HF Habs: Current Standings Thread: Last Place Edition (Top 3 pick Clinched!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I closed the other thread, as it was diverging away from the overall topic of this thread, which is Montreal getting the best draft pick possible. It is a tank thread.

This is NOT the thread to discuss former players that should be reserved for the Out of Town thread. Inappropriate discussion will get deleted, and has the potential for warnings for thread highjacking.

Current Standings: Montreal has clinched a bottom 2 finish & a guaranteed top 4 pick.

Screenshot_20220427-233957_NHL.jpg

Ground Rules for this thread:
• This is the thread where you can cheer against your Habs to improve their draft position. Want to tank? This is your sanctuary.

• If you root against the Habs in GDTs or other threads on the Habs board, you may be warned for trolling.

• Don't bring your anti-tank arguments here or you may be warned for trolling.

• Tank you for your support

Tank Simulator :

2022 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

Last edited:

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Tank Nation 2.0.22-23

Who's on board?

I'm fully on board guys.

Another year of bottom feeder will be tough to endure for fans but most importantly players. Tanking is delicate thing for veteran players. All we can hope for is it doesn't start a downward spiral that will take 3-4 more years to come out of.

Reactions: themilosh

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not sure how that plays out but I'm not worried about it. Even if we make no moves at all, we have space to sign our RFA's (Weber will have to be on LTIR before the season starts). This is worse case

Petry will not be that hard to move IMO. Depends on the RD market and how teams see their ability to fill holes with the cap space they have. Letang, Klingberg, Deangelo, Manson with Petry (trade) in the mix. There are more than 4 teams looking for top 4RD's so that gives us good leverage. Retain $1M on Petry and it's very attractive. He's not in massive decline like some are dwelling on. It's not a Gallagher situation

Weber's contract? Not sure. Maybe we try to use two 3rd rounders to see if we get any bites on draft day? Coyotes already traded for Little's contract and I'm wondering if they try to add Weber's as well.

Others? Also not sure but you never know. My primary focus is Petry and Weber
Is Hughes not on record that they won’t be retaining salary on long term contracts or am I misremembering?

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I think it's pretty safe to assume that one of Wright,Cooley or Slafkovsky will be a hab in a couple of months.

Reactions: BLONG7

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
all in for a last tank year next season and then will have a solid young core to build around most important will be to try to unload some of those horrible contracts cough Gallagher

Last edited:
Reactions: themilosh

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
all in for a last tank year next season and then will have a solid young core to build around most important will be to try to unload some of those horrible contract cough Gallagher
Agreed. I don't see a multiple year tanking. This year and next is good for me to acquire elite youngsters. We already have a solid base from which to work.

Going forward...

1st 2022 (Wright, Cooley, Slaf)
1st 2023 (Bedard, Michkov, Fantilli, Dvorsky)
Caufield
Suzuki
Romanov
Guhle
Barron
Roy
Kidney
Farrell
Mailloux
Harris
late 1st 2022 (Luneau, Pickering, Korchinski, Miro(?))
late 1st 2023 - whatever that may be
offersheet in summer 2023 for Laf :sarcasm:

Let's say the top 5 on that list are either legit top pairing forwards or top pair D

From Guhle down....if we hit on 2 forwards being top 6 and 2 d men being top 4 we are good.

ALL of these pieces are very young.

This is by far the best shape we have been in for a long time. I agree sell the horrible contracts we have at vets and hand the keys to this group above.

mid decade we could ice something like

**** - Wright - Bedard
Roy - Suzuki - Caufield
Farrell - Kidney - ****
Pitlick - Evans - ****

Romanov - Guhle
Harris - Barron
Mailloux - Luneau

Reactions: rahad

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Fat Tony blocked me apparently. I don’t remember ever interacting with him more than once, and even then it was just something minor, but apparently he didn’t appreciate my viewpoint!

Jack Todd, Brian Wilde, Engels and Cowan still good but not Mr Tolerance, go figure!
Tony blocks everyone. He’s so thin skinned for a guy that believes he’s a big media personality. Can’t take a single criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad