D Mattias Norlinder - Modo, Allsvenskan (2019, 64th, MTL)

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
As a Flames fan, must be tough getting hyped about any prospects. I understand.

our prospect pool is criminally underrated and has been for years. But sure, lol

kinvall-D-23 yo- 15 points in 14 games in the SHL. Never heard of him? Cause we don’t hype meh prospects.

Last edited:

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
our prospect pool is criminally underrated and has been for years. But sure, lol

kinvall 23 15 points in 14 games in the SHL. Never heard of him? Cause we don’t hype meh prospects.
It’s almost like nobody cares about a free agent signing that was draft elligible five years ago and has yet to play pro in North America.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
It’s almost like nobody cares about a free agent signing that was draft elligible five years ago and has yet to play pro in North America.

hes like our tenth best prospect and yet your super star has 1 point. 1 point in the same league :laugh:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
hes like our tenth best prospect and yet your super star has 1 point. 1 point in the same league :laugh:

Lol flames have one of the worst pools in the league, you really think Jusso Bustimaki and ME Busttersen are going to be stars?

Either way, Norlinder scored today so people can save their crying for the next game he goes pointless. And he has 4 points but whatever. Kinnvall wasn't even in the SHL at his age

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Lol flames have one of the worst pools in the league, you really think Jusso Bustimaki and ME Busttersen are going to be stars?

Either way, Norlinder scored today so people can save their crying for the next game he goes pointless

are you actually mocking Valimaki? LOLOLOL

we’ve heard it before. Adam Fox, Rasmus Andersson, Dillon Dube, Mangiapane all sucked according to HF.

Pelletier, Zary, Valimaki, Wolf, Poirier etc. They all suck right?

Eveb if the Flames prospects do suck, which is a classic red herring argument, doesn’t change the fact that the Habs (who are actually my second favourite team) overvalue their players more than any team in the league (see Tie Domi threads one the summer, for example)

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
He'll be fine. Of course we'd like him to produce more, but his game is growing (especially defensively) at least. Also he's not on a high scoring team (although it's a good team overall). He has been doing a lot of good things that haven't transfered to points. If you watch him, you can see the talent, although I do agree he's overhyped (he's not the second coming of Lidstrom, that's ridiculous).

Reactions: schnapshot

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011

we’ve heard it before. Adam Fox, Rasmus Andersson, Dillon Dube, Mangiapane all sucked according to HF.

Eveb if the Flames prospects do suck, which is a classic red herring argument, doesn’t change the fact that the Habs (who are actually my second favourite team) overvalue their players more than any team in the league (see Tie Domi threads one the summer, for example)

I'm just ribbing you... why come into a Habs prospect thread and cry about how overrated Habs prospects are and then hype up your own players? You can do that on your own boards because I promise you nobody in here cares about Kinnvall

Reactions: Gravity

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018

I wasn't sure about Andersson, Mangiapane, Fox and Dube tbh. I really like Pelletier, Zary and Valimaki though. Not sold at all on Wolf and Poirier.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I wasn't sure about Andersson, Mangiapane, Fox and Dube tbh. I really like Pelletier, Zary and Valimaki though. Not sold at all on Wolf and Poirier.

neither am I really. I don’t get hyped on prospects until they show things in like NHL training camp/preseason/AHL/NHL. Otherwise I think it’s just too hard to tell what players will become. The competition level is too low.

I'm just ribbing you... why come into a Habs prospect thread and cry about how overrated Habs prospects are and then hype up your own players? You can do that on your own boards because I promise you nobody in here cares about Kinnvall

I agree. I actually came into this thread talking about Norlinder. The other poster made it about The Flames and I just brought up Kinvall because he’s destroying that league and has been since he was 22. So it’s not like Norlinder is this can’t miss star.

I’m sure he’s a good prospect I just have seen some people rank him above Romanov which I just don’t understand. That seems like over hyping imo

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
neither am I really. I don’t get hyped on prospects until they show things in like NHL training camp/preseason/AHL/NHL. Otherwise I think it’s just too hard to tell what players will become. The competition level is too low.

I agree. I actually came into this thread talking about Norlinder. The other poster made it about The Flames and I just brought up Kinvall because he’s destroying that league and has been since he was 22. So it’s not like Norlinder is this can’t miss star.

I’m sure he’s a good prospect I just have seen some people rank him above Romanov which I just don’t understand. That seems like over hyping imo
The thing is the Habs have no real dman with #1D upside, and with Weber and Petry getting older and older, some are setting unrealistic expectations on some prospects, hoping they can take the spots of Weber and Petry. I'm sure one of the many d prospects the habs have will emerge as a #1d, or at least a #2d and Norlinder is definitely in that boat. But I think he'll realistically cap out as a #3 or #4 do it all dman, which is really good for an overager 3rd round pick.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
The thing is the Habs have no real dman with #1D upside, and with Weber and Petry getting older and older, some are setting unrealistic expectations on some prospects, hoping they can take the spots of Weber and Petry. I'm sure one of the many d prospects the habs have will emerge as a #1d, or at least a #2d and Norlinder is definitely in that boat. But I think he'll realistically cap out as a #3 or #4 do it all dman, which is really good for an overager 3rd round pick.
ehh i dont think any habs prospect have no. 1 potential

lots of potential top-4 one though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad