Confirmed with Link: D Brooks Orpik signed (five years, $5.5M per)

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Yeeeesh. Wow. I was a big Orpik fan, have a team USA jersey of his, loved all his hits....but have hated him for the past 2-3 years. He loves to stand near his net, watch players score, and THEN check said player, usually onto his goalie. Not to mention he likes to talk about how the team needs to do better while doing nothing himself. I can't see him and Ovie getting along...

Again, this is all coming from a (former) big fan of his.

EDIT: also forgot he is coming off a knee injury...

Bolded he'll fit right with the other capitals Leaders of Men Laich/Brouwer, heh.

CapNMac

Jun 30, 2014
Fayne's better and younger and signed for less money and term with a worse team. We're just incompetent.

Apparently Reirden only likes his ex-Pitt guys. No other younger guys in FA that he can coach up...:shakehead

I was all prepared to shake my head at all the unwarrented negativity from people who can never be happy, but this is pretty bad. 5 years at over 5 mil per for a 33 yo guy who the wheels are already beginning to come off.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm betting that the people who are OK with this deal won't be by 1/4 of the way through the season. Maybe sooner.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
I'm betting that the people who are OK with this deal won't be by 1/4 of the way through the season. Maybe sooner.

It will be just like the Erat trade. A few people defending it at the time and will soon realize how awful it is.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
orpik. team usa. team usa gm david poile. there is a line direct to trotz there. 5 years I just don't get.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
tumblr_mcikr62jFM1qdf6w8o2_500.gif

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Defensively the guy is not far off from a Karl Alzner. Some Pittsburgh fans understand his abilities more than others. This is just what the Caps needed in a 2LD.

They just gave a 33 year old 5 years and the 4th highest salary on the team. EVERYONE is saying he plays like hot garbage now but you're comparing I'm to our best Defemder?

I need some of your kool aid because that's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad