restrictions on certain activities for its players ie motorcycle riding, skiing because they are too dangerous.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I’m surprised this is a thing. Is it low contact hockey? I can’t imagine the optics would be good if an NHL star had a career ending injury playing in a different league.

I know teams put restrictions on certain activities for its players ie motorcycle riding, skiing because they are too dangerous.
He played in it last year too

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006

Pretty sure it is a non contact league

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
So glad to see him up and skating around and ripping goals. I'll be honest guys... I've always had a sort of sick feeling in my stomach ever since Clutterbuck put him into that open doorway. You know, that his injury was a lot worse than he or the Canucks let on, and that we might have seen the end of the Brock we know before his career even got properly started.

Who knows? Considering the way Daniel never really fully recovered from that dirty crap that Duncan Keith pulled on him, maybe we have. Trying not to be negative about it, but back injuries can really nag you for the rest of your life if they're the wrong kind.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver

It is. It's essentially a summer men's fun league for NHL, NCAA and star prospects to keep them in-game during the down months.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What's a realistic projection for Boeser's numbers next year?. He'd probably have finished with at least 35-40 goals if he'd stayed healthy last year. With more first unit pp time I could see him with at least 40 and maybe 45.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
What's a realistic projection for Boeser's numbers next year?. He'd probably have finished with at least 35-40 goals if he'd stayed healthy last year. With more first unit pp time I could see him with at least 40 and maybe 45.

With Pettersson and potentially Hughes on the PP I would think Boeser could challenge for the Rocket Richard next season... that's if absolutely everything aligns. Kid's shot is that good and he will be quicker, stronger and more experienced this year.

For those saying he'll be a target as well... he was the only scoring threat on the team last year, he was a target then and still but up 29 while missing over a month.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
As a Canucks fan since 1970, I've learned to temper my expectation. There are a lot of reasons for lowered expectations:

• The second professional season is often a challenge for young players.
  • Horvat is not an elite centre. I think the last (non Centre) to win the Richard without a top 10 C was probably Jerome Iginla.
  • In the last 11 years only Ovy (7), Sid (3), Stamkos (2) and Corey Perry (should have been Daniel) have won it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->