Confirmed with Link: Curtis Lazar to Buffalo. 1 year, $700k

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
He’s a nice guy... and his AHL production wasn’t awful I guess. Could be an energy 4th liner, but I can see why Calgary didn’t want to offer him a 1-way deal. Wish him the best of luck.
JoeBoo is just finishing two teams . I'm entertained by the scraps and zoo animals . Hopefully they all will punch you in the face if you disrespect their new team.
And love the Tage interview where he has put on ten lbs . The kids may work and will himself into JB s own Thachuk

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Lazar will provide depth to a thin center position in the organization. Botterill will state that Lazar was signed to compete for a spot in training camp. Long shot, but in my opinion his chances are not much different than Asplund in winning a spot or being first call-up.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
First highlight on Youtube when searching him:

That's some Dale McCourt-level stuff right there.

Wouldn't we rather throw a contract slot at, say, one of the guys who was impressive at dev camp instead? Or do they think they can fix this guy with gastric bypass?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Wouldn't we rather throw a contract slot at, say, one of the guys who was impressive at dev camp instead? Or do they think they can fix this guy with gastric bypass?

I remain hopeful that this is just a way to make sure Rochester has a vet #1 center. A one-way deal means whoever claims him, if they were to assign him, still has to pay him in full.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I remain hopeful that this is just a way to make sure Rochester has a vet #1 center. A one-way deal means whoever claims him, if they were to assign him, still has to pay him in full.

Fingers crossed... but history tells us otherwise

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Pretty sure its gonna be a one way deal in the NHL. Rumor I heard was that apparently Calgary wanted to sign him for a two way deal but he didnt want to play in the AHL so if a team is offering a 1 way deal and he knows this could be his last chance why not take the destination that gurantee you NHL playing time?

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Pretty sure its gonna be a one way deal in the NHL. Rumor I heard was that apparently Calgary wanted to sign him for a two way deal but he didnt want to play in the AHL so if a team is offering a 1 way deal and he knows this could be his last chance why not take the destination that gurantee you NHL playing time?

Being guaranteed a salary is not playing time. He can easily be sent to minors at zero risk

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

He took the AHL assignment last year to play. And 1-way vs. 2-way deals only impact salary, there is no guarantee of being in the NHL on one. This isn't EA console hockey.

And please feel free to post your sources.

Being guaranteed a salary is not playing time. He can easily be sent to minors at zero risk

Exactly. Just like with guys like Porter and COR, the 1-way part of the deal actually makes it less likely for teams to claim a guy because it pushes a bit on their budget.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
What is the issue with having a guy like this as the 13/14th F on the Sabres?

Surely it's better to have a good character warming the bench instead of a more promising player who would be better served with the ice time on the minors?

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Not sure why we qualified Remi Elie.
Elie is exempt from the veteran rule, so he'll be waived and sent to Rochester as an injury call-up guy. He was excellent on the Amerks, no reason not to keep him there.

He adds nothing to the big club and just takes away development time for the Amerks. He has proven he is not an NHL player so please no nhl contract.

You couldn't be any more off-base with this to be honest. The Amerks are completely depleted of any forward depth going into next season. It was a given that they were going to have to dig into free agency in order to fill the void.

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary

Lazar, as everyone is legally obligated to say, is a super nice guy.

He's a forgettable hockey player. He has been given more chances to succeed than he deserves because he had a prestigious junior career and he was a 1st round pick. Were he taken in the fifth round, teams would rightly look at him as AHL filler.

He's an extremely limited player who provides no offense. At best he's a meat shield, but he's not even good at that.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Elie is exempt from the veteran rule, so he'll be waived and sent to Rochester as an injury call-up guy. He was excellent on the Amerks, no reason not to keep him there.

You couldn't be any more off-base with this to be honest. The Amerks are completely depleted of any forward depth going into next season. It was a given that they were going to have to dig into free agency in order to fill the void.

Hear, hear! The Amerks are about to lose all of (or almost all of ) the development forward talent off of last year's team. To put a competitive roster on the ice, they're going to have to find a way to score some goals so that the dev-side guys on defense and in goal aren't stuck in the morass of a losing team. Getting a very good AHL-level scorer (or three) would mitigate those graduations and keep the team competitive.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->