Cyberpunk 2077 - New RPG by CD PROJEKT RED

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Seems to be a step down graphically from last years video, hopefully this is just running the console version.

The demo was too choppy to get a lot out of tbh, would have liked to see another longer gameplay video like last time.

Last year's was probably a lot more of a manufactured demo than this year's. I imagine that if they went off script last year, the world would have been fairly empty, and all the extra processes that are now in play result in lower graphical capacity. The graphics still look great, and what I noticed was a large improvement in sound design for gunplay.

They were never going to have another massive gameplay demo, because it is less tractable with the general consumer than a well-devised marketing video that they showed this year.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Apparently cut scenes are now in first person as well. Not sure what the point of customization is if you never see the character.

It was first mentioned by a dev on Facebook (think it was FB)

edit: (CDPR has neither confirmed nor denied it)

Last edited:

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Apparently cut scenes are now in first person as well. Not sure what the point of customization is if you never see the character.

You'll still see yourself in the occasional cutscene.

The overall narrative structure is designed for first person, which explains why they don't give the option for third person. It does kind of nullify the point of customization, but I've personally never been one to care too much for how my character look.

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
The recent video was cool but all the explaining kind of detracted from it IMO. would have preferred just ten-fifteen minutes of gameplay with no voiceover, it wasn't as compelling as I thought it would be in the first couple minutes

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

I believe you will still see your characters in menus and the like, but yeah it does have less of an impact.

First person in "romance" scenes seems....awkward...

While I'm someone who very much prefers third person in games, I do see what they are going for with the implant interfaces, etc. in terms of immersion. I think it will work just fine.

That said, if someone does come up with a good third person mod, I'll probably check it out. :laugh:

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
This better be some awesome co-op ****. Like, I'm not too much for PvP with something like this, but co-op could be so ****ing good.
I'd be really excited for co-op as well, but I don't think it is going to be. Doubt I'd ever bother with any PVP multiplayer.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I didn't even consider co-op. I'm not sure I'd want to play a game like this as a PVP game though. I haven't heard particularly great things about the combat and that's going to translate very poorly for an online multiplayer if it's PVP.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I'm just glad it seems to be more of an after-thought. Make the single player campaign as good as it can be, then focus on MP.

It was inevitable that MP would find its way into this, there is so much damn money to make with MP in games.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
I'm just glad it seems to be more of an after-thought. Make the single player campaign as good as it can be, then focus on MP.

It was inevitable that MP would find its way into this, there is so much damn money to make with MP in games.

I would be a little surprised to see CDPR implement the usual suite of multiplayer money-making mechanics, but I wouldn't exactly blame them (given how much money that stuff pulls in, as you mentioned).

"Disappointed" might be the right word, actually....

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I would be a little surprised to see CDPR implement the usual suite of multiplayer money-making mechanics, but I wouldn't exactly blame them (given how much money that stuff pulls in, as you mentioned).

"Disappointed" might be the right word, actually....

Ah well, I get the anger on that front but I don't play multiplayer anything that isn't local so I will not care at all.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
Ah well, I get the anger on that front but I don't play multiplayer anything that isn't local so I will not care at all.

Hey, as long as it doesn't negatively impact the single player experience, I'm good.

Given that CDPR has sort of painted themselves as the good guys in that area (and for good reason), it would be disappointing in a sense.

I broke my "no pre-ordering without major incentive" rule and pre-ordered it off of their own platform in GOG. If anyone has earned it at this point, it's CDPR.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I think an important part is in their second tweet which doesn't always get seen. They will be introducing multiplayer after releasing single player DLCs(note the plural).

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Their DLCs that are free are just going to weapons and small quests, like in the Witcher 3.

Heart of Stone and Blood and Wine were termed "expansions".

Reactions: Bocephus86

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Hey, as long as it doesn't negatively impact the single player experience, I'm good.

Given that CDPR has sort of painted themselves as the good guys in that area (and for good reason), it would be disappointing in a sense.

I broke my "no pre-ordering without major incentive" rule and pre-ordered it off of their own platform in GOG. If anyone has earned it at this point, it's CDPR.
They've generated a bit of ill will with Gwent in regards to their changing policies on consumables. If they had come out and were consistent about how things were purchased (in game currency vs real currency) I think people would be fine. But they've gone from allowing things to be purchased with in game currencies to only allowing certain vanity items to be purchased with real currency, but did not communicate this with the players before making the change. Which made the in game currency practically useless to players that have been playing for a long time. So, given how they've acted in this case, I won't be surprised at all to see some type of loot box or whatever available in their multiplayer for Cyberpunk.

Commander Clueless

Sep 10, 2008
They've generated a bit of ill will with Gwent in regards to their changing policies on consumables. If they had come out and were consistent about how things were purchased (in game currency vs real currency) I think people would be fine. But they've gone from allowing things to be purchased with in game currencies to only allowing certain vanity items to be purchased with real currency, but did not communicate this with the players before making the change. Which made the in game currency practically useless to players that have been playing for a long time. So, given how they've acted in this case, I won't be surprised at all to see some type of loot box or whatever available in their multiplayer for Cyberpunk.

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that.

Ill will well deserved.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

st4.jpg

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

If they have multiplayer in R&D I'd assume they'd have to be looking at some form of a GTA online mode wouldn't they?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
That thing about the whole game now being first person seems like a pretty massive change to make this late in the process.

My interest in this game is significantly diminished (not that I was ever particularly hyped).

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
If the gameplay and story is good, I will easily let it slide.

Its not that it being a third person game is important to me. Its just that making such a big change this late in the process tells me they might be having larger issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad