Confirmed with Link: D Brooks Orpik signed (five years, $5.5M per)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
combathairloss.jpg

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
IINM analytics types that don't like him should really look at his CorsiRelQoC.

Corsi is not the be all end all. Corsi experts are a bit too know it all for me. A better analytics will eventually develop and Corsi with be in the rear view window. A bit like the +/- not telling the whole story. Remember 55.

I've always felt Orpik played his d roll well. He may not be the fastest skater. Todd Reirdon in his interview speaks highly of him. "capped out at 22 minutes" "best penalty killer"

He's a left D

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The Caps Nepotism Tour continues. This guy had better get a Keith Richards blood transfusion or something and bring the motherf$#^g ruckus the next 5 years.

smetana

B2B2B2B HA Champs
Aug 5, 2006
USA I.1
Wow, good luck with this one, Caps' fans. Coming in peace because I'm feeling bad for you. Orpik has next to nothing left in the tank now, let alone in five years. There's a reason we didn't even open discussion to re-sign him.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
He's excellent at checking people into his own goalie and net, after the puck has already gone in.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
The Caps Nepotism Tour continues. This guy had better get a Keith Richards blood transfusion or something and bring the motherf$#^g ruckus the next 5 years.

Hey at least you can start your FIRE GMBM campaign a bit ahead of schedule right? :sarcasm:

Pretty cruddy deal but whatever. We got him, he's better than alot of what we had and is a vet presence that is physical.

What can we do really? Just hope he adds enough to justify even a decent percentage of that contract.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Pens fans checking in. Overpaid for a 7th defensemen, he still has speed, but don't expect him to hit anymore or do anything other than give the puck away. Your all in my prayers

Burakovsky95*

Oh my. This is an awful day for this franchise. Awful. What a horrid contract. Shameful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad