Confirmed with Link: Curtis Lazar to Buffalo. 1 year, $700k

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
No, they send him down to help the farm drive long and deep into the Calder Cup playoffs, giving what prospects they have down there exposure to hopefully winning playoff hockey. They send him down to make their farm club better and the long-term development better AND give the Amerk fan base something to cheer about.
Might as well send everyone eligible on the nhl roster then no?

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
No, they send him down to help the farm drive long and deep into the Calder Cup playoffs, giving what prospects they have down there exposure to hopefully winning playoff hockey. They send him down to make their farm club better and the long-term development better AND give the Amerk fan base something to cheer about.
can you send Joki and pilut down as well ? or not joki cause he hasn't played an ahl game this season ? hows that work ?

Edit : never mind apparently i can't read

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
can you send Joki and pilut down as well ? or not joki cause he hasn't played an ahl game this season ? hows that work ?

Edit : never mind apparently i can't read
Anyone with waiver exemption (or who has cleared waivers and can still be sent down due to that) can be sent down before the trade deadline to make them eligible for loan later in the year. Jokiharju and Dahlin will still have waiver exemption then, as will Asplund. They could all theoretically be sent down, although I doubt they do that with anyone other than Asplund (and in his case, he might be sent down before that point anyway). Pilut and Olofsson could each have their waiver exemption end before the end of the season, though (it's likely in Olofsson's case, depending on when he comes back). Even if a team has a ton of waiver exempt players, they can't send everyone down on deadline day, though. Teams can't loan themselves below the minimum NHL roster limit.

Reactions: Chainshot

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Anyone with waiver exemption (or who has cleared waivers and can still be sent down due to that) can be sent down before the trade deadline to make them eligible for loan later in the year. Jokiharju and Dahlin will still have waiver exemption then, as will Asplund. They could all theoretically be sent down, although I doubt they do that with anyone other than Asplund (and in his case, he might be sent down before that point anyway). Pilut and Olofsson could each have their waiver exemption end before the end of the season, though (it's likely in Olofsson's case, depending on when he comes back). Even if a team has a ton of waiver exempt players, they can't send everyone down on deadline day, though. Teams can't loan themselves below the minimum NHL roster limit.
It would be pretty hilarious though if that did happen Lmao

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Good to see love for my boy Lazar! Seriously though, wasn’t sure on the signing but thought he looked real good in limited preseason action, felt he shoulda made the cut. Now he’s delivered a spark just when the Sabres needed it, big fan I am. Gotta give Botts credit on this one, he seems to have found a guy hungry to get back into the league for real. Also hungry for burgers. Lazar-us, bring our season back from the dead!

Reactions: k8prisoner

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I was very much "meh" about the signing and figured it was an organizational depth move. I really don't know too much about him except through looking at his stats - which seem underwhelming, especially in Calgary with 3 goals over 2+ seasons. I also remember - and I think I've got this right - that Ottawa would not release him for the '15 WJC unless he was named captain - thus eliminating that possibility for Sam.

In Buffalo, I'm liking what I see so far. Looks like he's reinventing himself and showing he wants to play in the league. Maybe for once we will see a player make the transformation from the guy on the first few pages of this thread to a legit NHLer. I'm rooting for him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I was very much "meh" about the signing and figured it was an organizational depth move. I really don't know too much about him except through looking at his stats - which seem underwhelming, especially in Calgary with 3 goals over 2+ seasons. I also remember - and I think I've got this right - that Ottawa would not release him for the '15 WJC unless he was named captain - thus eliminating that possibility for Sam.

In Buffalo, I'm liking what I see so far. Looks like he's reinventing himself and showing he wants to play in the league. Maybe for once we will see a player make the transformation from the guy on the first few pages of this thread to a legit NHLer. I'm rooting for him.

He certainly has embraced the role, keeping it simple and just playing basic hockey. And that's not a bad thing. They need to find more.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Lazar eats his wings with ranch
picard-facepalm.jpg

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
It's still early but what do people think about resigning him?

Hard yes for me, I have lofty aspirations that one of these years we'll stumble into our own Brett Connolly-esque reclamation project. For now, Lazar is the one carrying the torch for this dream.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad