Czech Republic: Czech National Team (A, U20, U18, U17, U16)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Cze U16

So after the second game, final scores are:

30.07. 2010: SVK-CZE 7:2 (Chvojka, Zbořil)
31.07. 2010: CZE-SVK 8:3 (Dalajka, Chvojka, Kofroň 2x, Sysala, Zbořil 2x, Zdráhal)

Here is also photogallery of pre-games training of the czech team: http://davacek.rajce.idnes.cz/29.07.2010_1._trenink_reprezentace_CR_U16_-_ZS_Brumov-Bylnice/#

And photogallery of the second game:
http://davacek.rajce.idnes.cz/31.07.2010_pratelske_utkani_hokejovych_reprezentaci_U16_CR_vs._SVK_8_3/#

Btw. I really like those jerseys czech boys were wearing during these games. Hope men will use the same at WC.

Last edited:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I've read that he assisted most of Šlégr's goals :)

EDIT: also to mention is that their numbers were retired in Litvínov.

Saw the game live at the stadium, was really good. Great that they held it in Litvinov and not in Prague, wouldn't be the same atmospehere. Also may be good to mention Reichel Junior (K. Reichel) who notched a few goals :) He looked pretty decent.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
U18

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&webid=246&view=clanek&id=48663&nazev_seo=osmnactku_ceka_tradicni_domaci_proverka__pred_memorialem_ivana_hlinky_nejprve_vyzve_kanadu

CZE U18 head coach Jiří Šolc today confirmed that some people aren't on the roster for Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup because they are moving overseas and it is not clear if they will be available for IIHF World U18 Championship 2011. But he also said if they will be out of the playoffs already, they of course can be added and play there. IMO it's a good move, because we have guys who need much more to prove themselves than Frk or Doudera, who will be eventually proven through CHL. So guys confirmed to go overseas this summer are:

Petr Beránek (Barrie Colts)
Milan Doudera (Niagara IceDogs)
Martin Frk (Halifax Mooseheads)
Matěj Machovský (Guelph Storm)
Matěj Stránský (Saskatoon Blades)

Some of them have already went to Canada, some of them will move there soon. There are some more people, who will move overseas, but they weren't considered to make the team, so they are not mentioned. And Tomáš Hyka was added on the roster as 13th forward.

Last edited:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
An Update on the Ivan Hlinka U-18 Memorial Tournament: (http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&view=clanek&id=48663)

Confirms that Martin Frk will not playing as he's in Canada already. The coaches don't really want to include players who aren't gonna stay at home, so they'll better be able to form a stable core for future years. Jaskin is staying with Slavia.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Just a small article on the two games played by the Czech and Slovakian U-16 teams, and potential improvements that need to be made by the Czech U-16's:

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=C...pripomina_po_premiere_sestnactky_trener_bukac

I love how they repeat for like the milionth time that the Salzburg tournament is a much better option than the tourney with Poland/Hungary U18. It´s quite funny considering that the Poland tourney will be played next week and 2 out of the 5 teams taking part in Salzburg (Russia and SVk U16) will be playing there as well. :laugh:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
I love how they repeat for like the milionth time that the Salzburg tournament is a much better option than the tourney with Poland/Hungary U18. It´s quite funny considering that the Poland tourney will be played next week and 2 out of the 5 teams taking part in Salzburg (Russia and SVk U16) will be playing there as well. :laugh:

I see, but you need to realize that last year we played only that tournament in Budapest before friendly games vs. SUI. This year, we have tournament in Salzburg and those 2 games against Slovakia instead of it. So it is definitely better option.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I see, but you need to realize that last year we played only that tournament in Budapest before friendly games vs. SUI. This year, we have tournament in Salzburg and those 2 games against Slovakia instead of it. So it is definitely better option.

Agreed. Plus also don't forget the friendly games against Ontario selects in November which wasn't around last year. The overall program is much much better.

I remember an article at some point during the olympics where Kral said that the U-16/U-17's tend to get a bit arrogant after they beat teams like Poland and Hungary and reckon that their path to the NHL is paved (I think they were smoking up and having a few beers in the pub :shakehead)

It's important we play harder teams on a regular basis, so the guys realize what they need to work on and remain disclipined (unlike Daniel Krejci, who got really hammered on a "reprezentacni sraz" once)

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
U16

CZE U16 roster for 5 nations tournament in Austria. The camp will start on the 14th of August and before the tournament 1 goalie, 1 d-man and 2 forwards will be sent home. Underlined people weren't with the team during its first action of the season (2 games against Slovakia).

Goaltenders:
Daniel Čepila (HC PSG Zlín)
Ladislav Kaňka (HC VAGNERPLAST Kladno)

Defensemen:
Michal Beránek (HC Bílí Tygři Liberec)
David Bunda (HC VAGNERPLAST Kladno)
Jan Holý (HC Plzeň 1929)
Jan KošťÃ¡lek (HC Sparta Praha)
Alex Pisarik (HC Oceláři Třinec)
Jan Štencel (HC Slezan Opava)
Jonáš Ťoupal (HC MOUNTFIELD České Budějovice)
Zbyněk Žabčík (VHK Vsetín)

Forwards:
Radovan Chvojka (HC Eaton Pardubice)
Jiří Kepka (HC Meteor Třemošná)
Adam Kofroň (HC Oceláři Třinec)
Ondřej Kopta (HC Plzeň 1929)
Dominik Kubalík (HC Plzeň 1929)
Dominik Pokorný (VHK Vsetín)
Roman Přikryl (HC Plzeň 1929)
Pavel Simandl (HC Bílí Tygři Liberec)
David Sysala (HC Vítkovice STEEL)
Jakub Vrána (HC Letňany)
Adam Zbořil (HC Kometa Brno)
Patrik Zdráhal (HC Vítkovice STEEL)

Last edited:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
CZE U20 roster for U20 Summer Challenge which takes place at the beginning of August 2010 in Switzerland.

Goaltenders:
Marek Mazanec (HC Plzeň 1929)
Filip Novotný (HC Sparta Praha)

Defensemen:
Oldřich Horák (HC PSG Zlín)
Marek Hrbas (Fargo Force, USHL)
Jakub Jeřábek (HC Plzeň 1929)
Jakub Krejčík (HC Slavia Praha)
David Musil (Vancouver Giants, WHL)
Dalibor Řezníček (HC PSG Zlín)
Jan Zdráhal (HC Eaton Pardubice)

Forwards:
Ondřej Havlíček (HC Slovan Ústečtí Lvi)
Adam Havlík (HC Orli Znojmo)
Michal Hlinka (Lewiston MAINEiacs)
Antonín Honejsek (Moose Jaw Warriors, WHL)
Roman Horák (Chilliwack Bruins, WHL)
Rostislav Marosz (HC Oceláři Třinec)
Andrej Nestrašil (Prince Edward Island Rocket, QMJHL)
Jakub Orsava (HC Oceláři Třinec)
Ondřej Palát (Drummondville Voltigeurs, QMJHL)
Tomáš Rachůnek (Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, OHL)
Robin Soudek (Chilliwack Bruins, WHL)
David Tůma (HC Sparta Praha)
Lukáš Žejdl (HC Slavia Praha)

This roster was updated. I realized that some guys didn't travel to Switzerland (Bulíř, Culek, Straka) and some other joined the team instead of them (Hlinka, Tůma, Žejdl).

Last edited:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
U20 Summer Challenge Day 1

CZE-SVK 5:2 (Havlíček, Nestrašil, Orsava 2x, Rachůnek - Bortňák, Jurčo)
SUI-GER 3:2 (Loeffel, Pestoni 2x - Elsayed, Hauner)

Standings:
1. CZE 3 / 5:2
2. SUI 3 / 3:2
3. GER 0 / 2:3
4. SVK 0 / 2:5

Last edited:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
U20 Summer Challenge Day 2

GER-CZE 3:2 (Brandl, Ohmann 2x - Hlinka, Horák R.)
SVK-SUI 3:6 (Jurčo 2x, Kudrna - Bartschi, Pestoni 2x, Scherwey, Vermin 2x)

Standings:
1. SUI 6 / 9:5
2. GER 3 / 5:5
3. CZE 3 / 7:5
4. SVK 0 / 5:11

Last edited:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
GER-CZE 3:2 (Brandl, Ohmann 2x - Hlinka, Horák)
SVK-SUI

Standings:
1. CZE 3 / 7:5
2. SUI 3 / 3:2
3. GER 3 / 5:5
4. SVK 0 / 2:5

not impressed. We should have beaten them. But I'll give our guys the benefit of the doubt :)

Siftak

May 5, 2010
U18 CZE vs. CAN 2:3OT Frendly match

Czech Rep u18 - Canada u18 2:3 OT (1:0, 1:1, 0:1 - 0:1).
Goals: 5. Králík (Jaškin), 39. Jaškin (Gutvald) - 35. Nugent-Hopkins, 56. Ouellet, 61. Catenacci.

The Best player of the game:
CZE - #8 Stepan Jenik
CAN - #9 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Have anybody been there? Your opinions?

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
U20 Summer Challenge Day 3

GER-SVK 5:2 (Abeltshauser, Brandl, Elsner, Keil, Plachta - Hraško, Jurčo)
SUI-CZE 5:7 (Camperchioli, Engler, Hofmann, McGregor, Niederreiter - Havlíček, Hlinka, Honejsek, Hrbas, Rachůnek, Tůma 2x)

Standings:
1. CZE 6 / 14:10
2. GER 6 / 10:7
3. SUI 6 / 14:12
4. SVK 0 / 7:16

Last edited:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Standings:
1. CZE 6 / 14:10
2. GER 6 / 10:7
3. SUI 6 / 14:12
4. SVK 0 / 7:16
So after wild game against Switzerland CZE "20" wins tournament in Arosa thanks to +4 GDF. Good work, but they still have a lot of things to think about - loss with Germany and 5 allowed goals in the last game, that shouldn't happen next time.

Goals: 5. Králík (Jaškin), 39. Jaškin (Gutvald) - 35. Nugent-Hopkins, 56. Ouellet, 61. Catenacci.

CZE - #8 Stepan Jenik

No I didn't see it. Bot shots on goal were only 28:21 for Canada, which is good sign I think - considering Canada has probably the best team as usual, that result gives us solid chance in the tournament.

Siftak

May 5, 2010

CZE - #8 Stepan Jenik

I am sorry, but the Best player of the game for team of Canada wasnt Nugent but # 11 Boone Jenner.

I ve been there, and going for tomorrow's match again. Unfourtunately I will see just these two games, but by my opinion these are the 3 best players of each team:
CZE: Honzik, Jenik, Jaskin - anybody else didnt give me any reason to put them here
Honzik didnt give any chance to score, unless that two goals what he couldnt do any better (1:1 - he didnt know that the guy was there and even he will shoot, and 2:2 - the just push that over him), Jenik - so far so good, really good work in defence, but a bit nervous to the offensive. He should be more creative for next games. And Jaskin was only the one who could compare with the CAN guys by there agresivity and hardness.
CAN: Nugent-Hopkins, Teichmann, Murray (I ve been watching the CZE more, so this can not be so sure)

What do you guys think???

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
review of the Arosa tournament: http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&webid=246&id=48704&view=clanek&nazev_seo=dvacitka_zacala_uspesne__kouc_prerost_ale_test_neprecenuje__mame_rezervy__rika_jasne

That part about Straka and Culek is quite dissapointing. I wouldn't be surprised if they won't be invited to WJC. Really don't understand why they can't come to this pre-season tournament, when for example Nestrašil was there. I don't like that - and also when the coach declared before this tournament that everybody has to prove himself and nobody has clinched WJC roster yet.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
That part about Straka and Culek is quite dissapointing. I wouldn't be surprised if they won't be invited to WJC. Really don't understand why they can't come to this pre-season tournament, when for example Nestrašil was there. I don't like that - and also when the coach declared before this tournament that everybody has to prove himself and nobody has clinched WJC roster yet.

Well, they decided to go to their respective NHL rookie camps (if that's what you call them) so I can understand why they didn't go. Then again, I agree that it's a shame, because they might get excluded from the WJC. However, they are both good enough that missing them out just because of this small 'incident' would be stupid. We need every good player we can get because we really don't have that many.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Well, they decided to go to their respective NHL rookie camps (if that's what you call them) so I can understand why they didn't go. Then again, I agree that it's a shame, because they might get excluded from the WJC. However, they are both good enough that missing them out just because of this small 'incident' would be stupid. We need every good player we can get because we really don't have that many.

I agree that we need them - but I think they aren't at NHL rookies camps, but they probably are at pre-season camp of Allan Walsh: http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&webid=421&view=clanek&id=48543

I really don't like that guy recently :rant:

EDIT:

here's another article about those two: http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&webid=246&view=clanek&id=48708&nazev_seo=kemp_misto_reprezentace__jaka_bude_budoucnost_straky_s_culkem_ve_dvacitce_

I think they should at least phone the coach and tell him what they are doing and why.

Last edited:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Ivan Hlinka group games

CZE-USA 2:3
CZE-FIN 4:3
CZE-RUS 3:2

great work of the czech team, when compared to the last year :handclap: We will play semifinal against Canada. Considering our 2:3 OT loss to Canda before the tournament, I hope it will be good game.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Czechs come 4th in the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament, with a 6-1 loss to Sweden in the bronze medal game. A good overall result considering the fact that we beat Russia and Finland. An overview of the tournament is given here, with a small section on Kvapil, Pavelka and Beran being excluded from the last two games owing to a discliplinary breach:

http://www.hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&view=clanek&id=48747

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad