Injury Report: Da Beauty League - Brock Boeser (back playing!)

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
He basically was on pace for 40 last year. Also, 35 is reasonable and 40 is lol? The sky is the limit for this player, especially if he can find chemistry with an elite offensive player like we all hope Pettersson will be on the PP. He made what he did this season look easy, so I don't know why he has any limits.

To be fair Boeser’s “pace” was declining strongly from Christmas on. He had 21 goals at Christmas (48 goal pace) and 8 goals after (25 goal pace). In all likelihood the injury kept his pace looking better than it probably would have if he’d actually played the final 20 games. Going into next year the team won’t have the Sedins (so there will be more defensive focus on Boeser) or Vanek (who he played well with at times). 40 is possible though I think unlikely given the personnel changes and fact that he’ll receive more focus in Year 2 than he did early in Year 1. 30-35 would be a very impressive total given the circumstances.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Sophmere Slump + he poached most of his goals on PP spot that people now know about. Like the above poster stated, 21 goals before Xmas and kust 8 after.... He gets 18 next year

Book it.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
To be fair Boeser’s “pace” was declining strongly from Christmas on. He had 21 goals at Christmas (48 goal pace) and 8 goals after (25 goal pace). In all likelihood the injury kept his pace looking better than it probably would have if he’d actually played the final 20 games. Going into next year the team won’t have the Sedins (so there will be more defensive focus on Boeser) or Vanek (who he played well with at times). 40 is possible though I think unlikely given the personnel changes and fact that he’ll receive more focus in Year 2 than he did early in Year 1. 30-35 would be a very impressive total given the circumstances.

Imagine an injury to Bo Horvat (heaven forbid) and Boeser is forced to play with Brandon Sutter for any length of time...there goes any sort of pace.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Sophmere Slump + he poached most of his goals on PP spot that people now know about. Like the above poster stated, 21 goals before Xmas and kust 8 after.... He gets 18 next year

Book it.

Too far the other way. Boeser’s too skilled and will get too much ice time to plateau at a Granlund-like season. 25 is the lowest I can see barring injury or being saddled with Sutter while 30 is something I’d put money on.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
This BS Shinny league of beauty league whatever have peoples expectations too high. They literally do not hit, or check in this tourney lol.

Too far the other way. Boeser’s too skilled and will get too much ice time to plateau at a Granlund-like season. 25 is the lowest I can see barring injury while 30 is something I’d put money on.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Imagine an injury to Bo Horvat (heaven forbid) and Boeser is forced to play with Brandon Sutter for any length of time...there goes any sort of pace.

Also, did he not suffer his wrist injury right around the time his 'pace' dropped? Similarly to when he hurt his wrist early, and it effected his second year of college production? 40 goal pace before his wrist acted up, and ~ 20 goal pace after that.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Also, did he not suffer his wrist injury right around the time his 'pace' dropped? Similarly to when he hurt his wrist early, and it effected his second year of college production? 40 goal pace before his wrist acted up, and ~ 20 goal pace after that.

Feb 8 vs Tampa. Pace had already dropped to 3 in 11 games in January as I think teams were starting to scout him more following his hot Nov and Dec. Might have contributed but I doubt was the only factor.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County

Book it.
Mate, do you ever post anything remotely happy/positive? I just looked at your post history and every one was a shot at players or management. Are you actually a Canucks fan?

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax

And to be fair it was his first season in the NHL. I am not really sure where any pessimism would come from for him to equal or better his "pace." I don't agree there are any "circumstances" holding him back from scoring more than 30 goals comfortably.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
And to be fair it was his first season in the NHL. I am not really sure where any pessimism would come from for him to equal or better his "pace." I don't agree there are any "circumstances" holding him back from scoring more than 30 goals comfortably.

Well lack of a track record would be what holds him back and the fact that consistent elite goal scoring in the NHL is rare. And you weren’t talking about scoring 30 goals, you were talking about 40. There were 8 40 goal scorers in the entire league last year. 8.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Feb 8 vs Tampa. Pace had already dropped to 3 in 11 games in January as I think teams were starting to scout him more following his hot Nov and Dec. Might have contributed but I doubt was the only factor.

Agreed. He was shooting at what...22% early in the season, so you'd expect a regression there. However, his shooting % really fell off a cliff in his final games, so I assume the injury had to be a factor at that point.

With his shot he has the potential to be a high% shooter imo, just not that high.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanaFan

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
If he stays healthy I don’t think there’s any way he falls below 25; his release is just too good. I think it depends on how well the rest of the team plays around him. Pettersson and Hughes are the wildcards for me because if they come in and play to their potentials then it’s going to open up the space for Boeser. Interesting season coming up for sure.

Reactions: Hemty

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
People are complaining about Da Beauty League not being indicative of NHL play - of course it isn't!. Boeser is skating and working out and looks like he is recovering well from his surgery. That's why people are following Da Beauty League. Boeser clearly isn't couch-bound playing Fortnite.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I always thought Boesers passing ability and accuracy and passing creativity was underrated last year. I mean his shot is what is so AWESOME but i think hes quite the well rounded offensive beast. Im thinking 70+ point season

Reactions: Stardustforever

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Laine:
2016-17Winnipeg JetsNHL73362864267----------
2017-18Winnipeg JetsNHL824426702481757124
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Why would Boeser's production NOT proceed as Laine's has? Because he's a Canuck?

Kid is unreal, sticking with him challenging for the Rocket Richard Trophy this season if health/linemates permit (as in he gets 1st unit PP time, plays in the top 6 with the same players for the majority of the season etc.).

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Laine:
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Why would Boeser's production NOT proceed as Laine's has? Because he's a Canuck?

Kid is unreal, sticking with him challenging for the Rocket Richard Trophy this season if health/linemates permit (as in he gets 1st unit PP time, plays in the top 6 with the same players for the majority of the season etc.).

Why *would* his production process as Laine’s has? Are they the same player?

Reactions: jd22

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Sadly yes I am. I just hate incompetence and no direction/plan.

So many stupid stupid moves this team makes. I’m not willing to justify them like most.

Mate, do you ever post anything remotely happy/positive? I just looked at your post history and every one was a shot at players or management. Are you actually a Canucks fan?

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Laine:
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Boeser doesn't have nearly the same supporting cast that Laine has.

Reactions: petrishriekandgo

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
If Edler starts passing to him on the PP because the Twins are no longer in the right corner to dump it to he might score a lot

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Sadly yes I am. I just hate incompetence and no direction/plan.

So many stupid stupid moves this team makes. I’m not willing to justify them like most.
Is there anything about the Vancouver Canucks that you do like?

I would think there’s not much to dislike about Boeser’s game after everything we’ve seen from him from the USHL to NCAA to NHL, but we’re all welcome to have an opinion so each to their own. 18 goals just seems pretty darn low that’s all.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Imo Boeser has a chance to score a lot PP goals, depending on Hughes and Pettersson. Pettersson is a great set up guy on the right side, and can also shoot the puck in a way the Sedin's could never dream of. Hughes is a true power play QB, so teams will not be able to focus on Boeser. I think he will score 18 goals on the power play alone. Book it.

petrishriekandgo

Why not us?
Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver, BC
offthebartoons.substack.com
Boeser doesn't have nearly the same supporting cast that Laine has.

Agreed for sure, but a PP unit of Boeser, Horvat, Pettersson, Baertschi and Hughes is going to be one of the NHL's top 10 units, so many scoring options from that group. Laine had 20PPG and 31PPP last year, I can see Boeser at least matching that pace on the PP this season as he had 10g/23p on the PP last season and wasn't even moved to the top unit until late in the season.

Even strength will tell the tale and that's where the strength of the Jets top players comes into this arguement but:

Laine: .29 ESG per game (24 over 82) last season
Boeser: .31 ESG per game (19 over 62) with "inferior" linemates last season

If Boeser can match Laine's 20PPG and keep that .31 ESGper game average up over an 82game season he'll pot a total of 45g. Ovechkin averaged .39 ESGper game last season (removing his 17PPG) winning the Rocket Richard. IF Boeser can push his ESG per game average to .35 and play 82 games he'd hit 29ESG + 20PPG (as mentioned above). That would match the Rocket Richard Winning total Ovie had last season.

I think it's within his grasp... wrist healthy for the first time in two seasons, back fine, stronger, smarter, quicker... kids going to be dangerous and add Pettersson to the mix and BB will get more looks and we all know he doesn't miss much when he has those types of chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->