D Mattias Norlinder - Modo, Allsvenskan (2019, 64th, MTL)

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
180 pounds is likely in the bottom 10 of NHL dmen weight. Where are you getting that he has a ‘good’ amount of muscle?
180lbs at 5'11 is realy not that small if you aren't fat.

Hughes is 170, Makar is 187, Deangelo is 180, adam fox is 180, Romanov who has been leveling KHLers at 19 year old is 182, Girard is 170 ( doubt it)

I don't see any of these players struggling to have an impact and i could go on and on with example.

Norlinder is HIGHLY trending up as a prospect and is far from a final product and Montreal is taking their time polishing him in sweden. He will likely spend no time in the AHL or VERY few.

i don't know much about the SHL in general other than how strong is it and Frolunda is a top notch organisation, from what i have heard the coach in Frolunda let's their player express themself on the ice and aren't penalised for making mistake, so he'll make mistake and learn while keeping his confidence to the highest!

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
There are excellent official numbers from last years combine.

upload_2020-8-28_14-48-29.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-8-28_14-44-8.png
    upload_2020-8-28_14-44-8.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl

This is big, Norlinder as #5D at redraft already ? seeing him as a future #1 LD. WOW if it's true it's the steal of the draft

Last edited:
Reactions: CreamOfTheCrop

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
This is big, Norlinder as #5D at redraft already ? seeing him as a future #1 LD. WOW if it's true it's the steal of the draft

He said "I liked his game more than all but 3-4 LHDs picked before him." Does not mean he is a #5D pick in his book.

This kid is good eventhough people are disliking him because of his "bad point production" in the Allsvenskan, which is nonsense to me.

Reactions: Fixxer

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
He said "I liked his game more than all but 3-4 LHDs picked before him." Does not mean he is a #5D pick in his book.

This kid is good eventhough people are disliking him because of his "bad point production" in the Allsvenskan, which is nonsense to me.

his answer to the top 5 question.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Says nothing about top 5
What do you mean? I’m not here to debate if Norlinder will be a top 5 in his draft class at all, but yes that’s what he says here. It’s a direct answer to "you would have him in that range" wich he says, yes.

Reactions: Doc5

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Just needs to work on being steadier defensively, bulk up, refine his decisions with or without the puck a bit, and Norlinder could be a pretty good piece for us on defense in the NHL.

Reactions: Gains

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
He's nasty. Puck skills and playmaking are off the charts. We haven't had a D prospect like this in a little while. I'm really excited to see Norlinder on the Habs

Reactions: Gains

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
off the charts? Dial it back a bit.
i don’t think so. watch him play more often and you’ll change your tune. norlinder’s offensive game is very polished. if he was a first round pick, you’d likely change your tune. in addition to the fact that you have a history of being pessimistic on norlinder’s upside.
easy there. was a solid pass - nothing 'jaw dropping'.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
he picked up an assist on the PP, nothing special but at least he was in on both PP goals as Frolunda needs to get the PP going since they entered the game 14th ranked but hard to complain when the team sits in 1st place in the league.

Here's a short clip of the assist,

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Article posted where Roger Rönnberg and Kristofer Naslund were interviewed about Norlinder. Btw for those who don't know those two are the Coach and assistant coach of Frolunda.

Here are the things they said about him.

- “It is an awfully good player that awaits the Montreal Canadiens in the future”
- “I am extremely happy that things are happening around Mattias,”

One thing that really surprised me was this.

"He has the best defensive qualities of all the offensive defenders that I have coached in Frölunda."

Rönnberg has coached Rasmus Dahlin and John Klingberg

- “It is my belief that the defence is a strength in Mattias’s playbook,”
- “His defensive foundation is strong: he can stop the play; he is good one-on-one; he is strong around the crease; he is also fast in his defensive reads and really, really strong in his game without the puck.”

- “He has such an exciting and natural way of playing hockey both with and without the puck. Almost all players have one or the other, but from my point of view, he really is one of those exceptional two-way defenders that brings a very high level of play in his defensive game, and he can be super fun in the offensive zone too.”

“Soon, he will be consistent in all games, not only six, seven games in a row, but all games throughout the season. Over time he will be a rock defensively, a player you really want to have on the ice.”

Theres alot more said about him but basically the whole article there were saying he is an exceptional player that is great not only offensively(his main strength) but also fantastic defensively.

Reactions: Leopain and Dempsey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad