HF Habs: Current Standings Thread: Last Place Edition (Top 3 pick Clinched!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I closed the other thread, as it was diverging away from the overall topic of this thread, which is Montreal getting the best draft pick possible. It is a tank thread.

This is NOT the thread to discuss former players that should be reserved for the Out of Town thread. Inappropriate discussion will get deleted, and has the potential for warnings for thread highjacking.

Current Standings: Montreal has clinched a bottom 2 finish & a guaranteed top 4 pick.

Screenshot_20220427-233957_NHL.jpg

Ground Rules for this thread:
• This is the thread where you can cheer against your Habs to improve their draft position. Want to tank? This is your sanctuary.

• If you root against the Habs in GDTs or other threads on the Habs board, you may be warned for trolling.

• Don't bring your anti-tank arguments here or you may be warned for trolling.

• Tank you for your support

Tank Simulator :

2022 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

Last edited:

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Agreed. I don't see a multiple year tanking. This year and next is good for me to acquire elite youngsters. We already have a solid base from which to work.

Going forward...

1st 2022 (Wright, Cooley, Slaf)
1st 2023 (Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli, Dvorsky)
Caufield
Suzuki
Romanov
Guhle
Barron
Roy
Kidney
Farrell
Mailloux
Harris
late 1st 2022 (Luneau, Pickering, Korchinski, Miro(?))
late 1st 2023 - whatever that may be
offersheet in summer 2023 for Laf :sarcasm:

Let's say the top 5 on that list are either legit top pairing forwards or top pair D

From Guhle down....if we hit on 2 forwards being top 6 and 2 d men being top 4 we are good.

ALL of these pieces are very young.

This is by far the best shape we have been in for a long time. I agree sell the horrible contracts we have at vets and hand the keys to this group above.

mid decade we could ice something like

**** - Wright - Bedard
Roy - Suzuki - Caufield
Farrell - Kidney - ****
Pitlick - Evans - ****

Romanov - Guhle
Harris - Barron
Mailloux - Luneau
We could also miss the playoff of the season of 2024. So add another draft pick from 8-15. If we get lucky, we draft another good player like Caufield in the 2024 draft.

Reactions: waitin425

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
We could also miss the playoff of the season of 2024. So add another draft pick from 8-15. If we get lucky, we draft another good player like Caufield in the 2024 draft.
We could...but I'd prefer to offersheet Laf with that pick ;)

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
This fanbase is ready to blitzkrieg that bitch
That's the spirit. Let's win the lottery.. keep Wright in juniors, dont sign anyone - teade off all vet contracts at deadline, and play with the AHL boys where needed..
Then hopefully we win Bedard next season during our tankathon 2.0.. once done, we can start to add. And build our contender.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Jul 6, 2016
Familly is from Quebec City, Bedard.
But he is born out west and his own father doesn't even speak French. Maybe his grand father ????

I dunno how they would pronounce his name if drafted and playing in MTL. I think, it would be up to the kid.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dude wrote me a paragraph when I said he likes soccer more than the habs
He doesn’t like to be reminded of that and yet no one pushes soccer as hard as Marinaro does, to the point of drawing confrontation. Nothing wrong with liking soccer but if he were smart, he’d realize that you attract far more interest in anything when you’re not trying to constantly shove it down people’s throats.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
But he is born out west and his own father doesn't even speak French. Maybe his grand father ????

I dunno how they would pronounce his name if drafted and playing in MTL. I think, it would be up to the kid.
Yep, uncles and grandfather. It's a big family in Quebec City.

I might have dated one of his aunts lol

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
They’ve already wasted 2 3rd overall picks in 10 years so I’m not even excited for this…and the 1st pick isn’t even guaranteed.

Galchenyuk have been solid top 6 forward for Habs. Put one 30 goal season too. 2012 are a weak draft and Galchenyuk one of the best forward in that draft.

Kotkaniemi have still high potential... If it's not the offer of Carolina, he will be a still a Habs for 2-3 years at 2,5-3,5 per year. He show great flash in playoffs with Habs.

Not that bad... Galchenyuk has been considering even 1st overall without his injury in draft. Kotkaniemi top 5 in rankings on Bob McKenzie list.

Now if Habs draft 3rd... Slafkovsky or Nemec looks pretty amazing young talent with big potential... more hyped with both than KK and Galchenyuk in the past IMO.

Reactions: themilosh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad