cya clarky

Status
Not open for further replies.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
Wasn't it rumored that he was crying because he thought he was being traded in a package for Kovy?

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Wasn't it rumored that he was crying because he thought he was being traded in a package for Kovy?

Yea by some fat guy who calls other people fat and writes up threads on the Rangers board about his draft day being the man in the know :laugh:

Take him very seriously

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
Well that guy did say that Kovy was going to the Devils before anyone else and now he's saying:

Dagoon44: Clarkson to Edmonton seems done

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
@SunGarrioch
Can confirm free agent New Jersey forward David Clarkson was in Ottawa for a visit Thursday. Not sure if he went anywhere else

DevilsJunkie

Jul 28, 2009
Biggest Little City
Clarkie is hockey's version of Rosanna (or is Patricia?) Arquette: she is either the ugliest pretty girl or prettiest ugly girl you've ever seen. There are a number of positives that Clarkson brings to a hockey team both on the ice and off. However, he looks so awkward doing it that on those occasions where he's not producing you want him gone. But when he is producing, the team (usually) is steam-rolling.

NJD Kula

THE SPITFIRES LINE
Jan 16, 2009
По&#1082
www.rshl.org
Well that guy did say that Kovy was going to the Devils before anyone else and now he's saying:

Dagoon44: Clarkson to Edmonton seems done

I believe he's rather close to Clarky so I'll buy that.

At 6mil+ for the Oilers it might not be too bad as that team has absolutely no grit. With all that young talent up front it'll probably be the best fit for him too. I think it's still crazy money though and now they must buyout/trade Hemsky since they'll need to resign Gagner and find a goalie.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
I can see a team like Edmonton giving him the big bucks too, which is worth it for them. But for us? I think its a sign with Elias 5.5 contract that clarkie aint gettin more than 5 here. Just a hunch, but I see Lou offering him a 6 year 4.7 per year deal and telling him good luck if he wants more. I just dont see Lou giving Clarkson the same amount as Elias, and I dont think he should as well.

Zelmo

Jun 18, 2012
Woodstock, GA
I want him to go to Toronto so I can listen to him get eviscerated by the media/fans the first time he falls in the first preseason game.

B A T M A N

I want him to go to Toronto so I can listen to him get eviscerated by the media/fans the first time he falls in the first preseason game.
Leaf fans are used to Phaneuf falling every other shift. Trust me, they will get used to it...

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
1)I don't really care that Clarkson is a bad skater. Nor do I care much that he plays less then a complete game. If he can play physical and score goals, which he has done fairly well throughout his career, then I'm cool with him.

2)If mgmt of these other teams throughout the NHL are not aware of his shortcomings, and they are not aware that their fanbase may turn on the guy given those shortcomings, then how the heck are they in the positions they are in?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What is with this Dagoon guy? I'll tell you what, if Clarkson to Edmonton really becomes true then I'd like to hear what else this guy knows.

Until then though, I really don't think he'll go to Edmonton.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What is with this Dagoon guy? I'll tell you what, if Clarkson to Edmonton really becomes true then I'd like to hear what else this guy knows.

Ya but wasn't he also saying we were after Bobby Ryan on draft day? Ended up very wrong with that one. Fact he posted that like right after the news broke Clarkson was in Ottawa means I think he doesn't know as much as he thinks.

I do agree it seems Canada, NJ, or bust for Clarkson.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

He brought up us acquiring Kovy ahead of time so automatically that made him "credible"

But apparently its cool to parade around an internet forum claiming to be in the know because you had a few conversations with some professional athletes :laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He brought up us acquiring Kovy ahead of time so automatically that made him "credible"

But apparently its cool to parade around an internet forum claiming to be in the know because you had a few conversations with some professional athletes :laugh:
He has some contacts on the team, I'd say he may hear more than the average fan but he's not a solid source.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

I don't doubt that he might have find that out before it happened, but I don't think he knows every move the organization makes.:laugh:

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
He has some contacts on the team, I'd say he may hear more than the average fan but he's not a solid source.

Great, good for him but is it necessary to tell everybody about it and make sure people know about it, on the internet?

I see and talk to pro athletes, some of them the same ones, several times each week as a result of my work, but do I feel the need to go tell everybody about it and act like I'm being fed valuable information and turning it into something that it isn't? No because its silly

It's more of a look-at-me thing for him and if it gets him out of bed, so it be

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor
Is David Clarkson much different than Ryan Malone was 5 years ago? Malone had 3 years in TB similar to his best year, but not better.

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor
If Lou and Conte wouldn't give Clarkson what he wanted, should other teams hesitate? #Devils #UFA

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Ryan Malone seems like the right comparable.

And even more reason to stay away.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
@aaronward_nhl: Sources confirming David Clarkson met with the Edmonton Oilers today in Edmonton. #TSN

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Clarkson and that goon character must be bros.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad