D Lian Bichsel - EHC Biel-Bienne, NL (2022, 18th, DAL)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I've watched quite a bit of Leksand. I think Bichsel has been a little disappointing tbh. Definitely hoping for more from him as the season goes on.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Hard to put a modern comparable out there for him. Stephen Johns immediately comes to mind. Maybe Darnell Nurse?

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Very interesting player type. Big, nasty, and defensively responsible but also flashes some hands and creativity in the offensive zone.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Stylewise and talentwise they may be similar but Bichsel is a lefty and he's bigger than Trouba already while Trouba's skating is quite a bit better.

Bichsel's skating is unrefined but if anything I'd guess that he's much faster than Trouba. 6'6 monster who flies around the ice. Combine that with his soft hands, I would have taken him top ten.

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Bichsel's skating is unrefined but if anything I'd guess that he's much faster than Trouba. 6'6 monster who flies around the ice. Combine that with his soft hands, I would have taken him top ten.
Somebody like Jamie Oleksiak could maybe be a good comp for Bischel. Huge shut down d-man who also has some decent playmaking and leadership abilities. Or poor man's Parayko.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Somebody like Jamie Oleksiak could maybe be a good comp for Bischel. Huge shut down d-man who also has some decent playmaking and leadership abilities. Or poor man's Parayko.

Why "poor man's"? He's miles ahead of where Parayko was at that age.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Could say that about a lot of defensemen. His 19-25 development was out of the norm.

Sure, and Bichsel isn't likely to develop to that level. But if the tools are there, they're there. Don't artificially limit his upside. He has Parayko's upside, for sure,

Reactions: Kearns

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Sure, and Bichsel isn't likely to develop to that level. But if the tools are there, they're there. Don't artificially limit his upside. He has Parayko's upside, for sure,
So....a poor man's?? Don't really get the gripe. He has a bit to go as a skater and in the skill department to reach prime Parayko which I would say is a ~90% outcome for him.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
So....a poor man's?? Don't really get the gripe. He has a bit to go as a skater and in the skill department to reach prime Parayko which I would say is a ~90% outcome for him.

Sorry I was talking more about upside as in high upside and I see now you were talking about median outcomes.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
My own comparable for Bichsel would be Shea Weber, limited puckhandling, but still decent in transition, a bomb of a shot from the point and a physical freak in his own zone. Kid is really really good at defending and has that beasty physical tools you dont want to mess up with.

Dallas has been drafting well past few year, they have a good one.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
This kid has serious potential. Seemed to try and do too much in the game Vs Latvia. He’s definitely a confident player with an interesting package of size and skill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad