Cyberpunk 2077 - New RPG by CD PROJEKT RED

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Makes you wonder how bad of a state its in where they have to delay it after going gold.

gives this supposed unamed dev and Schreier more cred too, though Schreier is about as legit as you can get in terms of games journalism

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
So what happens if you get this game with the disk version but don't have access to the internet (not saying this is a concern, just a question)? Do they just get a broken game?

Day 0 patches are pretty common. Can't remember the last time I had a PS4 disc that played straight away without any kind of download.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Bugged as in not functional? I really doubt it. Bugged as in not optimized? Definitely, but again I think that's more the rule than exception for modern games.
ya, i don't expect them to ship a game in a non functional state, but not being optimized is such a shame. again i don't think it affects much because most ppl have internet access but I would think a game shouldn't get released until its fully optimized.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
The current gen versions are definitely holding the game back. I would bet money if it wasn't for them, it would've been out on that September date. Expect those versions to be not good.

Reactions: Osprey

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
ya, i don't expect them to ship a game in a non functional state, but not being optimized is such a shame. again i don't think it affects much because most ppl have internet access but I would think a game shouldn't get released until its fully optimized.
3/4 of games nowadays have a day one patch. And have for years.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
3/4 of games nowadays have a day one patch. And have for years.
Most actually do have the full game on the disc though. Most all games require you to store the game on the hard drive (a handful play directly off the disc) but you won't need internet or the day 1 patch to play the full game, with the exception of a handful of games like NBA 2k and multiplayer games.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The current gen versions are definitely holding the game back. I would bet money if it wasn't for them, it would've been out on that September date. Expect those versions to be not good.

That's my guess, as well. I imagine that the game went gold because it runs well on recent hardware (both next-gen consoles and PCs with GPUs less than 4 years old) and they figured that the couple of months between going gold and release would be enough to optimize it for the 7-year-old current-gen consoles, but have discovered that they need more time.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I’m kinda glad, I’m going sober for November and the only struggle I woulda had woulda been not cracking a beer on November 19th and playing Cyberpunk. My hopes are high, and I can understand frustration amongst gamers

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The game got delayed after it went gold?? This is just screaming a huge red flag and a disaster at release...definitely will NOT be a first day buy for me anymore. I'll watch and see how it does when it's released but i'm pretty sure it will not be good.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I feel really bad for everyone working on that game. Apparently many are working 100 hour weeks.
The amount of people saying shit like “oh I work a lot too at least they get paid overtime” is astounding but that’s what you get from GaMeRs

believe me I want this game to come out, I just got a PC for the first time and am looking forward to trying out CyberPunk on it, but this crunch is f***ing garbage and all too prevalent in this industry

Reactions: Static

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
The amount of people saying shit like “oh I work a lot too at least they get paid overtime” is astounding but that’s what you get from GaMeRs

believe me I want this game to come out, I just got a PC for the first time and am looking forward to trying out CyberPunk on it, but this crunch is f***ing garbage and all too prevalent in this industry
I think both sides are a little melodramatic. While it's hypocritical for some of these people to say one thing about CD they would say about EA, they do get paid overtime for crunch. This isn't carrying pipe up scaffolding in northern Alberta winters here.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I think both sides are a little melodramatic. While it's hypocritical for some of these people to say one thing about CD they would say about EA, they do get paid overtime for crunch. This isn't carrying pipe up scaffolding in northern Alberta winters here.
overtime doesn't make 100 f***ing hour work weeks ok. these type of hours should not be normalized.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
overtime doesn't make 100 f***ing hour work weeks ok. these type of hours should not be normalized.
It is normal though. Lots of places have mandatory seasonal overtime, especially contractor jobs. I remember seeing some quotes from people who work at epic and rockstar that were happy about crunch. Now obviously polish studios don't pay as well as epic or rockstar, but still.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
It is normal though. Lots of places have mandatory seasonal overtime, especially contractor jobs. I remember seeing some quotes from people who work at epic and rockstar that were happy about crunch. Now obviously polish studios don't pay as well as epic or rockstar, but still.
It shouldn't be normal, and I'd love to see these quotes. 80-100 work weeks are exceedingly unhealthy, and inhumane, no matter the industry, no matter the compensation, point blank period.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
here's some quotes

"I was perhaps luckier than others," Nosek reflects. "I know stories of divorces, packing on 30 kilograms, etc. But I didn’t come out untouched. I restarted smoking due to crunch. I blame some of my children’s educational struggles on a lack of me being there during their crucial years. I know I should have spent much more time with my wife when we were younger, and so on.
"I recently came across my family photos from that time period and it struck me that I'm sleeping in almost all of them: on the couch, at the table, on the floor of the kids' room..."

Paweł Zawodny, the then-head of production and chief operating officer at Techland, says, "Longer crunches turn me into a mindless zombie. I don't care about anything else in my life other than going to work and trying to get the project finished.
"And getting it out does not make me happy; it’s more like relief than satisfaction. Often when those kind of crunches are done, my immune system just turns off, I guess to reset or something, and I usually get ill."

Crunch: The Video Game Industry's Notorious Labor Problem

But yeah, a couple of people cool with trading their soul and life for some extra money makes it ok.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It shouldn't be normal, and I'd love to see these quotes. 80-100 work weeks are exceedingly unhealthy, and inhumane, no matter the industry, no matter the compensation, point blank period.
I mean I did weeks on weeks of 12-13 hour shifts 6-7 days a week for months at a time in Northern Alberta. People do a lot of things for money. I was paid well enough that it was worth it to me, hopefully these people are paid accordingly for the personal sacrifices they are making and that is the problem if they aren't and not the hours themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad