Cyberpunk 2077 - New RPG by CD PROJEKT RED

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
No offense, but these arguments dont make a lot of sense lol. Working out (or even indoors near a bay door) in a northern alberta winter doing physical work is a cushy job while sitting in front of a computer, probably with a podcast going in one year is a meat grinder? Huh? What does the qualifications of a job have to do with the physical and mental demands? Not really that relevant. I also don't see how being bored in a camp bed is fine while being bored in a bed in your own home is some hellish nightmare. What's the difference. Who says you can't have 3 months off in software? You can quit, I dont think its against the law. If these people are so high skill they can find another job whenever they like. The truth is a lot of people in game development are actually low skill, whether its QA people or some devs who took a one year course at a technical college, there are low skill jobs in game dev. Its definitely a sought after job that allows a lot of young people to be exploited, I agree with that.

Not defending forced crunch to the reported 100 hours Schreier is reporting, just dont see where you're coming from on this one.

I believe I recognized that the work can be very hard, when I said "cushy" maybe not the best word but I was talking about perks and benefits, mainly the time off and rate of pay. By qualifications I mean that a software developer in the video game industry (I'm only focusing on programmers here) can make close to the same amount of money working in say accounting software, which would come without the horrible crunch. Someone working camp in Northern Alberta is not going to get the same opportunity/pay/benefits seeking a 9-5 job in town.

Anyways I don't want to spend to much time clarifying what I was talking about. The point I was making was to the person comparing camp work to software crunch, and that from my perspective as someone who's experienced a bit of both it's apples and oranges. Again I'm focusing on the programmers here, I can't speak to the experience of testers, animators, etc.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
CQ0YZn7_d.jpg

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
They literally confirmed the reason for the delay was because of current gen dog shit consoles not passing the day 1 patch certification. Game is good to go on PC; and next gen consoles.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
The discs were already printed at the start of the month. It's very likely that they sent the gold discs to Sony and/or Microsoft and they didn't approve it.

You have to get approved before even going 'gold'. Probably were approved on the basis the day one patch fixed the big bugs but they didn't finish fixing them in time.

Reactions: GreytWun

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
IGN has an article about a 16 hour preview they had with the usual impressions but the thing that stuck out to me was his praise for how detailed and dense the world is, which leads me to believe the PS4/Xbone versions are either going to run like complete and total ass or there will constant loading screens that aren't there in other versions.

From what he said, the quest list is a giant cluster and depending on how you wanna play, you can go hours without getting into a fight.

I'm still excited for it, and since I don't know when in 21 I'll be getting a ps5, I might get the ps4 version unless it's a completely broken mess

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I haven’t been this hyped for a game in ages. Obviously with how hugely hyped it is now, it’s bound to be a let down for some but every video and clip I see, I get more stoked. 3 weeks!

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
IGN has an article about a 16 hour preview they had with the usual impressions but the thing that stuck out to me was his praise for how detailed and dense the world is, which leads me to believe the PS4/Xbone versions are either going to run like complete and total ass or there will constant loading screens that aren't there in other versions.

From what he said, the quest list is a giant cluster and depending on how you wanna play, you can go hours without getting into a fight.

I'm still excited for it, and since I don't know when in 21 I'll be getting a ps5, I might get the ps4 version unless it's a completely broken mess

Ugh. I hate games like that. Just seems way too overwhelming and that usually means most of the sidequests are super boring. Hoping i'm wrong though.

I'm definitely getting it, but probably not until Jan/Feb. I'll be hooked on AC till then.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I think I am just holding out and will probably make this my first game with the PS5 whenever the hell I manage to get one. I am still rocking a release PS4 and it sounds like a jet engine when I play sport games lol.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Ugh. I hate games like that. Just seems way too overwhelming and that usually means most of the sidequests are super boring. Hoping i'm wrong though.

I'm definitely getting it, but probably not until Jan/Feb. I'll be hooked on AC till then.

Well they also made Witcher 3, and those side quests were anything but boring.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I thought one of the reasons they delayed the game by three weeks was to drop all versions together, including the Series X/PS5 versions? But it seems like they'll just be releasing the Xbox One/PS4 versions that will also work on the next-gen consoles?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I thought one of the reasons they delayed the game by three weeks was to drop all versions together, including the Series X/PS5 versions? But it seems like they'll just be releasing the Xbox One/PS4 versions that will also work on the next-gen consoles?
The next gen versions won’t be out for awhile. Ps4/Xbox One games will work on the new consoles.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I read the IGN preview yesterday and the author was criticizing the quest log, not the actual quests. He even said that he enjoyed every quest. The problem, he said, is that the quest log doesn't give much indication of what the rewards, difficulty levels or proximities are for each quest so it's hard to choose which quest to do next. I think that games like the Borderlands series have spoiled him and the rest of us because we expect such features in our quest logs now.

Another thing that he said is that the game was filled with bugs, which was disappointing to hear. He brushed it off as a "development build," but that "development build" is surely a lot newer than the build that went gold nearly a couple of months ago. Early buyers might want to brace themselves for a buggy experience. That said, he made it clear that, despite the bugs, the game is awesome and unlike anything else that he's played and he can't wait to play it more.

Last edited:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008

to my understanding this game is much shorter than Witcher, so you might like it more

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I don't have any consoles that this is available for, but I read it was planned for Google Stadia. I imagine this will run terrible on that, won't it?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I don't have any consoles that this is available for, but I read it was planned for Google Stadia. I imagine this will run terrible on that, won't it?

I don't see why it would. I think that I read that Stadia servers use the RTX 2080, which is plenty fast enough for the game.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
I read the IGN preview yesterday and the author was criticizing the quest log, not the actual quests. He even said that he enjoyed every quest. The problem, he said, is that the quest log doesn't give much indication of what the rewards, difficulty levels or proximities are for each quest so it's hard to choose which quest to do next. I think that games like the Borderlands series have spoiled him and the rest of us because we expect such features in our quest logs now.

Another thing that he said is that the game was filled with bugs, which was disappointing to hear. He brushed it off as a "development build," but that "development build" is surely a lot newer than the build that went gold nearly a couple of months ago. Early buyers might want to brace themselves for a buggy experience. That said, he made it clear that, despite the bugs, the game is awesome and unlike anything else that he's played and he can't wait to play it more.

Not that it’s an excuse or anything but The Witcher 3 to this day is buggy as shit. I’d imagine whatever build these guys played is with out the massive patch that will be available day one. Can’t see it fixing everything but like the IGN guy said, it’s still a game made by humans.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Fingers crossed that we won't get a further delay – impulse got the better of me today and I preordered. I have a huge amount of work ahead of me in the next few weeks, which incidently wraps up the day before the release, so it seemed like good timing. I was kind of planning to wait and see with reviews, maybe a further price cut after a little while because I have a number of other games in the backlog, etc. But watching some positive videos and the timing got the best of me. I also suspect it won't be lower than $50 for some time.

I actually have not played the Witcher 3 which I guess might not be too uncommon but I suspect is still pretty anomolous for those now going in on day 1.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

Unless you have a subpar internet connection it should run fine on there. And this is the type of niche where a service like Stadia should be useful, with a new game setting new high benchmark specs that your current system can't meet. If you want to play it now but can't afford to build a new rig, this gives you a new option.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Rumors of a big downgrade on console, probably best to pick this up on PC or wait for the next gen console version

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad