Confirmed with Link: Curtis Lazar to Buffalo. 1 year, $700k

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
Ok. Depth option. probably hungry given it could be a final chance. Doesnt hurt

I remember he looked money in the bank at the 2015 WJCs. Since then? Uhh.....He ate a burger once on the ice that was thrown?

Probably hungry all the time, given that he's willing to eat food that's thrown onto the ice...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What's the scouting report on Lazar? Does he have hockey IQ issues? How is his speed/skating?

The classic all tools, no toolbox guy who got a lot of love for his U20's performance when he was physically more advanced than his peers. He skates well, but there isn't a lot there at the NHL level. He'd be great in Rochester.

Reactions: Mitts888

Jamie Walker

May 2, 2004
Hamilton, Ont.
wanted to bump this thread. I think he'll be great for this team. loved him in the u20's chain mentioned. I think he'll make the team, and really surprise. (how much will we have to pay him next year?)

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
We don't have to pay him anything next year. If he earns a call up and plays reasonably well, he could get another sweetheart contract like the one he'll be on this year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
wanted to bump this thread. I think he'll be great for this team. loved him in the u20's chain mentioned. I think he'll make the team, and really surprise. (how much will we have to pay him next year?)

He was good in that series because he was so much more physically mature than his opponents. When it actually came time to play against people who were able to catch up to him in muscle mass? He struggled terribly to be a consistent, productive NHL player. He seems likely to be an Amerk all year.

Last edited:

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Good solid AHL signing. Botts should get credit for revitalizing Rochester have they struggled mightily under Murray.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You hand him a raise and NHL contract you don’t send him to Rochester. He goes home and prepares for his role next year in Buffalo...

No, they send him down to help the farm drive long and deep into the Calder Cup playoffs, giving what prospects they have down there exposure to hopefully winning playoff hockey. They send him down to make their farm club better and the long-term development better AND give the Amerk fan base something to cheer about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad