Cyberpunk 2077 - New RPG by CD PROJEKT RED

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I'm actually pretty happy with this news, this is one game I didn't want to wait on and I wanted to try to enjoy the spring/summer outside with my newish dog (hiking, camping, beach, etc). This will give me something to do during the depressing late fall/winter without having to avoid spoilers for 6 months.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I didn't think it would make it out this year even before COVID happened.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
varD9P.gif

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Not sure why they keep committing to a date at this point. It just looks bad even if it’s for a good reason to delay

Agree with this criticism. Should honestly just stick to release windows at worst. Maybe it has to do with some directives from Sony/Microsoft/Google for all we know, which wouldn't be their fault.

I won't harp on CDPR for taking very early pre-orders, that's on me for performing an act of faith; having said that, I won't have the time to play it at release anymore.* Better off canceling the order and getting the game when I won't be overloaded with studies, or maybe during a flash sale or something. Not worth paying something full price if I won't use it for some time. I'll see if they announce anything for those who pre-ordered the game at the Night Wire event, maybe a character creator demo or something.

Learned my lesson, for the final time.

*And this is assuming it won't get delayed again.

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The game was Master of Orion 3.

Master of Orion was a classic - the first real space based 4X strategy game for PC.

They followed that up with the more sophisticated yet equally entertaining Master of Orion 2: Battle at Antares.

So, I pre-bought Master of Orion 3 - and it was a giant pile of dogshit. And I never pre-bought any game again.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
:lol: Ha Ha!

I loved both of the first two Master of Orion games and remember buying II, but waited for reviews of III. Of course, that didn't make it feel much less disappointing. In fact, come to think of it, I don't think that I've ever actually played it. The reviews were so disappointing that I never even bothered, even after getting it for free.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
:lol: Ha Ha!

I loved both of the first two Master of Orion games and remember buying II, but waited for reviews of III. Of course, that didn't make it feel much less disappointing. In fact, come to think of it, I don't think that I've ever actually played it. The reviews were so disappointing that I never even bothered, even after getting it for free.

From Wikipedia:

This is generally attributed to an unwieldy and cumbersome user interface, poor space battle AI, a number of software bugs that caused the game to crash and were never fixed (save for the two patches that addressed a few of the worst bugs, Infogrames provided no support following the game's release), the suppression of many popular features of the previous games (such as genocide and refitting of obsolete space ships) combined with the absence of many of the promised new features (such as racial ethos systems and colonization of moons and asteroids, as opposed to the player being limited to planets), and lack of micromanagement or the general character and charm of the predecessors. One significant problem was poor enemy AI (although subsequent community-created unofficial patches made small improvements).

None of the original development team was involved in the production.[citation needed]

LOL, pretty much the entire game sucked.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I'm pumped to see this gameplay footage tonight.

Don't know if I've ever been as hyped for a game. Maybe Mass Effect 3? The awesome subject matter plus the fact it's being developed by CD Projekt Red has expectations really high.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I watched a few YouTube videos from some people that got to play the game for ~5 hours or so and my hype has only increased, and I never have hype for anything anymore. No idea if these thoughts are considered spoilers but I'll tag them just in case:

The fact that there are three unique starting "zones" in such a massive project is awesome. I can already see myself replaying the game to experience those zones and how they affect the story/interactions with NPCs. Just wish the melee combat wasn't harped on by just about everyone, as that means there are some obvious flaws with that game mechanic. Hopefully CDPR takes the next few months and irons out the issues people have with the melee combat. And even if they don't, it sounds like the positives vastly outweigh the negatives.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I've only played ten hours or so of The Witcher - one game I plan on going back to in the future - and my main hope is that Projekt Red really fixes their player movement (it's on the same level of Rockstar bad, which is one of the worst for a AAA company). Thus far, we have gotten gameplay, but it seems to me that it has been highly structured and very animated versions and not really showing you walking in the public with a controller.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Thought it was pretty cool to see popular twitch streamer CohhCarnage reveal this week they put him in the game as an NPC with -90 line of voice acted dialogue he recorded for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad