Cyberpunk 2077 - New RPG by CD PROJEKT RED

Sotty

Nov 1, 2004
Westfalen
The recommended specs are for 1080p only. Specs for higher resolutions will be released at a later date.

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
Only 70gb....? Not saying it's not a lot, but nowadays, it kinda isn't for a game supposedly this big

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I almost exactly meet the minimum requirements for CPU and GPU.

It is a good day.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The recommended specs are for 1080p only. Specs for higher resolutions will be released at a later date.
How much better is a 4k picture than a 1080p picture when playing?

I feel like I wouldn't be able to tell enough of a difference for it to be a major problem.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa

I feel like I wouldn't be able to tell enough of a difference for it to be a major problem.

Depends on how big the screen is and how far away you are from the screen.

I would say yes, I definitely notice a difference when I'm say 4-5 feet away from the 4K monitor I have. 1080p looks much less sharp than 4K.

Now is that experience worth thousands of dollars to me? Nah. Would 1440p do a good enough job for me? Probably.

In terms of consoles and TV my couch is far enough away I don't really notice a major difference for videos at least. Haven't tried gaming yet in 4K.

Reactions: Osprey

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

4k is definitely noticeable (the image is a lot sharper) but it isn't like it makes 1080 look bad.

It is also very, very demanding. It isn't worth it unless you want the best of the best and are willing to pay for it.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
welp time to upgrade the old 1080ti. It has served me well and my decision to skip the 2000 series looks good.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
CDPR says the game is a bit shorter than The Witcher 3 because they received complaints that TW3's main story was "too long." Who are these crazy people and why is CDPR talking to them?

Reactions: Khelandros

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
CDPR says the game is a bit shorter than The Witcher 3 because they received complaints that TW3's main story was "too long." Who are these crazy people and why is CDPR talking to them?
The main quest could have absolutely been shorter. There were so many filler quests in the main plotline and it dragged on at some point, and this is coming from someone whose favourite game of all time is the Witcher 3.

A more focused main quest with more of the self-contained side quests that made the Witcher 3 a masterpiece will potentially allow Cyberpunk to surpass it. Plus, I think the idea behind Cyberpunk is that you need to play this game multiple times. While a single playthrough may be shorter than the Witcher 3, the level of replayability makes it actually have "more" content.

Reactions: Beau Knows

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ugh.

I must say, I dislike forced replayability for RPGs.

I only have so much time so typically I’m more of a completionist as I don’t like re-doing parts of the game.

I’ll reinstall it years later once the memories fade a bit but I don’t like the idea of missing out on content unless I restart.

Anyway, I’ll still get it, just my opinion on that aspect.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Ugh.

I must say, I dislike forced replayability for RPGs.

I only have so much time so typically I’m more of a completionist as I don’t like re-doing parts of the game.

I’ll reinstall it years later once the memories fade a bit but I don’t like the idea of missing out on content unless I restart.

Anyway, I’ll still get it, just my opinion on that aspect.

If you don't like having to sink at least three playthroughs to do everything there's to see, you don't like RPGs. ;)

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I would argue that if a supposed RPG doesn't give you multiple ways to play with differing outcomes based on your actions, its not an RPG.

True, I guess the question is how much of the game is locked behind these decisions. A classic like KOTOR provided a number of branching paths, but few took away entire storylines or gameplay levels if memory serves correctly. Based on promises, CP2077 is going the extra mile.

Objectively, this allows for a richer experience knowing a decision enabled opportunities at the expense of others, but it sucks for those OCD completionists (not an insult) who want to see everything the game has to offer while also juggling work, family and, if they're religious, Sunday Football.

For myself, I'll probably play it once every couple years if it hits the mark, so it's not too much of a problem.

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I would argue that if a supposed RPG doesn't give you multiple ways to play with differing outcomes based on your actions, its not an RPG.

I don't mind differing decisions, but I don't like to see entire maps or quests blocked off.

For example, with Fallout 4, I basically ran all four factions with the same character up to the point where the game essentially tells you that you have to pick one. The same applied with Pillars of Eternity 2.

My in-character rationale was that, they all are in fact "improving" the environment and gathering intelligence on each was useful in the end anyway.

Obviously I missed some content but not a lot, which is fine. I didn't want to have to restart the game every time to see the lion's share of each faction's missions.

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

There are a couple of ways you can do it to give the appearance of choice, but what's being talked about here is a branching/closed path mechanic which isn't new with CD Projekt Red as they did this with The Witcher 2. We're talking about video games here, not pen & paper, game length is a finite resource. There's no such thing as a 'choose your own adventure' novel where each path is the length of a regular novel, linear vs choice is going to have the same page count so with choice you're chopping up the total run time of a single read through with every branching path.

So another person who is typically only going to play a game once, a setup like TW2 means I'm going to miss have the game. Like I picked the Roche path for part 2 and for the final boss fighting a dragon I had no idea what was up with that until I played TW3. Which has a softer approach to 'choice' where you're decisions only bring up different story outcomes at specific points, so whether you romance Trish or Yennifer or both becomes essentially meaningless in the grand scheme of things but you do get to basically see everything in a single play through.

Cyberpunk should be great either way but I'll always take the latter approach above for a video game RPG.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I locked in my pre-order on Amazon today. It looks like the "release date delivery" feature which vanished for a while is back with Prime plus the $10 discount.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
So what happens if you get this game with the disk version but don't have access to the internet (not saying this is a concern, just a question)? Do they just get a broken game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->