WJC: Czech Republic 2020 Roster Talk

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well.. we have 3 games left and it appears we have 2 scenarios:

US... Canada... Sweden

OR

US... Canada.. Kazkhstan

There is a scenario where we lose both games and still qualify - go GERMANY go! Regulation win and we're in.

Obviously, a win over either powerhouse would work as well. I do believe Dostal has a little extra... maybe he steals one? Our special teams need improvement which I think reflects more on our D than anything else.

I would like to see them switch up powerplay to focus more on shots down low.. I'd like to see the puck on low boards with Jenik more.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Well.. we have 3 games left and it appears we have 2 scenarios:

US... Canada... Sweden

OR

US... Canada.. Kazkhstan

There is a scenario where we lose both games and still qualify - go GERMANY go! Regulation win and we're in.

Obviously, a win over either powerhouse would work as well. I do believe Dostal has a little extra... maybe he steals one? Our special teams need improvement which I think reflects more on our D than anything else.

I would like to see them switch up powerplay to focus more on shots down low.. I'd like to see the puck on low boards with Jenik more.
I believe you guys agreed on coaching being good so far but I disagree.
Last game the German goalie was shaky. We barely got any shots in the second period.
This team needs to SHOOT the puck more!

They’ve been very one dimensional in the offensive zone.
Why? Well I’d say the fact that Plasek, and Sir are on our top 2 lines.
Sir is good at face offs and that’s it. None of those guys own any kind of creativity whatsoever. Pekar has been a disappointment so far.
Why not mix it up and throw Mysak on the 1st line? Switch him with Pekar.
Put Raska on the second line.
Have Cajka centre him and Pekar.

Mysak-Jenik-Teply
Raska-Cajka-Pekar

Reactions: Swipes

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Again, the USA game is played at the same time as Slovakia - Switzerland. Just drives me crazy. Who made the schedule?
and the same time as Trinec at Spengler! Slovakia-Switzerland is one of the games I'm dying to see! I think that'll be great!

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Last game the German goalie was shaky. We barely got any shots in the second period.

Sir is good at face offs and that’s it. None of those guys own any kind of creativity whatsoever. Pekar has been a disappointment so far.

Mysak-Jenik-Teply
Raska-Cajka-Pekar

I'm down for giving Mysak time on the top line.

Did he play on the PP vs Germany?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Mysak-Jenik-Teply
Raska-Cajka-Pekar

We did get 2 posts... in a 1 goal game. Getting to OT would've been nice.

I like your lines. I'd like to see Pitlyk get more ice time.. or perhaps use his ice time better?

I just think we have a weaker team as our C's and D are below average as a group (eg. our 4 C's plus our 6 D as a group of 10 aren't that intimadating). Winning with wingers and a goalie is tough to do.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Is he available for the Junior team?lol

Hah.

I think if we managed to develop a 1st OA d man in the past, we should be able to do it now.

Right?

Right?

......Insert some comment about hockey talent development under the previous regime being superior to talent production now......

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm down for giving Mysak time on the top line.

Did he play on the PP vs Germany?
He did... he almost whiffed on a gorgeous chance. I think he's raised his stock and will be a first rounder now though.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hah.

I think if we managed to develop a 1st OA d man in the past, we should be able to do it now.

Right?

Right?

......Insert some comment about hockey talent development under the previous regime being superior to talent production now......
Hamrlik's regime was communist funded.lol From a sports perspective, that is a damn good system.lol

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Hamrlik's regime was communist funded.lol From a sports perspective, that is a damn good system.lol

Yep. That's the reason most people use to explain it. Doesn't seem unreasonable. What's unreasonable is our inability to get even close to producing that many talents atm.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
and the same time as Trinec at Spengler! Slovakia-Switzerland is one of the games I'm dying to see! I think that'll be great!
Wait, is the czech TV gonna jump from the czech game to a meaningless Spengler cup game like the did today? Cuz if it is I'll die of laughter LOL. I will watch the SVK - SUI game and then rewatch the czech game at 1:45 AM on CT sport (hope they won't broadcast Spengler Cup after 1st period).

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
He did... he almost whiffed on a gorgeous chance. I think he's raised his stock and will be a first rounder now though.

Okay cool. I didn't manage to see the game, but I'm happy to hear that he is still getting opportunities on the PP. Everyone will need to step up vs the USA.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Wait, is the czech TV gonna jump from the czech game to a meaningless Spengler cup game like the did today? Cuz if it is I'll die of laughter LOL. I will watch the SVK - SUI game and then rewatch the czech game at 1:45 AM on CT sport (hope they won't broadcast Spengler Cup after 1st period).

I dunno man, if we're losing 6-0 then why not? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
We did get 2 posts... in a 1 goal game. Getting to OT would've been nice.

I like your lines. I'd like to see Pitlyk get more ice time.. or perhaps use his ice time better?

I just think we have a weaker team as our C's and D are below average as a group (eg. our 4 C's plus our 6 D as a group of 10 aren't that intimadating). Winning with wingers and a goalie is tough to do.
Yeah he could replace Pekar on that second line but honestly i havent been too impressed with Pytlik so far. He has looked pretty slow out there. But thats literally the opposite of what hes been doing in the Soo Greyhounds this year(based on what regular viewers have told me). They love him there.
So I hope he can find his game at the right time. He has the talent.
For now though, I like Pekar on the second line with Raska. Thats a super hard working line that forechecks well.
And Ive liked Cajka a lot too. He's got some skill.

Reactions: Czechboy

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean, our D is exactly what we all expected. The fact we're considering 16 year olds to play D against 19 year olds just demonstrates the problem. He probably is as good or better than a few but I can't even remember the last 16 year old D man in the tourney. I just saw a highly touted 17 year old goalie cost his team a game for instance. The physical difference between a 16 year old and 19 year old is massive. I'm really excited to see Svozil at the U18's in Michigan though! It'll be my first time attending the U18's. I'm assuming Mysak will be too old for that tourney?

Mysak is age eligible, Pytlik and Kubicek aren’t. Malik, Bednar, Novak, Chlubna, Gut should be there, as well.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Before the tourney began I didn't like our chances against the US. Now, if you told me we wouldn't have Lauko or Dostal I'd say I'd like our chances that much less. I think Sir is out too. This the worst 'rest day' in history.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Anyone got a calculator?

we have 4 points and a head to head against Russia. Assumign we end with 4 points what are the scenarios that eliminate us from quarters?

Russia wins clean - we finish 4th and Germany is out
Germany wins clean - we finish 4th and Russia is out
Russia wins in OT - we are eliminated? Russia would have 5 points, German with 4 (and head to head)
Germans win in OT - we finish 4th, Russia is eliminated

Basically, we don't want this game going to OT.lol

Is my Math wrong?

So happy with the loss today.. amazing we got it to OT with so many challenges. Hope Jenik is okay. I don't think he is but one can hope.

Reactions: czechcanadian

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Anyone got a calculator?

we have 4 points and a head to head against Russia. Assumign we end with 4 points what are the scenarios that eliminate us from quarters?

Russia wins clean - we finish 4th and Germany is out
Germany wins clean - we finish 4th and Russia is out
Russia wins in OT - we are eliminated? Russia would have 5 points, German with 4 (and head to head)
Germans win in OT - we finish 4th, Russia is eliminated

Basically, we don't want this game going to OT.lol

Is my Math wrong?

So happy with the loss today.. amazing we got it to OT with so many challenges. Hope Jenik is okay. I don't think he is but one can hope.
You are correct. We don’t want OT. Normally I would cheer for Germany in a game like this, but I prefer a nice easy win for Russia. No nerves

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
You are correct. We don’t want OT. Normally I would cheer for Germany in a game like this, but I prefer a nice easy win for Russia. No nerves
Yup... agreed. So I fully expect OT tomorrow.lol

I'm really like the German team so hope they can move on... but not at our expense.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad