HF Habs: Current Standings Thread: Last Place Edition (Top 3 pick Clinched!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I closed the other thread, as it was diverging away from the overall topic of this thread, which is Montreal getting the best draft pick possible. It is a tank thread.

This is NOT the thread to discuss former players that should be reserved for the Out of Town thread. Inappropriate discussion will get deleted, and has the potential for warnings for thread highjacking.

Current Standings: Montreal has clinched a bottom 2 finish & a guaranteed top 4 pick.

Screenshot_20220427-233957_NHL.jpg

Ground Rules for this thread:
• This is the thread where you can cheer against your Habs to improve their draft position. Want to tank? This is your sanctuary.

• If you root against the Habs in GDTs or other threads on the Habs board, you may be warned for trolling.

• Don't bring your anti-tank arguments here or you may be warned for trolling.

• Tank you for your support

Tank Simulator :

2022 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

Last edited:

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
IMO, the Habs will finish with 55 points. The wins will be against the Flyers and the Cats.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I closed the other thread, as it was diverging away from the overall topic of this thread, which is Montreal getting the best draft pick possible. It is a tank thread.

This is NOT the thread to discuss former players that should be reserved for the Out of Town thread. Inappropriate discussion will get deleted, and has the potential for warnings for thread highjacking.

Current Standings: Montreal has clinched a bottom 5 finish & a guaranteed top 7 pick.

View attachment 533432

Ground Rules for this thread:
• This is the thread where you can cheer against your Habs to improve their draft position. Want to tank? This is your sanctuary.

• If you root against the Habs in GDTs or other threads on the Habs board, you may be warned for trolling.

• Don't bring your anti-tank arguments here or you may be warned for trolling.

• Tank you for your support

Tank Simulator :

2022 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon
Aren't we locked in to fourth-worst at best?

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Not quite yet. Hawks need 1 more point.

They play Arizona tonight. A Coyotes win in OT would clinch a bottom 4 finish for Montreal and put them back into 32nd, i.e last place.

The only fact CHI is still reachable is that Habs have still a chance to have a better ROW in their last 5 games if both have 61 points, right?

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Just visited the Flyers board. They already have a pregame thread up. They're hoping like hell that we put a beating on them and that Montreal can pass the Flyers in standings. :eviltongu

This is going to be like that South Park baseball episode where neither team wants to win. :joker:
For the Habs to pass the Flyers they would need 7 out of the possible 10 points remaining on their schedule with the Flyers losing all remaining games right?

If the Habs get 6 points to tie the Flyers the Flyers would win the tie break due to regulation wins so the Habs would still be the lower seed. We discussed this scenario a few days ago and I think that's how it went anyway.

Both teams tomorrow will skate the puck to the others blue line and dump the puck in and go change without even attempting a shot on goal. :)

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
For the Habs to pass the Flyers they would need 7 out of the possible 10 points remaining on their schedule with the Flyers losing all remaining games right?

If the Habs get 6 points to tie the Flyers the Flyers would win the tie break due to regulation wins so the Habs would still be the lower seed. We discussed this scenario a few days ago and I think that's how it went anyway.
I don’t know if you followed few games from flyers. I watched one and they are worst than we were under Ducharme… I think they lost theirs last 7 games. Thats terrible.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I don’t know if you followed few games from flyers. I watched one and they are worst than we were under Ducharme… I think they lost theirs last 7 games. Thats terrible.

Flyers' management broke a team already brittle with the BS they pulled on Yandle, that's fine. Habs don't need the other teams to be terrible because they're terrible themselves.

Reactions: Hins77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
No I haven't watched any Flyers games (hardly any Habs games lately either) and only know about how the Flyers have been playing from what I'm reading about them in these tank threads and from their recent record.

• Love
Reactions: Maple Leaf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad