HF Habs: Current Standings Thread: Wrong Way for Wright (New Management edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habby Patty

May 7, 2018
Ontario
Flyers and Kraken piss me off the most. I thought the Flyers were building a contender if not just a damn good team. What a train wreck. I honestly thought they were going to be a top team in the league this year with their offseason moves.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I saw the score at 4-3 Jets and then 4-4 and I went to bed thinking "Dammit, we're going to win this one again aren't we". ...Happy to see I was wrong.

Reactions: RealityHurts

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Flyers and Kraken piss me off the most. I thought the Flyers were building a contender if not just a damn good team. What a train wreck. I honestly thought they were going to be a top team in the league this year with their offseason moves.

The Flyers are missing some key pieces right now with Hayes injured and Ellis/Couturier out for the season.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
upload_2022-3-2_9-23-12.png

TeamPoints in relation to HabsGames in HandDifference compared to Habs since last week
Arizona-1+1-2
Montreal---
Seattle+4-1-3
Buffalo+7--4
Philadelphia+9+1-2
New Jersey+10--
Ottawa+10+2-2
Chicago+13--2
Islanders+15+4+1
Detroit+21-Not Ranked
San Jose+21-+1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

You can see we gained on almost everyone.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I feel like a lot of you in here are caught in a weird space, I've seen the bright side in both losses and wins now, wins I can enjoy the game, losses at least It's close to the tank

Reactions: Habby Patty

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
with no way of making the playoffs and the only way of making our team better is to draft our next star i rather finish low and get a top 3 pick,i want a top pick this year and next and then worry about winning

It's still really weird. There's nothing enjoyable about watching your team get stomped. I get understanding the necessity of it. But enjoy? How does that not go against any rational instinct?

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
It's still really weird. There's nothing enjoyable about watching your team get stomped. I get understanding the necessity of it. But enjoy? How does that not go against any rational instinct?
i mean i did enjoy losing under Bergevin/Ducharme bcuz i wanted them gone badly but now under Gordon/Hughes/MSL i want to lose for our draft pick but yea i dont really enjoy it but i just dont see any point of winning more games,i know some people talk about our youngsters confidence but we took beatings for half a season and then Marty came and changed all that in a week so i dont think that it affects people has much as we think

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
i mean i did enjoy losing under Bergevin/Ducharme bcuz i wanted them gone badly but now under Gordon/Hughes/MSL i want to lose for our draft pick but yea i dont really enjoy it but i just dont see any point of winning more games,i know some people talk about our youngsters confidence but we took beatings for half a season and then Marty came and changed all that in a week so i dont think that it affects people has much as we think

Yeah, sorry, I just don't get any of this. I just...profoundly disagree.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
You're not enjoying the defeat itself as much as the following thought knowing that this loss precedes as much better future. A future that gets you excited.

What you actually propose is an irrational emotional impulse. The rational and reasonable mind can see beyond a single loss.

Reactions: bsl

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Yeah, no shit. But the poster I'm quoting distinctly said enjoying. Like, IRL, would you seriously sigh if you saw the Habs score a go-ahead goal of something? Would you not cheer? You can see beyond a single loss and still enjoy watching your team win a game here and there. There's nothing contradictory there. What's way more weird is doing the math after every loss when the team is well out of it and worrying about finishing out the bottom and it's looking really unlikely, mathematically.
It's how you get illiterate reactions like DUUrR U WANNA FINISH 11th? when you point out that it's weird to actually enjoy losses.
Depends on the circumstances. Irrationally, no. Rationally, possibly. I've seen this movie before "win when you need to lose and lose when you need to win". I'm completely fine with them winning a game here and there. Was super pumped when they trounced the Leafs last week. It was glorious. Problem becomes when those unnecessary wins start to pile up and jeopardize the long term vision.

Like I said, there is a bit of paranoia with Habs fans that extends beyond logic at times. We've seen this team shoot itself in the foot so many times that you just fear the worst, regardless of it being a highly unlikely scenario.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Depends on the circumstances. Irrationally, no. Rationally, possibly. I've seen this movie before "win when you need to lose and lose when you need to win". I'm completely fine with them winning a game here and there. Was super pumped when they trounced the Leafs last week. It was glorious. Problem becomes when those unnecessary wins start to pile up and jeopardize the long term vision.

Like I said, there is a bit of paranoia with Habs fans that extends beyond logic at times. We've seen this team shoot itself in the foot so many times that you just fear the worst, regardless of it being a highly unlikely scenario.

If there's one thing this board is not rooted in, it's logic. People just never own up their bad takes.

This team just went on a five-game winning streak and barely budged. There's no realistic amount of winning that's going to get them out of the basement. But people still worry about every loss because they refuse to think things through logically. Nothing is getting jeopardized and it's obvious Gorton/Hughes have (rightfully so) no intention of tanking. Because you don't need to tank to rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad