HF Habs: Current Standings Thread: Wrong Way for Wright (New Management edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
If there's one thing this board is not rooted in, it's logic. People just never own up their bad takes.

This team just went on a five-game winning streak and barely budged. There's no realistic amount of winning that's going to get them out of the basement. But people still worry about every loss because they refuse to think things through logically. Nothing is getting jeopardized and it's obvious Gorton/Hughes have (rightfully so) no intention of tanking. Because you don't need to tank to rebuild.
Everybody is aware of that but paranoia has it's name due to it's nature of being unrealistic. You don't need to tank to rebuild but you have to draft really well to get elite pieces. The probability of acquiring elite pieces is maximized at the top of the first round which is why tanking is equated with rebuilding.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
If there's one thing this board is not rooted in, it's logic. People just never own up their bad takes.

This team just went on a five-game winning streak and barely budged. There's no realistic amount of winning that's going to get them out of the basement. But people still worry about every loss because they refuse to think things through logically. Nothing is getting jeopardized and it's obvious Gorton/Hughes have (rightfully so) no intention of tanking. Because you don't need to tank to rebuild.
Yes you do have to tank to rebuild. The evidence is pretty clear.

This is a tanking thread. If you don't agree that's fine. Just don't waste our time with your anti tanking arguments here. LSHAP made the thread rules clear.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

You need to tank to rebuild. This is proven and has been done for decades.

You think Arizona management is trying to win? 12ufa players , all scrap and washed players. Banking picks. If it's not tanking i wonder what it is.
Perhaps the players on the ice are not tanking but it doesn't need a huge understanding that they have 0 f***ing talent and non talented roster except for like 2 players.

Habs are doing the same.

Toffoli was traded due to his value being at the highest.

Hugues and Gorton are not in position to compete when they yave to shred bad contracts and you do that by selling and then you put a shit roster to get thr the best pick possible.

Also this is a tank thread , this team sucks , the roster is filled with secondary players overpaid.

People are so blind from the lack of talent we missed for decades they think Chariot is a top 4 dman in a good playoff team.

Salary cap is full for next season and people think we will get 2 ufa in Letang and Giroux we will be a playoff team lmao

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
I guess having the rules stickied as the first post of every page isn’t doing the trick. Maybe make the ground rules flash in bright red colours or something. Weird to be judged for wanting a great team for years to come rather than finishing middle of the pack year in and year out.

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
You need to tank to rebuild. This is proven and has been done for decades.

You think Arizona management is trying to win? 12ufa players , all scrap and washed players. Banking picks. If it's not tanking i wonder what it is.
Perhaps the players on the ice are not tanking but it doesn't need a huge understanding that they have 0 f***ing talent and non talented roster except for like 2 players.

Habs are doing the same.

Toffoli was traded due to his value being at the highest.

Hugues and Gorton are not in position to compete when they yave to shred bad contracts and you do that by selling and then you put a shit roster to get thr the best pick possible.

Also this is a tank thread , this team sucks , the roster is filled with secondary players overpaid.

People are so blind from the lack of talent we missed for decades they think Chariot is a top 4 dman in a good playoff team.

Salary cap is full for next season and people think we will get 2 ufa in Letang and Giroux we will be a playoff team lmao

Amen. People are so blind. 5 wins +lebrun tweet about ufa and half the habs fans are back saying retool 1 year instead of rebuild. We don’t have a #1 D, a 1C and price is most likely done. We have 3rd and 4th liners being paid 3mills. Gally at 6…

A full rebuild is def needed

Last edited:

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
I’m enjoying the team this season tbh. Under Ducharme I loved tanking and ever since Marty came in I’ve loved winning and have enjoyed watching the games again. Under Marty, whether they win or lose, it’s a win-win either way in my opinion. At this point I’m just hoping to stay as low in the standings as possible while keeping morale up on the team, letting the kids develop and having fun and winning a few games here and there. Players not competing and legit tanking ain’t cool but there is nothing wrong with losing if you try your best to win but just aren’t good enough. That’s how I see things.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Buffalo winning was nice in two ways; they pad their lead away from us but more importantly, it just further exposes the Laffs as pretenders.

Seattle winning was huge though. The tank needed that. On that note:

We nEEd MoAR LoSseS and TrADe EVEry1! PaIn 4 ShANE!!

:rolleyes: :sarcasm:

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Yes you do have to tank to rebuild. The evidence is pretty clear.

This is a tanking thread. If you don't agree that's fine. Just don't waste our time with your anti tanking arguments here. LSHAP made the thread rules clear.
Hallelujah, I love this thread

Reactions: Gravity

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
STOP SAYING ARIZONA in this thread, they always get scored on when they are mentioned haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany