HF Habs: Current Standings Thread: Wrong Way for Wright (New Management edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Top 5, they only lotto for the first 2 picks now.

So if you're last you can pick 1,2,3,4
2nd, 1-2-3-4
etc.

So if the Habs pass Seattle, they would be able to pick 1 or 2 from a lotto win, or 5th because 2 teams behind them jumped.

I completely forgot they had changed it. A little more encouraging. Still, I’d like that Top 3 pick.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The jockeying in the east looks more like a scuffle for the best pick possible rather than a wild card race, :ha:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Don't ruin my dreams like that I need Cooley or Slakovsky available at our pick or we sucked all year for nothing.

I said Top 3 but it could have very well been a clear Top 4 if Jiricek didn’t get hurt. Now I’d like to see him bounce back in time to prove his potential.

Reactions: habsfan891

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
The issue is if you’re 3rd worst, there’s still a possibility you only draft 6th. To me there’s a clear Top 3 at the moment. The next 3 are still good, but a notch below.
We will be top 3 post lotto no worries :D

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I still think Wright is alone in his tier. After him you got Cooley, Nemec, Slafkovsky and maybe Jiricek.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This Habs team was never bottom-3. Let's consider ourselves lucky everything went wrong as long as it did and we still have a legit shot at a top-3 pick. It's possible with NHL-level goaltending the team floats as high as 6th or 7th worst, but there's no plausible way they fall out of a top-10 pick.

Let's not discount the value of watching Caufield find his NHL game the past month - 6-4-10 in his last 9 games.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
This Habs team was never bottom-3. Let's consider ourselves lucky everything went wrong as long as it did and we still have a legit shot at a top-3 pick. It's possible with NHL-level goaltending the team floats as high as 6th or 7th worst, but there's no plausible way they fall out of a top-10 pick.

Let's not discount the value of watching Caufield find his NHL game the past month - 6-4-10 in his last 9 games.

But we’ve seen better Habs teams (record wise) pick 3rd overall. If the worst Habs team in history doesn’t get a Top 5 pick, it’ll be a massive disappointed.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

This team has bottom 3 dman pairing. Perhaps not for offense but they sure do defensively

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
At this point, we are going to select a pretty good player. Bottom 8 is pretty lock to me (with 13-33-7, it's obvious that we don't going to be better than 25OV, so top 10 is lock).

Top 10 this year is pretty solid with Wright, Cooley, Nemec, Slafkovsky, Jiricek, Savoie, Kemell, Miroshnichenko, Yurov, Nazar and more.

I really wanted one of Wright, Cooley, Nemec, Slafkovsky or Jiricek.

I would be really fine with one of Savoie, Miroshnichenko, Kemell, Yurov or Nazar.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
At this point, we are going to select a pretty good player. Bottom 8 is pretty lock to me (with 13-33-7, it's obvious that we don't going to be better than 25OV, so top 10 is lock).

Top 10 this year is pretty solid with Wright, Cooley, Nemec, Slafkovsky, Jiricek, Savoie, Kemell, Miroshnichenko, Yurov, Nazar and more.

I really wanted one of Wright, Cooley, Nemec, Slafkovsky or Jiricek.

I would be really fine with one of Savoie, Miroshnichenko, Kemell, Yurov or Nazar.

Yurov and Miro will likely drop because of the whole Russia/Ukraine thing.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah it's looking like a win at this stage would be passing Seattle but staying behind Buffalo/NJ/Philly and finishing 3rd last.

Time to get things back on track with a regulation L tonight. Going 0-4 on this western Canadian swing would sure be nice.

RealityHurts

Feb 24, 2020
Okay, Hoffman is taking over the mantle as Tank Commander as Petry and Ducharme are out of it. People are wrong: don't trade Hoffman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad