WJC: Czech Republic 2020 Roster Talk

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Lauko himself said this tournament is over for him. A player usually knows when his knee is seriously injured. This is the type of injury where you can recognize yourself if it is OK or bad. I expect Karel Plášek to be added before the GER game.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Time to fly in Novak! I don't think we'll be seeeing Lauko again... not happy! I actually feel terrible for the kid... clears concussion protocol, flies in.. sits first exhibition, plays in second and gets 6 seconds in. He seemed to really want to play and I think he could've helped us a lot in this tourney.
Would LOVE Novak here...

Reactions: Czechboy

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Time to fly in Novak! I don't think we'll be seeeing Lauko again... not happy! I actually feel terrible for the kid... clears concussion protocol, flies in.. sits first exhibition, plays in second and gets 6 seconds in. He seemed to really want to play and I think he could've helped us a lot in this tourney.

Agreed. I feel very sorry for him. He looked really pumped before the game started and ready to play. I really hope he recovers well. But when you start injuring your knee, even if you recover well, there are always some issues later on (see Hertl) :(:(:(

Fingers crossed it's not too serious!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Agreed. I feel very sorry for him. He looked really pumped before the game started and ready to play. I really hope he recovers well. But when you start injuring your knee, even if you recover well, there are always some issues later on (see Hertl) :(:(:(

Fingers crossed it's not too serious!
Exactly... he wasn't an NHL lock next year either. So this could really set him back. In November he was a prospect on the rise who has going to represent his country. Now he's shelfed and not gaining any ground in his own NHL career. Poor guy literally had the worst day of his life yesterday... must be so mad!

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Exactly... he wasn't an NHL lock next year either. So this could really set him back. In November he was a prospect on the rise who has going to represent his country. Now he's shelfed and not gaining any ground in his own NHL career. Poor guy literally had the worst day of his life yesterday... must be so mad!

Hopefully his injury doesn't require surgery. By the way, Karel Plášek officially added to the roster, about to play tomorrow against Germany.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

Yeah agreed. I just read an idnes interview that he had an operation on his left knee already. Now his right knee is hurt. I wish him all the best for his health this coming year. I hope we'll get to see him in the NHL soon :)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That Germany game will be something. Hopefully the home crowd can make the same positive impact as last game.
They looked great... I can see them giving us nightmares tomorrow morning! Hopefully they're tired.lol
The crowd can really help but also really hurt.. eg. Germans score first, no one hops, gets dead quiet... we get nervouse etc. A clean win would be amazing but an OT loss would also put us at 4 points and them at 2. Neither of us have a favourable draw after tomorrow.lol

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I think the Lauko injury opens up more ice for Mysak/Pytlik... Plasek will fill in bottom of roster I think.
Yeah as i said thats the only positive. Its all good if they can fill in the gap. So far so good for Mysak. Pytlik didnt play as much but i expect he gets more icetime against Germany. Not too worried about him. Solid player overall.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah as i said thats the only positive. Its all good if they can fill in the gap. So far so good for Mysak. Pytlik didnt play as much but i expect he gets more icetime against Germany. Not too worried about him. Solid player overall.
I think Pytlik is the better of the 2 but I honestly can't remember one second of him during Russia (good or bad)... I actually looked up to see if he was hurt... he wasn't.lol

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Lauko had some touching quotes when interviewed by Robert Záruba - says when he learned 5 years ago that there's going to be WJC in CZE, he told his father he wants to play there. And now he's only got 6 seconds :(
Hope for a quick recovery

Reactions: FinPanda and Swipes

HMartin

Dec 6, 2019
Do we even have a chance to make it to Quarterfinal now? I expect that we won't get a single point against Canada and US, that leaves us with just 3 points.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Do we even have a chance to make it to Quarterfinal now? I expect that we won't get a single point against Canada and US, that leaves us with just 3 points.

If Rusisa loses to Germany then we may have a shot?

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I think we've beaten Canada twice at the WJC, last time in 2014 I think. So yeah, I doubt we'll get any points against them.

As for the USA, we beat them with Mrazek last time (2011?), so it might be doable? Highly unlikely too of course.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think we're done.. we REALLY needed today to go to OT.

Remember when Slovakia beat the Russians (OAR) in the first game of the last Olympics and then didn't make the quarters? This has that feel to it.

We have to get at least 1 point out of US/Canada - very unlikely.

I don't like the 3 way tie with Russia/Germany going in our favour but I also don't think Russia ends up with 3 points... they could still win the group. They are very good.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think we've beaten Canada twice at the WJC, last time in 2014 I think. So yeah, I doubt we'll get any points against them.

As for the USA, we beat them with Mrazek last time (2011?), so it might be doable? Highly unlikely too of course.
Only scenario I can see where we get points is that one of them has won the group, plays their backup etc. Don't care if they win and maybe we sneak in a point out of pure desperation.

Our D is what we thought they were.lol

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I think we're done.. we REALLY needed today to go to OT.

Remember when Slovakia beat the Russians (OAR) in the first game of the last Olympics and then didn't make the quarters? This has that feel to it.

We have to get at least 1 point out of US/Canada - very unlikely.

I don't like the 3 way tie with Russia/Germany going in our favour but I also don't think Russia ends up with 3 points... they could still win the group. They are very good.

Got to hope for one point vs USA/Canada at least. The best shot we have is the first game vs the USA. They will be coming off a game the night before vs Russia. Can't see us getting any points against Canada as it's the second game of a back to back. Gotta get it to OT in that first game to have any chance of a QF spot.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Only scenario I can see where we get points is that one of them has won the group, plays their backup etc. Don't care if they win and maybe we sneak in a point out of pure desperation.

Our D is what we thought they were.lol

Bang on about the D. No good.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Got to hope for one point vs USA/Canada at least. The best shot we have is the first game vs the USA. They will be coming off a game the night before vs Russia. Can't see us getting any points against Canada as it's the second game of a back to back. Gotta get it to OT in that first game to have any chance of a QF spot.
I know... and I predicted, before this, that both Canada/US would beat us by about 5 goals. I just can't get the image out of my head with guys like Lafreniere, Turcotte, Wahlstrom, Zegras etc. lighting our D up.

Our D can't keep up at 5 on 5, can't really penalty kill and struggle on powerplay (although, in fariness, Zabransky and Kubicek both have PP goals).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad